-------

Guest tillaz

Tilaz, any chance of getting eastern right to left alphabet working?

CM7 supports eastern languages but that rom is tooo flawed, no GPS, no bluetooth, other problems....

i will look into this might have an idea .

I know its not as easy as you make it sound Tillaz :lol: because its a .zip file...do I need to unzip the contents then use a program to make it a .zip file again? Or is there an easier way?

unfortunately you cant just install from sd card because its more like framework than an app. i will explain properly when i get home, about 5'ish smile.gif

Guest PedroVader

unfortunately you cant just install from sd card because its more like framework than an app. i will explain properly when i get home, about 5'ish smile.gif

Sorry Guys, my bad, I installed the OHS_480x800_SKATE_A1.00.01_signed.apk to get the gestures back in combination with orange's homescreen, plus a couple of other apps from the stock rom,

It's that Friday thing, loosing my mind today (whats left of it!!)

blink.gif

I have a big problem...everytime I make a call, my phone screen goes black and I can't press the 'hang up' button, if it goes to voice mail I can't stop it from leaving a message unless I take out the battery, why is this happening?

This is the first time I have called someone since I flashed the rom (V1.5)

Edited by Navie

you have to re-config your closeness / distance sensor...I can't remember the number to the config, maybe someone here can help....

Edited by dadashi

you have to re-config your closeness / distance sensor...I can't remember the number to the config, maybe someone here can help....

Oh yeah...I forgot about that proximity sensor, must be that! I will try and search for the answer, thanks

Sorry if I missed something in this thread but how do I flash this thing? Thanks :-)

copy you custom rom to your phones sd card it should be a .zip

boot into clockwork recovery by powering you phone on and when the green android man shows up press and hold the volume down button untill small vibration then release, it should now boot in recovery.

volume buttons = up & down movements.

home button = select/ok

back button = go back

select wipe data/factory reset

press yes

select wipe cache partion

press yes

now select install .zip from sdcard

choose .zip from sdcard

navigate to you custom rom

select it and press yes

wait for it to install......... then reboot smile.gif

I know its not as easy as you make it sound Tillaz :lol: because its a .zip file...do I need to unzip the contents then use a program to make it a .zip file again? Or is there an easier way?

just open the bluemonte.zip with winrar go to system then app leave it like this

open the stock rom the same way and find systemUI.apk & just drag and drop it into the bluemonte.zip that you have open

then just close them & reflash the rom smile.gif

just open the bluemonte.zip with winrar go to system then app leave it like this

open the stock rom the same way and find systemUI.apk & just drag and drop it into the bluemonte.zip that you have open

then just close them & reflash the rom smile.gif

Also...when I pull down the notification bar to read the notification updates, the background of the notification is a cyan colour, will the SystemUi.apk change the background colour of this too?

Sorry if I missed something in this thread but how do I flash this thing? Thanks :-)

hey, are you the guy from youtube that dose the phone videos? (ColonelZap), if so is your skate the zte branded version

(not from orange) because if you could make a rom dump of your device it would be very handy for me and others biggrin.gif. hope you don't mind me asking.

thanks.

Edited by tillaz

Also...when I pull down the notification bar to read the notification updates, the background of the notification is a cyan colour, will the SystemUi.apk change the background colour of this too?

no, all the other stuff is in the framework

no, all the other stuff is in the framework

I've re-flashed, still have the same problem...the battery is still a round circle with number in centre (not stock battery icon) and the cyan colour exists throughout the rom, is there a way to make everything green as it should be?

My signal and WIFI icon now has no colour.

Edited by Navie

looks like i will be releasing v.1.6 soon... as i am really having a hard time with the bluetooth HID & increasing video quality (800x480) / flashlight

v1.6 will basically just enable ad- hoc support

if some with a zte blade could flash the stock orange rom and try lgcamera app at 800x480 and tell me the outcome it would be a great help.....

So, can't I just copy and paste the framework-res.apk from the stock?

Guess what?...I replaced the framework-res.apk with the stock one and everything works now...woohoo, the only thing is...the app icons are still blue instead of green in the app tray but that doesn't matter :)

Guest tillaz

Tilaz, any chance of getting eastern right to left alphabet working?

CM7 supports eastern languages but that rom is tooo flawed, no GPS, no bluetooth, other problems....

try this app its apparently very good, MoreLocale 2

will also see if a can get it working in the rom but not sure i can sad.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest ColonelZap

copy you custom rom to your phones sd card it should be a .zip

boot into clockwork recovery

That's what I was "afraid" of. I have an unlocked Skate, no branding, no Orange rom, no nothing, just right out of the box phone / firmware.

Obviously there is no clockwork recovery on it and it's not rooted.

So, how to root, how to get a clockwork recovery on it before I can simply use the update.zip?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest ColonelZap

hey, are you the guy from youtube that dose the phone videos? (ColonelZap), if so is your skate the zte branded version

(not from orange) because if you could make a rom dump of your device it would be very handy for me and others biggrin.gif. hope you don't mind me asking.

thanks.

Sorry for the double posting ;)

Yes, that's me, or better: My video / phone :)

I guess in order to dump my rom I'll need the clockwork recovery on it, right? See problem above.

Guest dadashi

try this app its apparently very good, MoreLocale 2

will also see if a can get it working in the rom but not sure i can sad.gif

I know that app, it adds more local languages...but it doesnt fix the right to left alphabet problem, the rom must support that..

HTC, Samsung; SOny, etc.. have included fixes in their roms for this so you can use any language but not ZTE...

Cyanogen is the only rom that supports all eastern right-to-left languages for ZTE, I suppose I'll have to wait til Tilal fixes the bugs in the Skate cm7...

Guest ColonelZap

no, you shouldnt use clockwork to dump it...installing clockwork will overwrite parts of the original rom making it useless for devs...

O.k., then I need different instructions on how to dump my rom :)

What's the "hope" to be getting from my rom?

Guest dadashi

you'll have to wait tilaz and tilal or other devs to wakeup and join the forum for instructions to dump the rom without clockwork...

We've been waiting for a "clean" rom dump from an unlocked device in modaco since Skate came out...it's to help mod the Skate with future features and hopefully unlock them...

also if you do a "clean" rom dump you can install it back on to your device in the future, maybe to send for repairs on warranty...once you install clockwork it will be present on your device and in any rom dump....

Edited by dadashi

Guest ColonelZap

and hopefully unlock them...

That's what I thought ;) I can't imagine anyone is after the handful of ZTE widgets, LOL :lol:

I'll be patient, I won't flash a CWR on it before I HOPEFULLY be able to dump my "clean" rom :)