CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

Planning on taking some of my spare time to fix wifi/bt rolleyes.gif

that is oke offcourse

The kernel is almost done I think, the only thing might be an inverted signal.

The wl1271 loads oke.

Remaining problems are loading the firmware and (here we are) controlling by android, so modify some android source to produce a proper libhardware_legacy.so.

(The current libhardware_legacy.so is looking for the libertas driver which is for I8000. We want it to look for wl1271). I think I've done that for 99%

My machine is currently compiling a wifi test, for which I know it will produce error output in dmesg.

I will post output of dmesg here in some half an hour. Maybe you could start from there.

I will try to clean up the code and make it available, so you can compile it yourself. May take a day or two. Or, easier, I will make a test update available.

I think there is little to be done to the kernelsource. I think the trick is make the firmware to load.

Guest erikcas

from dmseg

[1.065205] wl12xx: enable wlan chip

[  126.581643] init: starting 'wlan_loader'

[  126.780229] select 2509 (.cooliris.media), adj 7, size 3676, to kill

[  126.781013] send sigkill to 2509 (.cooliris.media), adj 7, size 3676

[  126.992930] init: waitpid returned pid 2524, status = 0000ff00

[  126.993163] init: process 'wlan_loader', pid 2524 exited

[  135.944848] select 2528 (d.process.acore), adj 7, size 4828, to kill

[  135.945640] send sigkill to 2528 (d.process.acore), adj 7, size 4828

[  139.298348] select 2541 (d.process.acore), adj 7, size 5252, to kill

[  139.299075] send sigkill to 2541 (d.process.acore), adj 7, size 5252

[  146.635928] wl1271: unloaded
[  212.641816] init: sys_prop: permission denied uid:10038  name:wlan.driver.status

[  212.643796] init: sys_prop: permission denied uid:10038  name:wlan.driver.status

[  212.659646] init: sys_prop: permission denied uid:10038  name:wlan.driver.status

[  212.661636] init: sys_prop: permission denied uid:10038  name:wlan.driver.status
from logcat
E/WifiService( 2004): Failed to load Wi-Fi driver.

well wl1271 was loaded, but unloaded again. It fails loading the firmware

You can find my work here

If you want to work with it it is downloadable there. Only file by file. Or a changeset as a zip archive. dl links at the bottom of the file or changesetpage, Don' t bother the power of the server it is awfully slow.

It is not on the project page yet, because this is only compilable for B7610. I have to clean up to make it compilable for I8000 too. Only then and when working I will update the project page

logcat.txt

dmesg.txt

Edited by erikcas

Guest pentarick

Strange, the REV75 update makes android unusable for me. Hardware buttons are completely messed up, a lot of keys give about 5 characters of garbage, and there's no back button so I can't quit apps. Without the update, I can use the 'K' key as a back button.

Anyone else found this kind of behaviour?

Guest matriX1218

why? Android & linux kernel are controlling it

Well,

Sometimes our hardware needs to be activated by proper firmware... if you can remember the sometimes we have use update camera firmware option from samsung service menu... this will activate/update the camera rom or so on... so it can be easily loaded by the driver whether from WM or Android..

So new Full ROM will definitely solve the problem...

I think so... whats your opinion, master...???

Guest crazyhorse78

install: download installer here it has a readme with steps to take

extra files: download here. Choose REV75 (latest). Unzip and place frb3update.tar.gz and zImage in root of my storage and run haret. After that another reboot

You can apply update after installer is ready (so before first booting android)

I have done as your guides but just appearing "Android Omnia2 Loading.." and restart to Winmo, don't know what problems is. May I try another Winmo Rom and reinstall Android

Guest geniussbk

I'm impressed! What did you change? Did you compile the source?

Can you make a logcat and a dmesg during / right after call (please post it as an attached file)

I changed the calibration in s3c-ts.c

x = ((pointercal[2] + (pointercal[0]*xtemp * 10^7) + (pointercal[1]*ytemp* 10^7) ) / (pointercal[6]* 10^7));

input_report_abs(ts->dev, ABS_X, ((x/ ts->count)-400));

I replaced this code for

x = (((( pointercal[2] + pointercal[0]*xtemp + pointercal[1]*ytemp ) / pointercal[6]) - 1715)*10/ 23);

input_report_abs(ts->dev, ABS_X, x );

I inverted keypad slide in s3c-keypad.c

input_report_switch(s3c_keypad->dev, SW_LID, !state);

#else

input_report_switch(s3c_keypad->dev, SW_LID, state);

I replaced this code for

#else

I noticed that the speaker and microphone are working only when you turn on the external speaker, ie handsfree.

You can please detail how to get logcat and dsmesg. I need to install additional software?

Guest erikcas

Strange, the REV75 update makes android unusable for me. Hardware buttons are completely messed up, a lot of keys give about 5 characters of garbage, and there's no back button so I can't quit apps. Without the update, I can use the 'K' key as a back button.

Anyone else found this kind of behaviour?

How did you apply the update?

Guest erikcas

I changed the calibration in s3c-ts.c

x = ((pointercal[2] + (pointercal[0]*xtemp * 10^7) + (pointercal[1]*ytemp* 10^7) ) / (pointercal[6]* 10^7));

input_report_abs(ts->dev, ABS_X, ((x/ ts->count)-400));

I replaced this code for

x = (((( pointercal[2] + pointercal[0]*xtemp + pointercal[1]*ytemp ) / pointercal[6]) - 1715)*10/ 23);

input_report_abs(ts->dev, ABS_X, x );

I inverted keypad slide in s3c-keypad.c

#else

I replaced this code for

#else

I noticed that the speaker and microphone are working only when you turn on the external speaker, ie handsfree.

You can please detail how to get logcat and dsmesg. I need to install additional software?

oke

for logcat and dmesg:

open terminal (dev toos -> terminal) and type

dmesg > dmesg.txt

logcat > logcat.txt

dmesg and logcat are saved as a txt file in the root of your android install.

(you could offcourse first cd to storage or something. Then it is saved there)

Guest erikcas

I have done as your guides but just appearing "Android Omnia2 Loading.." and restart to Winmo, don't know what problems is. May I try another Winmo Rom and reinstall Android

your rom is not the problem I think.

Repartition your SD card to one far32 partition and reinstall

Guest geniussbk

oke

for logcat and dmesg:

open terminal (dev toos -> terminal) and type

dmesg > dmesg.txt

logcat > logcat.txt

dmesg and logcat are saved as a txt file in the root of your android install.

(you could offcourse first cd to storage or something. Then it is saved there)

attached dmesg and logcat. 1 - after calling off a handsfree, 2 - with the included handsfree. I also noticed if you do not answer the call, then after 4 seconds - the vibration and melody stop, although the call continues to go. I would be very grateful if you help with this disaster

atach.zip

Guest erikcas

attached dmesg and logcat. 1 - after calling off a handsfree, 2 - with the included handsfree. I also noticed if you do not answer the call, then after 4 seconds - the vibration and melody stop, although the call continues to go. I would be very grateful if you help with this disaster

I am at work now. Can't read the att's here.

From the extra info in your post I suspect there can be 2 problems.

Maybe we could do a chat-session to rule out some things? If yes I will PM my chataccount.

Guest Isascaboy89

For erickas:

I've finnaly solved the problem of the question "end?"

All that i've done was just redownlading the autoinstaller.

Now i try to install android and i will report as soon as i finish installation

Guest geniussbk

I am at work now. Can't read the att's here.

From the extra info in your post I suspect there can be 2 problems.

Maybe we could do a chat-session to rule out some things? If yes I will PM my chataccount.

Thank you. I have a lot of free time, but after five hours will remove the monthly fee for Internet access. I can be online until tomorrow or the next five hours. If you have free time now that I come in you chataccount.

Edited by geniussbk

Guest erikcas

Thank you. I have a lot of free time, but after five hours will remove the monthly fee for Internet access. I can be online until tomorrow or the next five hours. If you have free time now that I come in you chataccount.

I am home in about 6 hours. I will make a specific update for you and pm you link. You can download it then and apply it. Will add some instructions

Guest Isascaboy89

I have anothe problem, i've run the android install and all was fine (i think)

After the reboot of my device, i try to launch the haret.exe file like you can ee in this screenshot

like said in tutorial, and i arrive to this screen but this is the message that the device shows me: "Cannot open script file\My Storage\Beta 3\default.txt" (like you can ee in this screenshot)

Sorry if you have to check the link to see pictures, but from some strange reason i was unable to upload it directly on forum

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest Isascaboy89

copy the attached file to the root of my storage and run the haret again..

Thx...i'll try immediatly

This is what i've done, for all the users who were asking for a step by step guide...erickas please check it and tell me if it's all correct

1) Download the installer and the kernel rev75

2) Unzip them

3) Place ALL the content of the installer (o2beta folder and other files) on the root of "My storage" (NOT the external SD card, but the internal memory called "my storage")

4) Open the o2beta folder, and launch "androidinstall"

5) A black screen with "falling" text will appear, wait until the end (it could take time)

6) The device will reboot in (more or less) 30 seconds

7) After reboot run"haret" from my storage(NOT from external SD)

8) DOn't do anything once android is booted, just reboot

9) Place on the root of my storage the files contained on "kernel b7610 rev 75" and overwrite if necessary

10) Run from haret on my storage root and enjoy android

By the way my androi a this issue:

1) When i press the letter T on the keyboard the system write "qwertyu"

2) The creen is allways rotating

Maybe i've committed some mistakes during installation...could someone explain me?

Edited by Isascaboy89

Guest pentarick

How did you apply the update?

I applied the update exactly as the post above, with the addition that I repartitioned My Storage as well as the SD card.

So I installed Android, booted it, then I rebooted the phone and copied the update-files as Isascaboy89 described above.

I saw your post that it is not necessary to boot Android before applying the update, Isascaboy89 has a similar issue with the keyboard, I see. Except I get multiple characters from about 70% of the keys.

I'm going to reinstall everything now, and I'll apply the update without booting Android first, I wonder if it makes a difference.

If I understand correctly, the 2D/3D drivers are included in the package now?

Just to be complete, I doubt if it has any influence on Android, but these are the versions of my ROMs:

PDA: B7610NXXJC2

CSC: B7610NXEEJC2

Phone: B7610XXJC1

Dutch language, with an incorrect CSC, some keys are swapped in WM. ;)

Guest Isascaboy89

I applied the update exactly as the post above, with the addition that I repartitioned My Storage as well as the SD card.

So I installed Android, booted it, then I rebooted the phone and copied the update-files as Isascaboy89 described above.

I saw your post that it is not necessary to boot Android before applying the update, Isascaboy89 has a similar issue with the keyboard, I see. Except I get multiple characters from about 70% of the keys.

I'm going to reinstall everything now, and I'll apply the update without booting Android first, I wonder if it makes a difference.

If I understand correctly, the 2D/3D drivers are included in the package now?

Just to be complete, I doubt if it has any influence on Android, but these are the versions of my ROMs:

PDA: B7610NXXJC2

CSC: B7610NXEEJC2

Phone: B7610XXJC1

Dutch language, with an incorrect CSC, some keys are swapped in WM. ;)

I have to make un update!!!

My keyboard issue is no longer a problem...i just booted android for the 2nd time and all the keyboard buttons are working properly.

I've also solved the problem of screen crazy rotation by disabling "autorotate" in the settings!!!!

You android developers have made as f*****g real great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest titomax82

Well,

Sometimes our hardware needs to be activated by proper firmware... if you can remember the sometimes we have use update camera firmware option from samsung service menu... this will activate/update the camera rom or so on... so it can be easily loaded by the driver whether from WM or Android..

How do I reproduce this steps? (step by step like a child :) )

Guest erikcas

I have to make un update!!!

My keyboard issue is no longer a problem...i just booted android for the 2nd time and all the keyboard buttons are working properly.

I've also solved the problem of screen crazy rotation by disabling "autorotate" in the settings!!!!

You android developers have made as f*****g real great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I already posted always reboot twice after updating. Some files are loaded before updated, here it was de qwerty.kl file that was loaded before updated.

At second boot the updated file gets loaded

Guest erikcas

Well,

Does not work this way. Windows and all of its drivers are unloaded before android boots. There is no way windows or its drivers are controling our phone.

Think about it... if it worked this way, no development should be needed. For instance, wifi and BT would work out of the box.

Only part that is functioning after boot is phone part. But this has nothing to do with windows as it is functioning independantly from any OS

Guest pentarick

I'm still having no luck with this. I can only reset with the stylus because I have no working 'End Call' button. Should the files get updated if I reset with the stylus?

Guest erikcas
I'm still having no luck with this. I can only reset with the stylus because I have no working 'End Call' button. Should the files get updated if I reset with the stylus?

Just pull the battery