-------

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

i can almost guarantee its not the drivers as i have the latest from the android sdk and it gives me the same result (clockworkmod not booting)

but it cant hurt to try the drivers, then we can be sure.

i think there is something missing from the instructions given, there must be more to it huh.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

how about the clockwork image 4.0.1.5 above

its probably best we just ask Sebastian if the drivers also fail, because i really have no idea, only problem is i cant seem to send him a message the option is not there, if we could just ask him to have a quick look at the post he will most likely see the problem & post the fix smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest ColonelZap

O.k., I've tried BOTH usb drivers from you guys, no success. I also tried 4.0.1.5, makes no difference.

I'm also pretty much conviced that this is not a driver issue.

:(

Edited by ColonelZap

Guest tillaz

O.k., I've tried BOTH usb drivers from you guys, no success. I also tried 4.0.1.5, makes no difference.

I'm also pretty much conviced that this is not a driver issue.

:(

yep, same here we are defiantly missing some instructions from the process, we need sebb or fibb to have a look blink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

yep, same here we are defiantly missing some instructions from the process, we need sebb or fibb to have a look blink.gif

could ask KaltKafe and WAW as well...

Guest ColonelZap

Maybe HE should try to dump his rom, LOL :lol:

BTW, I never meant to "hijack" your thread with all my rom dumping issues, maybe if a moderator / admin sees this and moves all the rom dumping stuff to another or a new thread?

Guest tillaz

Maybe HE should try to dump his rom, LOL :lol:

BTW, I never meant to "hijack" your thread with all my rom dumping issues, maybe if a moderator / admin sees this and moves all the rom dumping stuff to another or a new thread?

its fine lol, it will benefit us all in the end, its best you have a back up before trying the roms any way, as i think no one has actually tried any with a zte branded skate

Guest plop08

its fine lol, it will benefit us all in the end, its best you have a back up before trying the roms any way, as i think no one has actually tried any with a zte branded skate

Mine is ZTE branded but as it is a test sample maybe it is different. Anyway ROMs do work with me, aswell as root and clockwork (even if it is a little tricky as you know :/ )

Guest dadashi
Well, looking at post #224, I can see there's something amiss here....

The fastboot.... well... it looks incorrect to me ... you're attempting to boot a recovery image....

The best and reliable method to use is this, flash it into the recovery partition, not the boot partition... as in:

fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.img

As a side note: for flashing the boot.img, which is different to the recovery.img do this:

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.img

then to reboot:

fastboot-windows reboot

It seems that from looking at the screenshot as per on post #224 that you included, fastboot-windows, seems to have written recovery.img into the boot partition.... :)

Edit: Mind you - I have not tried that method fastboot boot recovery.img either!

Hope this is of help, B)

This post has been edited by t0mm13b: Today, 08:48 PM

any good....?

Guest tillaz

I'm sure doing a complete full flash of the unlocked ZTE Skate romdump will completely overwrite any trace of a lock in the OMC software....

the unlock is apparently in the nand.

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

nope

anyway, it might not be in the nand, that sounds a little extreme and complicated, specialy when it comes to unlocking it...if that was the case then we should be looking for a way to dump and flash a nand chip...

hopefully not

Edited by dadashi

Guest tillaz

anyway, it might not be in the nand, that sounds a little extreme and complicated, specialy when it comes to unlocking it...if that was the case then we should be looking for a way to dump and flash a nand chip...

hopefully not

fingers crossed its in the OS... need to get this rom dumpsmile.gif

Guest ColonelZap
The best and reliable method to use is this, flash it into the recovery partition, not the boot partition... as in:

fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.img

I'm hesitant to try this? Should I?

Also, will I have to do the adb reboot bootloader command first or just the fastboot command?

OK, i've backread a bunch of pages and I can't really work out what Colonel is trying to achieve... Could someone start a seperate topic so that I can a - working out what's going on and b - keep this thread on topic. :D

P