-------

Guest tillaz

UPDATE SOON: fixes network location & will remove all custom apps, so if there are any you like... back them up from 1.8.B wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Blueton

Would you put a list up of the aps you are getting rid of. Are you going to use the messageing ap that you used on the . 5 as I liked that. Look forward to the latest Tom when it is ready

Guest mustang41

Hope someone can help me!!!

Just installed Bluemonte. . .after rebooting its got to the "touch the android to begin" stage.

Nothing happens when i touch the android, and it keeps coming up with : " Sorry! The application Android keyboard(process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Pressed the force close button but it just keeps coming back.

I've rebooted twice but still the same.

It was volume 1.8B that I downloaded.

any suggestions please

Thanks Steve

Guest wrtease

go to clockwork and do this

do the wipe rule .then you wont get those problems.

1.wipe factory/data

2.wipe cache

3.go to advanced and wipe dalvick

4. mounts and storage format/sysytem

5. then install rom okay.

Guest tilal6991

the v1.8.C update will be pushed back as i am looking into the battery drain coming from the AOSP stuff.... huh.gif

It's from the push notifications in facebook and market.

Morning all.

Im just entering my 2nd week of Android ownership after buying a Orange Monte Carlo PAYG.

I spent all weekend changing roms ect and settled on the bluemonte, and would just like to say thanks to tillaz and all involved with it and keep up the good work.

My only negative with the handset so far is the pathetic battery life but saying that i am hammering it some what but the real test will be when im back at work with no way to top up the charging all day.

cheers Tom.B)

Guest TouchyAndalou

Morning all.

Im just entering my 2nd week of Android ownership after buying a Orange Monte Carlo PAYG.

I spent all weekend changing roms ect and settled on the bluemonte, and would just like to say thanks to tillaz and all involved with it and keep up the good work.

My only negative with the handset so far is the pathetic battery life but saying that i am hammering it some what but the real test will be when im back at work with no way to top up the charging all day.

cheers Tom.B)

How long is your battery lasting you? You'll probably find that heavy usage will result in you having to recharge within 12-18 hours. Significantly less if you're streaming video, watching films etc. Low- Moderate use should see you right for 48 hours or so. This is the case with almost all Android smartphones.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

UPADATE SOON: i have now fixed all problems

fixed back up & restore

fixed network location

fixed battery drain

update will be very soon as i may be selling the the phone, all depends if orange replace or fix my phone, by rights they should but who knows they dont seen to like me lol huh.gif

Guest putbinoot

UPADATE SOON: i have now fixed all problems

fixed back up & restore

fixed network location

fixed battery drain

update will be very soon as i may be selling the the phone, all depends if orange replace or fix my phone, by rights they should but who knows they dont seen to like me lol huh.gif

Have I missed something, what happened to your phone.

Have I missed something, what happened to your phone.

its the back cover its been faulty since i bought the phone & now it barley clips on...

they did offer a replacement a couple weeks back but i thought it would take weeks so refused it,

& now i know they do it all at your door i want it fixed / replaced biggrin.gif

How long is your battery lasting you? You'll probably find that heavy usage will result in you having to recharge within 12-18 hours. Significantly less if you're streaming video, watching films etc. Low- Moderate use should see you right for 48 hours or so. This is the case with almost all Android smartphones.

im going to monitor it properly this week n see how it lasts.

but i have had wifi on alot and downloading apps ect, today has seemed fine but ive hardly used it.

My main concern is taht i use it quite alot out on site as a `PHONE` making quiet a few calls, my old blackberry lasted a day with moderate usage so using that as a guide ill

see how it is on friday

im going to monitor it properly this week n see how it lasts.

but i have had wifi on alot and downloading apps ect, today has seemed fine but ive hardly used it.

My main concern is taht i use it quite alot out on site as a `PHONE` making quiet a few calls, my old blackberry lasted a day with moderate usage so using that as a guide ill

see how it is on friday

update tomorrow should fix your battery problems smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest mustang41

Got it on and running. . . thanks to everyone who helped!

And a massive thank you to Tillaz for making and sharing this. Got it running at 940 and it's like a new phone :D Once again thanks.

Just as an aside. . .when I try to forward a text message there doesn't seem to be any way of bringing up the contacts list. Any thoughts.....it's probably me being dense!!!

Steve

Got it on and running. . . thanks to everyone who helped!

And a massive thank you to Tillaz for making and sharing this. Got it running at 940 and it's like a new phone :D Once again thanks.

Just as an aside. . .when I try to forward a text message there doesn't seem to be any way of bringing up the contacts list. Any thoughts.....it's probably me being dense!!!

Steve

this is why i want to ditch AOSP mms they are terrible compaird to go sms pro....

wot you have to do is start to wright the name of the contact in the number box and they should start to pop up wink.gif

Tillaz is there any way to install DSP manager on your Rom?

Thank you

i don't think it can, as its think its in the framework of cm7

will check when i get time & let you know wink.gif