-------

Guest tillaz

Guest Sidecar_jon

I finally took the plunge and it all went very easy following the instructions to the letter. Seems very fast to me and fine work.. As someone who has no idea how its done can i say thanks to those that do !

Couple of points, i do miss gestures, no app on the free market allows entry from the bare home screen. Signal boost still turns off when the phone sleeps for me, but maybe a WiFi app will fix that (shades of the blade there) so taking nothing away from Tillaz's achievement great rom. Thanks.

an aside is it "updated the market" and gawd isn't it horrible!

Guest tillaz

yes its just dreadful.... bring back the old one!

yep, i hate the new market to.... i tried a couple of times to revert to the old one but Google keeps forcing the update at the sign in sad.gif

Guest tillaz

QUICK UPDATE: I have ported the AOSP contacts and dialer (CM7) to the 2.3.5 version of bluemonte.... will be releasing in a couple of hours (after 9pm)

this version (2.3.4) will get an update also with the above and more....smile.gif

Guest glossywhite

QUICK UPDATE: I have ported the AOSP contacts and dialer (CM7) to the 2.3.5 version of bluemonte.... will be releasing in a couple of hours (after 9pm)

this version (2.3.4) will get an update also with the above and more....smile.gif

Great! Is everything working?

Also, how does one upgrade from 1.6 to the new one, whilst preserving account login data, apps etc?

Thanks dude! :)

Guest dadashi

I suggest you leave both Blumont versions here in the same thread with links to both kernel version on the first page....

It'll get more difficult to follow if there are two seperate 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 threads...

And signal boost is working in the stock 2.3.5 skate isn't it...?

Guest tillaz

I suggest you leave both Blumont versions here in the same thread with links to both kernel version on the first page....

It'll get more difficult to follow if there are two seperate 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 threads...

And signal boost is working in the stock 2.3.5 skate isn't it...?

nope, i have not been able to get the signal boost app to work on stock ether (its an orange app), i will look in to it though.

if the new version is in a new topic both will have links to eachother smile.gif

Guest tillaz

Great! Is everything working?

Also, how does one upgrade from 1.6 to the new one, whilst preserving account login data, apps etc?

Thanks dude! :)

you can use the filer app (androzip) to back up all apps, as for the rest.. i'm sure, if you have back up data turned on for your google account it auto restores at first sign in, other than that i don't know as a full wipe is required when moving to 2.3.5.

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

so if i just want 2.3.4 v i can just update without wipe again like i did with the last 2 updates ive done with your rom?

no, not if i add the AOSP contacts to it.... as i will have to sign a fyew things.

this is why i might just leave this version the way it is with basic updates, just so every one has a better choice smile.gif

new release might be tomorrow morning now, as i like to make sure its all working properly. (saves me uploading fixes) biggrin.gif

Guest glossywhite

no, not if i add the AOSP contacts to it.... as i will have to sign a fyew things.

this is why i might just leave this version the way it is with basic updates, just so every one has a better choice smile.gif

new release might be tomorrow morning now, as i like to make sure its all working properly. (saves me uploading fixes) biggrin.gif

You're a good man, and we all appreciate your hard work! Thank you! Late is better than never; take as long as you need :)

Guest tillaz

Any news on your updated 2.3.5 Blue Monte? You mentioned this morning, I was just wondering... :)

Thanks

just fixing some small problems, (superuser.apk is allowing root without asking )

EDIT: fixed smile.gif not long now just two graphic glitches to fix.

will defiantly be starting to upload it at 5pm

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

just fixing some small problems, (superuser.apk is allowing root without asking )

EDIT: fixed smile.gif not long now just two graphic glitches to fix.

will defiantly be starting to upload it at 5pm

Defiantly, eh? :D

Love that typo. Suggests that you'll upload it against someone's will! :P

Sorry, couldn't resist!

When you say graphics glitches, what do you mean, exactly? I'm curious, as I have thought of making my own ROM, and wonder what you're doing in the debugging phase.

Thanks

Edited by glossywhite

v1.7 coming in a couple of days or the weekend... will bring it up to date with the 2.3.5 version... infact this is now my preferd version smile.gif even gets a higher quadrant than the other (don't ask me why, i have no idea)

Edited by tillaz

Guest gitf@ce

v1.7 coming in a couple of days or the weekend... will bring it up to date with the 2.3.5 version... infact this is now my preferd version smile.gif even gets a higher quadrant than the other (don't ask me why, i have no idea)

Which is your preferred version? I think you mean 2.3.5 but not sure.

they seem to have a few bugs in the 2.3.5 version.....any update on the right to left alphabet problem in the new rom...?

still trying to find out wot part of cm7 it is that enables this.... but when i do it should be fairly straight forward smile.gif

Which is your preferred version? I think you mean 2.3.5 but not sure.

the new version for 2.3.4 (v1.7) is my preferred

i have got rid of most of the bugs in the 2.3.5 version & it will be getting a new kernel from tilal soon, so it should get alot better through time.

EDIT: infact i should really change the name for the 2.3.5 version as it is a bit confusing to follow

Edited by tillaz

Tillaz can you please give more information about overclocking?

Max Freq? Max Stable Freq etc. Thanks rolleyes.gif

it really depends on the device.. some people got just over 1ghz and some only 940mhz...

just start from 940mhz (don't tick the box to set at boot)

run quadrant tests (app from market) every time you go higher until the phone reboots...

the frequencie below the one that makes your phone reboot is you stable speed..smile.gif

now you can tick the box to set on boot.

Guest Manos Aristeidopoulos

it really depends on the device.. some people got just over 1ghz and some only 940mhz...

just start from 940mhz (don't tick the box to set at boot)

run quadrant tests (app from market) every time you go higher until the phone reboots...

the frequencie below the one that makes your phone reboot is you stable speed..smile.gif

now you can tick the box to set on boot.

Thanks Tillaz for the fast reply!

I don't have a skate to test with but maybe going to get one and wanted to know.

It sounds good to me 940.

I don't know if it helps but just to let you know there is a 2.3.5 zte official release for the zte libra maybe its going to help you improve your rom. I tried it on my blade and its really good and smooth for an official release! Good luck!