CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

Sorry for the stupid question but how can i control if my storage is mmlck1p5?

And how can i create a partition of my sd card?

I now that i'm annoying but i'm not really expert in partitioning sd

simplest solution for my storage: reflash a winmo rom

else:

gparted --> remove all partitions and apply

make an extended partition, size: entire storage

within the extended partition, make a fat32 partition. This will be mmlck1p5

For SD card: let installer partition it

edit: stupid questions don't exist. Only the answer can be stupid

Edited by erikcas

Guest Isascaboy89

I've tried to install it from sd card with androidinstaller .exe but it doesn't work...maybe beacuse on the project page there is "DON'T USE AUTOMATIC INTERNAL STORAGE INSTALLER - IT HAS A BUG WHICH AVOIDS PROPER INSTALLING. WAIT FOR UPDATE!" ?

As i said when i try to install it with android installer the screen become black with lot of text but when the screen shows me "end?" no more happens...no reboot at all

Guest erikcas

I've tried to install it from sd card with androidinstaller .exe but it doesn't work...maybe beacuse on the project page there is "DON'T USE AUTOMATIC INTERNAL STORAGE INSTALLER - IT HAS A BUG WHICH AVOIDS PROPER INSTALLING. WAIT FOR UPDATE!" ?

As i said when i try to install it with android installer the screen become black with lot of text but when the screen shows me "end?" no more happens...no reboot at all

Can you make a pic of the text above "END"? And post it here?

That way I/we can read what goes wrong. Many things can go wrong, if we don't know what (it is in the text above "END"), we cannot help.

About the text about the installer.. It says do not use the installer to install on "my storage".

The installer works oke for installing on SD.

thanx

Guest titomax82

Well then you did the same as I did. Why is my cam working and yours not?

is it possible that not all b7610 have the same camera sensor/chip? maybe there are more revision? maybe in different countries there are slightly different models? or am I speaking like a fool? :)

Guest erikcas

As far as I know all are the same. There also is only one version of the service manual. No other kind of camera

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErnstJanF

I just reinstalled android just like last time and I got a white screen at first boot!

EDIT: Android was booting like normal (saw the statusbar for < 1 second) but white screen stayed.

Trying again now..

EDIT2: Fixed, probably by formatting linux-swap before install

@erikcas: It would be great (really great) to get rid of that stupid 'Loading' screen because now we cannot see what errors come up..

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest matriX1218

is it possible that not all b7610 have the same camera sensor/chip? maybe there are more revision? maybe in different countries there are slightly different models? or am I speaking like a fool? :)

Not possible... all are with same hardware. the only diff is firmware i.e. country specific..

Guest ErnstJanF

The 'I refuse to send any text messages' bug is back :P

Have to reinstall again..

While I'm busy with the reinstall I tried some modifications to the keylayout (I want the same as in winmo, but the W&L as BACK) and black theme.. Hope they work :)

EDIT: Now some sounds are gone o.O reinstall again..

EDIT2: Everything is OK now, didn't manage it to get the keys like in winmo (none of the keys worked anymore)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas

@erikcas: It would be great (really great) to get rid of that stupid 'Loading' screen because now we cannot see what errors come up..

The devs did code that on purpose if I am right, it is part of a proper startup procedure (?)

It is written somewhere by Sandor at the beginning of the I8000 beta3 topic.

Guest ErnstJanF

The devs did code that on purpose if I am right, it is part of a proper startup procedure (?)

It is written somewhere by Sandor at the beginning of the I8000 beta3 topic.

I'll try to change it back (or do something like 'print log to file') :)

EDIT: Wasn't it possible to telnet haret? (Don't know if that works when android boots up, probably won't)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas

I'll try to change it back (or do something like 'print log to file') :)

EDIT: Wasn't it possible to telnet haret? (Don't know if that works when android boots up, probably won't)

Why should you?

If it boots it boots.

Al the info you get during boot you can find back in dmesg.

So after boot go to terminal in phone and do

su

dmesg > dmesg.txt

and copy it to your storage. You can then read it while on winmo attached to your pc.

or simply use adb shell for it.

Guest ErnstJanF

Why should you?

If it boots it boots.

Al the info you get during boot you can find back in dmesg.

So after boot go to terminal in phone and do

su

dmesg > dmesg.txt

and copy it to your storage. You can then read it while on winmo attached to your pc.

or simply use adb shell for it.

But if it doesn't (which occurs from time to time) you'll have to GUESS what the problem is rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Look, I'm trying to change android to my needs. I'm not really a professional at programming so I need error messages to fix things. With the new bootscreen it's impossible for me to change anything in the source as I don't know what I did wrong! sad.gif

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest matriX1218

@erik

Just for my knowledge Can you tell me why it is taking more time to boot then other branded Android? Is it because it has bulky code or just because of it is loading from SD?

And any ETA for next update? ;)

Guest titomax82

Not possible... all are with same hardware. the only diff is firmware i.e. country specific..

so..should i flash to a different firmware to solve the problem?

Guest erikcas

But if it doesn't (which occurs from time to time) you'll have to GUESS what the problem is rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Look, I'm trying to change android to my needs. I'm not really a professional at programming so I need error messages to fix things. With the new bootscreen it's impossible for me to change anything in the source as I don't know what I did wrong! sad.gif

do not understand. change android to your needs? Then change android source, not the kernel source. What should you want to change in the kernel?

Guest geniussbk

Then in B7620 something in screen is inverted! I need someone with technical knowledge and a B7620 to help you out here. My first prio is 7610 but we can try in the near future.

Hi, without technical knowledge and language skills of programming I was able to fix screen inverted when keyboardslide and calibration for b7620, but there is still a problem. After a few seconds after the call, incoming or outgoing speaker and microphone muted. I installed "call light", but to me it did not help. Erikcas help please advice.

Guest titomax82

try jc2/jc3 firmware...

Before flashing and lossing all my programs, settings, etc.... I have this rom "[GER/WWE][FULL/ULTRA] WM 6.5.3.12_29017"

in my specific case: WWE Ultra

is it good?

Guest erikcas

Hi, without technical knowledge and language skills of programming I was able to fix screen inverted when keyboardslide and calibration for b7620, but there is still a problem. After a few seconds after the call, incoming or outgoing speaker and microphone muted. I installed "call light", but to me it did not help. Erikcas help please advice.

I'm impressed! What did you change? Did you compile the source?

Can you make a logcat and a dmesg during / right after call (please post it as an attached file)

Guest erikcas

can anyone give final working guides to install beta3 on b7610 (files need to download, step by step installation)

install: download installer here it has a readme with steps to take

extra files: download here. Choose REV75 (latest). Unzip and place frb3update.tar.gz and zImage in root of my storage and run haret. After that another reboot

You can apply update after installer is ready (so before first booting android)

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErnstJanF

do not understand. change android to your needs? Then change android source, not the kernel source. What should you want to change in the kernel?

Planning on taking some of my spare time to fix wifi/bt rolleyes.gif