CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest maddoc600

Hi!

I am running froyo beta 3... Someone could please tell me how to upgrade to Cyanogen?

I can delete the froyo partition using minitool... but want to be sure that my windows mobile setup would be safe!

thanks!

Guest crazyhorse78

I've typed su on my terminal emulator and this are the results:

su:access granted, courtesy of www.magicandroidapps.com

su: permission denied

Hope it helps

Mine same like this

su:permission denied

PS: I still update Superuser to version 3.0.7 through Market but can't update binary in SU itself

in beta3, this doesn't occur

Edited by crazyhorse78

Guest erikcas

About su, I can reproduce now. It only occurs on automatic install. If I install manual, I have no problems.

Strange thing is that I have tried to reproduce it before with automatic installer, back then I had no problems.

Again, I will look into this.

Guest maddoc600

Installed cyanogen!

I'm also experiencing SU problems (Superuser do not answer) and some appz are not getting root access...

If I can be useful as beta tester let me know!

I managed to install in Internal Storage using automatic installer but i still have a problem.

I can see the SD card mounted in Android but i cant install any apps or when i add some directories (i have alot from WM too) the phone hangs.

With the SD formatted everything works :blink:

Ive already tried the SD formatter.

Any help?

Thanks

PS: Im missing SU access as well

Keep it up :)

EDIT: I installed again manually (untar ext4.tar in Ubuntu etc) and phone IS Rooted

Edited by Athlos

Guest erikcas

Maddoc600 has tested a solution for su / root acces I provided and he came back positive.

I asked him to upload it to the forum, I hope he will, as I am not able to right now.

I will add it to the first post later tomorrow.

Edited by erikcas

Guest erikcas
Had some little problems this morning but...here I am!

I can confirm newest patch from Erikcas works!

here's the filesu (1).zip

Did you have to do something extra to make it work?

I can imagine you will have to reboot after applying the update?

Or did it work out of the box?

Btw: I think the problem is with permissions when using auto installer. In this update I "hard" set file permissions to 4755 (and it is the updated su binarie)

If more problems occur I will read it here

Guest gauravv

Did you have to do something extra to make it work?

I can imagine you will have to reboot after applying the update?

Or did it work out of the box?

Btw: I think the problem is with permissions when using auto installer. In this update I "hard" set file permissions to 4755 (and it is the updated su binarie)

If more problems occur I will read it here

its working just update superuser after update

Guest erikcas

Update: there seems to be problems with data module... my phone data connection starts but crashes and I cannot connect anymore to market or other website

problems with your provider?

Guest Isascaboy89

I've downloaded it, installed it, rebooted my phone (5 times) but isn't working for me...it allways says when i write su in terminal emulator:

su: access granted, courtesy of www.magicandroidapps.com

Guest erikcas
I've downloaded it, installed it, rebooted my phone (5 times) but isn't working for me...it allways says when i write su in terminal emulator:

How strange. It is working for one. And not working for another one. Same file on same filesystem.

Guest gauravv

dude....after installing update go to superuser and update libraries...it will work you will need internet connection.......it seems it has slow down android i lill....can anyone confirm it

b/w me enjoying tom cat its fun :D

Edited by gauravv

Guest erikcas

dude....after installing update go to superuser and update libraries...it will work you will need internet connection.......it seems it has slow down android i lill....can anyone confirm it

b/w me enjoying tom cat its fun

I don't have problems with internet connection. (Haha but my phone is afraid of me)

Serious: if experiencing slow connection, please post.

I will try to reproduce later today.

Guest gauravv

I don't have problems with internet connection. (Haha but my phone is afraid of me)

Serious: if experiencing slow connection, please post.

I will try to reproduce later today.

sorry i meant android has become little slow not internet connection!!....and now me investigating battery life after switching to 400mhz

Guest erikcas

sorry i meant android has become little slow not internet connection!!....and now me investigating battery life after switching to 400mhz

Ah oke.

I can only take a look at it when you are on standard android with no tweaking around. Else I have no or no good reference to compare to.

Guest Isascaboy89

b/w me enjoying tom cat its fun :D

i've tried but it says no root acces

Guest erikcas
Update: there seems to be problems with data module... my phone data connection starts but crashes and I cannot connect anymore to market or other website

Can you provide a logcat? Output of logcat -b radio