[ROM] Unofficial MIUIandroid 1.10.8

Guest Simon O

Guest Jacky444

I have an very silly question, but since i've installed MIUI i've been impressed ALOT. AMAZING version of android.

But it has one big flaw, where the hell is main menu xD i cant seem to find it :/ (the app shower or how ever i'd call it)

Guest Jacky444

ahh dont like that :D installed custom launcher and im loving the OS big time. Its really nice to navigate, UI is amazing, functionality <333. Mic quality still sucks for me =/ i tried options from X5 app and the first one made my voice abit better, still didnt fix issue 100%. But i read that in newer there wont be X5 app, i'd like to see it there also please !!!!!!!

I really appriciate developers that made MIUI, U8800 compatable !

one more question, sup with battery usage ? I've been on wifi & installing apps for 15min and battery drop from 100% to 85% O.o

Edited by Jacky444

Guest That-Guy

Official 1.10.8 is out :)

Recommended updates this week:

1. From Gallery application, selecting video playback now supports option to choose third-party player.

2. Default player supports gravity sensor rotation.

System:

Optimisation of button delay when submitting registration of account, prevent misuse of submit button when attempting to register

Optimisation of background pop-up list items

Optimise the height of the tab bar with the adaptive content, make it easier to customise the theme

Optimisation of the edge of pages yellow glow effect

HD2 new Apps2SD patch fix to improve stability

Phone:

Fix problem when call is in progress, screen automatically goes black

Bluetooth connection in some cases does not automatically popup device selection pop-up

Fix multi-party call when the other party hangs up call, “more” does not automatically pop-up panel problem

Fix in some cases connecting to Bluetooth, Bluetooth phone is turned off problem

Themes:

Fix the clock, album details widget title bar displays unusual problems

Gallery:

From Gallery application, selecting video playback now supports option to choose third-party player.

Default player supports gravity sensor rotation.

Settings:

In some cases the sliding switches cannot be repaired problem resolved

Edited by That-Guy

Guest Simon O

I didn't have much time to work on the bugs this week sadly. The new release 1.10.8 doesn't have many U8800 tweaks but it's still recommended to upgrade to this.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some free time soon to work on the bugs with the assistant of Jacob*.

Some people will be sad about the x5settings application being removed from the ROM. This was removed due to accusations that my port is nothing but a clone of stockwells ROM which I completely deny, and not having permission to include the application in the first place. I am seeking out an alternative application to tweak the CPU voltage, governor and overclocking values.

*he doesn't know this yet B)

Guest Simon O

How can it be a clone if you have your own customised kernel and different version of MIUI? LOL :D

Great work as always, updating now :)

Maybe because the kernel I am using is made up of code commits from stockwell, franco and dzo. Possibly.

Guest That-Guy

OK trying to work out what apps are missing from your latest release? (apart from X5 Settings)

- DSP Manager

But I have another empty space on my home screen, what else has gone? :D

Flib, I didn't knew about this release of MIUI and I want to test it.

Where can I download the PT-PT language pack?

Is this compatible with CWM 5.0.2.3?

Can I flash this over "official" MIUI 1.10.7 so I don't lose the settings and apps or have to do a clean install?

Edited by PJ77

Guest cooldfuzion

Can I flash this over "official" MIUI 1.10.7 so I don't lose the settings and apps or have to do a clean install?

You can make a backup using the Miui backup tool, that backsup your apps and settings!

s***, that is one ofthe apps I delete immediately after installing a new MIUI update lolol.

Never needed it andnow I do.

Meantime, if thereisn’t Portuguese support I will not be interested for now.

Guest Simon O

OK trying to work out what apps are missing from your latest release? (apart from X5 Settings)

- DSP Manager

But I have another empty space on my home screen, what else has gone? :D

DSP Manager & x5 settings. DSP Manager removed since MIUI EQ works fine and doesn't need the extra app, and x5 for reasons I've given before.

Guest Simon O

Flib, I didn't knew about this release of MIUI and I want to test it.

Where can I download the PT-PT language pack?

Is this compatible with CWM 5.0.2.3?

If you are running 1.10.7 then you don't need this ROM. It's the same MIUI, just that miuiandroid gave it a different number. For PT translations I don't know if there is a seperate pack for it.

If you are running 1.10.7 then you don't need this ROM. It's the same MIUI, just that miuiandroid gave it a different number. For PT translations I don't know if there is a seperate pack for it.

ok m8 thanks

Guest cooldfuzion

So you are saying that the Miui rom from stockwell and your Miui rom is the same??

Guest Simon O

So you are saying that the Miui rom from stockwell and your Miui rom is the same??

My rom is built from the MIUIandroid.com Desire Z English ROM. Stockwell uses the miui.us Desire Z ROM. Both are English translations from the original Chinese MIUI ROMs provided by MIUI themselves.

Guest cooldfuzion

My rom is built from the MIUIandroid.com Desire Z English ROM. Stockwell uses the miui.us Desire Z ROM. Both are English translations from the original Chinese MIUI ROMs provided by MIUI themselves.

Ok mate, thanks and keep the good work, the rom is working perfectly ;)

Guest That-Guy

MIUI 1.10.14 Now Released:

Recommended updates this week:

Added support for Incredible S officially

Fix operating Experience of time wheel

Fix support for Mms groups

Fix lockscren using volume keys when power button is broken or faulty

Added FM support for I9000 (Samsung Galaxy S)

Upgraded HD2 kernel to R12.4

System:

Added FM support for I9000 (Samsung Galaxy S)

Added FM support for Incredible S and Desire S

Optimisation of gravity sensor switching between horizontal and vertical orientation

Upgraded HD2 kernel to R12.4

Optimized operating Experience of time wheel

Fix in some cases phone is restarted after installing applications to SD card

Fix touch screen problems after system reboot

Fix charging touch sensor disorder problems

Fixed error in some cases Wi-Fi connection cannot light screen

Fix in some cases tactile feedback disappears

Fix in some cases Wi-Fi connection is suddenly terminated

Fix problem when changing default alarm tone does not apply correctly problems

Phone:

Fix after optimisation of call recording, notification sound does not work

Optimisation of smaller memory model to improve opening speed of contacts in dialer

Optimisation of delayed dial usage (extensions / operator recall)

Fix HD2, call tone loud popping noise problem

Fix disorder of incoming call ringtone in some cases

Deleting call records in the record does not show MMI code

Searching for a contact, fix problem where companies name does not match returned search data, Rebuild T9 index data to fix problem

Messaging:

Added support for Mms groups

Fix messaging pop-ups, recent task switch to SMS, SMS will cause repeated problems

Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

Added support for unlocking the lockscreen after the rebound animation module

Fix lockscreen screen rotation effect does not force the issue

Launcher:

Optimisation of sensitivity when moving desktop icons between screens

Fix in some cases the default clock widget cannot be skinned

Camera:

Support the process of opening new camera flash fill light

Optimisation of flash unavailable in some modes, the flash icon cannot be clicked

Optimisation to enhance night-mode shooting

Optimisation of imaging sensor to increase sharpness

Noise under low-light optimisation to improve recording quality

Defy, fix video card problems

Gallery:

Fix for Milestone and Defy playing video, screen becomes distorted

Settings:

Added support for lockscreen wake using volume rocker buttons when power button is broken or faulty

Fix Wi-Fi connection sets up wrong channel / routing problem

SoundRecorder:

Fix in some cases the recordings list displays in the wrong order

Updater / Download Manager:

Fix updater problem ‘check for updates’ only using Wi-Fi will lead to power consumption problems

Quite a good set of Tweaks :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JarousCZE

is somewhere the original stock rom, for case that something goes wrong and i have to send my phone to warranty?

or just backup it in clockworkmod?

if i flash this original rom, back everything will be the same as before or something changed?

Thx jaryn

Guest Simon O

Because I don't have a lot of free time recently, development of this port will stop for now. I would recommend that people try out the MIUI.US port by stockwell which is more feature complete. Stockwell recently got wifi hotspot fully working and has also announced that USB tethering is functional too.

My focus for now will be on real life for the rest of the year. After that and once the code for Ice Cream Sandwich drops I'll participate with other developers to bring this to you all.