CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest centodue

I have problem with launch android.

This what i did:

1. install androidinstall.exe

2. copy update files to My Storage

3. lauch haret.exe. There is "Omnia 2 Android loading" and i wait, wait wait (10 minutes about) and nothing :( Do you have any ideas?

Before:

1) back up SD card files

2) You must be sure to have SD card formatted FAT32 primary with about 2 GB free

Then:

1) install androidinstall.exe (in o2update folder)

2) check "startup.txt" file present in MyStorage and launch Haret.exe (not in o2update folder!) and there is "Omnia 2 Android loading" and you wait, wait wait... (THIS IS FIRST INSTALLATION WITH UNTARRED FILES!)

NOTE: restart ones or twice to be sure all the system is working correctly

3) Restart in Windows Mobile and copy update files ("frb3update.tar.gz" and "zImage") to MyStorage (overwrite zImage)

4) launch Haret.exe. Updated will be loaded and installed (in windows mobile "frb3update.tar.gz" in MyStorage must be disappear to have correct upgrade!)

If some step is different try with clean installation (remove partitions, format SD card with FAT32, transfer "froyo_beta3" file installation in MyStorage and start with step 1)

NOTE:

matrix1218 suggests Mini Tool Partition to be sure to delete every partition and to have PRIMARY not LOGICAL partition (are you sure to have this situation?)

If SD Card is NOT PRIMARY all the referring for startup.txt file are mistaken and your first boot will be always stopped in "Omnia 2 Android loading"

You must have correct configuration of SD card to have auto installation ...in other case you must install manually using Linux command to untar in correct partition name and edit "startup.txt" file to set your personal partition referring

Bye

Edited by centodue

Guest erikcas
I wait already 25-27 minutes with "Android on Omnia II loading" So i think the solve for me is format card in ubuntu to have any files and then try again.

Can you tell which exact steps you see when you run installer? Like creating partitions, untarring ext4.tar.gz and so on?

androidinstall.exe - this file is ok. I see mouting partitions, creating partition ext3, swap, then about 5 minutes untarring and install. After finish i it's 30 sec to reboot. Now I see startup.exe in My Storage. Then i run haret.exe and it's stuck on "Android on Omnia II loading"

Hi, i appologise, if the things i want to ask are already mentioned, but:

1) is there any option how to remap keys - the lock screen key to the lock screen hardware key (not on call end key)

2) is there any equalizer for the mp3 player or is there any better?

3) how can i upload or download applications to the phone? is there any other option than market?

4) is it necessary to use the program that prevents stopping calls after 30s?

thank you for any reply... and lots of thanks to erikcas, because this smooth fast android really bring live back to the old veins of my slow winmo omnia :-)

Guest erikcas

androidinstall.exe - this file is ok. I see mouting partitions, creating partition ext3, swap, then about 5 minutes untarring and install. After finish i it's 30 sec to reboot. Now I see startup.exe in My Storage. Then i run haret.exe and it's stuck on "Android on Omnia II loading"

please post your startup.txt content here and the exact partitions you see in minitool (after you installed)

Guest erikcas

Hi, i appologise, if the things i want to ask are already mentioned, but:

1) is there any option how to remap keys - the lock screen key to the lock screen hardware key (not on call end key)

2) is there any equalizer for the mp3 player or is there any better?

3) how can i upload or download applications to the phone? is there any other option than market?

4) is it necessary to use the program that prevents stopping calls after 30s?

thank you for any reply... and lots of thanks to erikcas, because this smooth fast android really bring live back to the old veins of my slow winmo omnia :-)

1. Edit /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl on adroid

2. search market :)

3. download from somewhere to pc and use adb (command is adb install filename.apk)

4. no not anymore :)

Your very welcome, my pleasure!

1. Edit /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl on adroid

2. search market :)

3. download from somewhere to pc and use adb (command is adb install filename.apk)

4. no not anymore :)

Your very welcome, my pleasure!

thank you very much for your fast answer... i am really excited by this sw you made... perfect work ;-)

may I ask again, how can i edit it? (i use win7 on PC, so is tehere a possibility?)is wi-fi/bluetooth working? and how can i made my phone to communicate with W7?

Edited by 3000HP

Guest erikcas

thank you very much for your fast answer... i am really excited by this sw you made... perfect work ;-)

may I ask again, how can i edit it? (i use win7 on PC, so is tehere a possibility?)is wi-fi/bluetooth working? and how can i made my phone to communicate with W7?

wifi -BT still not working. Driver is working in kernel but firmware is still not loaded. Think it has to do with the android filesystem, investigating that now.

For connect to win pc, see post in I8000 forum here (I think I will copy that post to second post in this forum)

wifi -BT still not working. Driver is working in kernel but firmware is still not loaded. Think it has to do with the android filesystem, investigating that now.

For connect to win pc, see post in I8000 forum here (I think I will copy that post to second post in this forum)

OK, i installed SDK, ADV... i am sorry for my dumb questions, but how can i change the qwerty.kl??

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi erickas, this will made possible sharing pc connection with b7610 via usb cable?

I'm referring to the link you have posted

Guest erikcas

OK, i installed SDK, ADV... i am sorry for my dumb questions, but how can i change the qwerty.kl??

open it in notepad++ (not notepad or wordpad, windows characters are not always recognized by linux / android) and change it. You must find the HOME word somewhere. Beware that changing the unlock key can be tricky. The endphone key is the one and only gpio key which means that pressing it during sleep wakes the phone up because it reacts to it during power off.

Assigning the wake up to another key could mean that the phone might not wake from sleeo

Guest erikcas

Hi erickas, this will made possible sharing pc connection with b7610 via usb cable?

I'm referring to the link you have posted

it does, read the post (did you?)

Guest erikcas

after boot to android, Ram in B7610 is 124Mb ram. i think have too little ram for android

especially when i install go launcher. B7610 is slow. :(

Wow, that is double the ram then that most of us have! I want it to! How do you do that.

Slow? Check if your swap is enabled

Guest Isascaboy89

it does, read the post (did you?)

Yes. I've read it but i didn't found it...anyway if you say that it is possible i trust you with no doubt...but will work even if i don't have linux on my PC?

Because step one needs linux

Guest erikcas

Yes. I've read it but i didn't found it...anyway if you say that it is possible i trust you with no doubt...but will work even if i don't have linux on my PC?

Because step one needs linux

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

2 rules:

1. Remember that it's beta. It may have bugs.

2. It's android forum not linux newbie help. Use other dedicated forums or learn linux.

Notes:

Note1: There is a bug when calling via BT or speaker, when screen goes off, only way to turn it on is finish call.

Note2: Wrong time is caused probably by lack of 3g during boot. Enabling and disabling airplane mode should help.

Note3: There is delay beetween phone starts calling and incall screen appear. It have to be fixed.

FAQ:

1. Manual install on Internal Storage (guide by Gardakkan) - link

2. ADB

- first install Android SDK

- Windows 7 - installs all drivers from Windows Update automatically

- Windows XP - use this link, but without Step 1

- Linux - follow steps (as root or with sudo):

- create file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-android.rules with following content:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666" GROUP="plugdev"

- reload udev rules: service udev restart

3. Movies

Probably best and smooth player is MX media player (even free version) with ARMv6 VFP codecs.

This post has been edited by voyteckst: 07 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

under 2. ADB, I read Windows XP - use this link, but without Step 1.

For win7 drivers should be installed automatically. If not, please google for it

Edited by erikcas

Guest Isascaboy89

under 2. ADB, I read Windows XP - use this link, but without Step 1.

I've got windows 7...but i don't know why i didn't see it!!!!

And this is wierd, cause the charachters are clear and big!!!

ahahahahaha i'm becoming blind!!!!

Sorry erickas!!!!:P

open it in notepad++ (not notepad or wordpad, windows characters are not always recognized by linux / android) and change it. You must find the HOME word somewhere. Beware that changing the unlock key can be tricky. The endphone key is the one and only gpio key which means that pressing it during sleep wakes the phone up because it reacts to it during power off.

Assigning the wake up to another key could mean that the phone might not wake from sleeo

hmm... that could be a problem for a newbie like me.... but maybe i try.... could i do it like i boot into WM... connect via USB and than change?

Guest erikcas

I've got windows 7...but i don't know why i didn't see it!!!!

And this is wierd, cause the charachters are clear and big!!!

ahahahahaha i'm becoming blind!!!!

Sorry erickas!!!!:P

;)

Guest erikcas

hmm... that could be a problem for a newbie like me.... but maybe i try.... could i do it like i boot into WM... connect via USB and than change?

If you are on linux you can. A windows pc cannot read ext4

Edited by erikcas

please post your startup.txt content here and the exact partitions you see in minitool (after you installed)

I dont have card reader now. When I get it, i'll response you.

Guest Isascaboy89

I dont have card reader now. When I get it, i'll response you.

you don't need card reader, just boot your phone with windows, connect it to the pc with an usb cable and active sync, then browse my storage, copy startup to your desktop and post it here

Guest erikcas

you don't need card reader, just boot your phone with windows, connect it to the pc with an usb cable and active sync, then browse my storage, copy startup to your desktop and post it here

After that, set USB mode to external SD and get the partitions from minitool and post them also

I need card reader to use the minitool partition wizard :)

This is my startup.txt

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

The 'mmcblk0p2' is a partition that was created in androidinstall.exe - I check this for sure.

Edited by Lolu9