[ROM] Unofficial MIUIandroid 1.10.8

Guest Simon O

Ideas for 1.9.30 due at the end of this week:

• Try to fix the green lines showing in photos taken at 5MP
  • Add the 4-way reboot menu to the rom, accessible from the lockscreen only
  • Modify the launcher to support scrollable widgets
  • Add a fix for the RIL crashes that cause no service that has plagued the phone since stock roms.

1.9.30 adds some nice features too:

• 1. MIUI Weather updated focused on solving issues with the underlying code and GPS positioning accuracy. Widget time syncronisation, CMWAP and other issues, generally improved performance and stability of application.
    • 2. Faster sorting of desktop / homescreen icons, New feature shake the phone 3 times in editing mode will automatically reorganise the current desktop icons.
    • 3. New 2G – 3G switch added to toggles, single page notification bar switch customisation.
    • Finally, a more rapid and enhanced auto-answering of phone function, support for delaying time to answer call.
    • Full list of updates released on Friday as usual.

flibblesan, while u at it, can u improve scrolling speed in menu?..its lagging and choppy.

for example, menu button -> setting..

btw, in contacts or msging its smooth.

I did notice a few slowdowns like that before but I've been modifying and improving the kernel since and it seems a lot better. Next release should hopefully be better. hopefully.

4-way reboot menu as standard will be great :)

Do you already have a fix for the RIL crashes? Didn't know such a bug existed (shows how many calls I get) :D

It very rarely happens.. jumping from 3G to 2G and back seems to trigger it. What happens is the radio goes into a SIM_LOCKED state which I assume then expects a pin to be entered.. although I have no SIM PIN. Using an older libril-qc-1.so seems to make things better but I'm not entirely sure if the issue is resolved.

DZO tried adding code to his custom ril to fix this but it caused major problems for anyone with a sim pin.

I was using his custom built ril but switched to using the standard Huawei RIL for now. I'll give Jacobs a try whenever I get his files.

4 way menu.. I know stockwell adds the version that takes away the ability to hold down the power button to show the notification & toggle buttons. I like that feature so I'll add the reboot to the lockscreen only. The reason is that most people won't need to reboot into recovery all the time.

It very rarely happens.. jumping from 3G to 2G and back seems to trigger it. What happens is the radio goes into a SIM_LOCKED state which I assume then expects a pin to be entered.. although I have no SIM PIN. Using an older libril-qc-1.so seems to make things better but I'm not entirely sure if the issue is resolved.

DZO tried adding code to his custom ril to fix this but it caused major problems for anyone with a sim pin.

I was using his custom built ril but switched to using the standard Huawei RIL for now. I'll give Jacobs a try whenever I get his files.

4 way menu.. I know stockwell adds the version that takes away the ability to hold down the power button to show the notification & toggle buttons. I like that feature so I'll add the reboot to the lockscreen only. The reason is that most people won't need to reboot into recovery all the time.

yeah..its non issue for me,i can always shutdown first and reboot to recovey manualy..

btw,i've read about lagging in menu scrolling,its happen since miui using gingerbread..

and one more thing,im using v6supercharger,in your and mengluo ver of miui it does not mess up the x5 setting but on stockwell ver it reset the x5 setting after reboot..why does this happen?is it because u guys using different base?

Not sure about the V6 Supercharger. As long as it works on my build then that's fine :)

Had a bit of bad news about the green line on the camera bug. The current fix which involves disabling gemini is not a good fix. It disabled GPU hardware accelerated graphics which makes the UI slightly choppy, games laggy and problems playing high quality video files. We need to find a better way to fix this so the next release will still have the green line. Since the camera can be switched to 3MP to remove the issue with hardly any quality loss, I'd rather people did that for now than disable GPU acceleration which is way more important.

Hope you guys understand.

Not sure about the V6 Supercharger. As long as it works on my build then that's fine :)

Had a bit of bad news about the green line on the camera bug. The current fix which involves disabling gemini is not a good fix. It disabled GPU hardware accelerated graphics which makes the UI slightly choppy, games laggy and problems playing high quality video files. We need to find a better way to fix this so the next release will still have the green line. Since the camera can be switched to 3MP to remove the issue with hardly any quality loss, I'd rather people did that for now than disable GPU acceleration which is way more important.

Hope you guys understand.

i think i understand how lag it is..i've tried debug.sf.hw=1 in build.prop. i add this code manually in build.prop, nothing change..but when i change it to debug.sf.hw=0, ui becomes very lag..

im just a noob, i thought by adding this line will improve the menu scrolling, its already enabled actually..

Guest Simon O

MIUI Weather is only available in China right now. Massive shame :(

BTW there seems to be a bug with the displaying of scrollable widgets in the Launcher. I'm looking for a fix.

Fix available on first post

Guest That-Guy

MIUI Weather is only available in China right now. Massive shame :(

BTW there seems to be a bug with the displaying of scrollable widgets in the Launcher. I'm looking for a fix.

Did you get the link to the launcher I sent you on Twitter? Can that help?

Edited by That-Guy

Guest Simon O

Did you get the link to the launcher I sent you on Twitter? Can that help?

Yeah I got that thanks. The chap editing that launcher is working with miui.us now so I just grabbed the launcher from them :lol:

Guest That-Guy

Also I think the X5 Settings app has been updated:

- x5settings: Fix settings backup when installing new rom

- x5settings: Add ability to change the voice volume factor (same as changing /etc/volumefactor.txt)

- x5settings: Move 'about x5settings' to options menu (press the settings key from the main menu)

I'm I little disappointed with the "shake to sort" feature, I thought it would of placed the icons in alphabetical order :(

Guest Simon O

Also I think the X5 Settings app has been updated:

I'm I little disappointed with the "shake to sort" feature, I thought it would of placed the icons in alphabetical order :(

Yep it has been updated but I don't think stockwell is happy about me including his app in my ROM.

The shake to sort feature is crap and it does need the option to sort in alphabetical.

It would be very interesting for me if you could add the wake phone with volume bottom function. You can add at MIUI even as an option on the x5 settings app. Many of users wants this option

Guest Simon O

Just noticed the Power Control Widget does not work ;)

Not needed in MIUI anyway so probably just as easy to remove it :)

yeah that's properly broken. Seems to be some other issues too. The joy of weekly test builds!

Guest stockwell

Yep it has been updated but I don't think stockwell is happy about me including his app in my ROM.

If you thought that I wasn't happy then maybe you should have either asked me, or removed it from the rom. Why leave it at an old version?

Guest Simon O

If you thought that I wasn't happy then maybe you should have either asked me, or removed it from the rom. Why leave it at an old version?

Sorry, stockwell. I should had asked you directly if I could include the application in this port.

Guest That-Guy

Flibblesan when Koush/Stockwell fixes the ClockworkMod Install from ROM Manager can you add your version of MIUI into it?

So it will be amazingly simple to update! Pretty Pwease :D

Guest Simon O

Flibblesan when Koush/Stockwell fixes the ClockworkMod Install from ROM Manager can you add your version of MIUI into it?

So it will be amazingly simple to update! Pretty Pwease :D

Actually I'm looking to go one better and have the MIUI updater working. Just need to get round to dropping Mark at miuiandroid.com a message.

Guest Sere83

Great work!

Was hoping to buy the Xiaomi Mi-One, but I don't think exporters are gonna get hold of it for at least a couple of monthes. Really want to buy a phone that runs MIUI and this seems like the cheapest option, really considering it.

Just wondered if the camera issue is likely to be recitified any time soon? Also does this support hard ware accelerated video decoding? Whats battery perfromance like?

Any help appreciated

Cheers.

Guest Simon O

MIUI 1.10.7should be available over the weekend. I do not know what is new from the MIUI team but one change from myself will be the removal of the x5 settings application. Apologies to anyone that found this application useful in the past.