-------

Guest tillaz

Guest TouchyAndalou

• 480p video recording (800x480) (IN PROGRESS)
  • use LED flash as light when recording video / flashlight apps (IN PROGRESS)
Hey mate,

Good luck getting these working, they're probably the two main things I'm hoping to get out of this phone!

I rooted my phone last night, so I'm going to wait for 1.7 and it'll be the first rom I install.

Guest jhonny2

Hi,

I've just got my phone stolen :( it was a ZTE blade (not too much in London). So yesterday I bought the Montecarlo and I'm waiting for that 1.7 too ;) And unlock would be great so I can use my giffgaff again.

UPDATED: v.1.7 now available....

will be working on the other rom from now on, so this will only get updated when & if the video recording or Bluetooth is upgraded smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest TouchyAndalou

Great work mate, downloading now.

Apologies for the stupid newbie question, but what are .odex files? I've never noticed them in Blade roms.

And if I want to remove an app before flashing, I assume I delete both the apk and the odex?

Thanks again.

Great work mate, downloading now.

Apologies for the stupid newbie question, but what are .odex files? I've never noticed them in Blade roms.

And if I want to remove an app before flashing, I assume I delete both the apk and the odex?

Thanks again.

thats because most roms are deodexed. but this takes more external space than a none deodexed rom....

apps that are not odexed have the .dex file inside the apps apk

if you remove an app also remove its odex file smile.gif

Guest dadashi

great job Tillaz....best rom right now...

shame about the skate stock 2.3.5 being so buggy, No HD voice, No Dolby Sound, No Signal Booster and most seriously of all NO FLASH .... 10.2 doesnt work on it !!!!!!

Oh I forgot....NO ROOT...!!!

What a waste of time....

Why would zte have released such a buggy, incompatible, useless os...

Edited by dadashi

Guest garym123

ive just installed 1.7v but cant get past the little green android man,keeps saying press the green man to continue but just stays on that screen?

its ok now ive reinstalled it and seems to be working fine now :)

Edited by garym123

Guest cyberbit

TillazFrom what i remember you said that led as torch must be activated in software so you mean no chance to use any software to do the job right?

THnkx for this hard work

great job Tillaz....best rom right now...

shame about the skate stock 2.3.5 being so buggy, No HD voice, No Dolby Sound, No Signal Booster and most seriously of all NO FLASH .... 10.2 doesnt work on it !!!!!!

Oh I forgot....NO ROOT...!!!

What a waste of time....

Why would zte have released such a buggy, incompatible, useless os...

the rom has root... but i agree it lacks the best parts as mentioned above..

about adobe flash have you noticed the battery going down very fast with this installed... lol blink.gif

Edited by tillaz

TillazFrom what i remember you said that led as torch must be activated in software so you mean no chance to use any software to do the job right?

THnkx for this hard work

i'm 90% sure no apps will work until its enabled in the camera.apk or the OS...

we need to add the bottom line i think.. along with other things....

unledxwj.png

anyone know an android phone that has this working ???

Edited by tillaz

Guest TouchyAndalou

unledxwj.png

I think it may work on the Samsung i7500 Galaxy, but not 100% sure.

*edit* And the Evo 4G can be "tricked" into doing it:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tips-tricks/91881-tip-how-record-video-flash.html

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest MoreLazers

Can't seem to get my contacts to merge using the 'Join' function, going to try another wipe and install.

Otherwise great ROM though, keep up the good work; would still love an LED flashlight though :D

EDIT: Wipe and re-install did nothing for the problem, looks like a problem with the ROM as the CM7 nightly I was on previously allowed me to do it.

EDIT2: I also keep getting the error message "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I'm getting this about once every ten seconds, and it's making the ROM close to unusable.

Edited by MoreLazers

Can't seem to get my contacts to merge using the 'Join' function, going to try another wipe and install.

Otherwise great ROM though, keep up the good work; would still love an LED flashlight though :D

EDIT: Wipe and re-install did nothing for the problem, looks like a problem with the ROM as the CM7 nightly I was on previously allowed me to do it.

EDIT2: I also keep getting the error message "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I'm getting this about once every ten seconds, and it's making the ROM close to unusable.

dont really know much about the join feature, i just used the facebook app to sync contacts & worked fine.

wot is this join function & wot dose it do lol huh.gif

Guest MoreLazers

Under the contacts settings, you can join two contacts together.

Say you had one on the SIM and had Facebook sync on, you can add the number to the Facebook contact, the sync sometimes doesn't work for me so I use this.

Guest putbinoot

unledxwj.png

my HTC wildfire has a torch app on it if that's what you are asking.

Guest dadashi

I've had a little battery loss since installing flash because I keep watching TV channels streams...:)...but not drastic....

poor iphone users, they dont know what they're missing...

watching tv on the 4.3" screen doesnt really effect battery life as much as I would have thought....the OMC, specialy with v1.6 BlueMonte rom, has very good battery management...

Edited by dadashi

Guest dadashi

Ok, Installed V1.7....a few problems.....I did a wipe and fresh install...so I'm stuck on the first screen where you have to press the little green man...power off and restart, same problem....could this be a 2.3.5 version?!

I also tried flashing 1.7 over V1.6 no wipe....ok installs and starts BUT, Market won't start amongst some other strange problems...

I'm back on V1.6, no probs...

Edited by dadashi

Guest TouchyAndalou

Ok strange problem on 1.7, I have no 'accounts and sync' option in the settings menu. Did a full wipe and tried reinstalling but problem persists.

Anybody else have this? Any ideas? Thanks.

Guest TouchyAndalou

@touchy I allspice had that problem. Had to restore to a backup in clockwork.

Do you mean that you restored to a backup of version 1.6 or a backup of 1.7? Thanks.

Guest Blueton

Got this on my phone now and also have the no account or sync in the settings.

I also have a problem with link2sd as it wont mount to ext 2, 3 4 or fat so cant use it properly.

Any help on curing this as I am not the best tech minded, ie idiots guide.

Thanks