[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Great news from Russia!!! Deadlink and V.P.Zadov working on new kernel for gen2 devices,its based on 2.6.35smile.gif

i see progress and hopefully soon will be working perfect !

Guest Racerboy

Hello,

I have Go SMS installed and I am having an issue with the SMS. I do not get any notifications of new messages, but if I open the stock app or the Go SMS app, the new messages are there. It is really similar to this one reported here http://code.google.c...s/detail?id=391.

Is this happening to anyone else?

In the link I posted they say it is fixed, could this be fixed here to?

I do not know if what i am asking is even possible, because it seems to be a problem of low memory... Also I really would like to keep Go SMS installed because of backup functionalities and foreign characters support...

Thanks.

hi, which ROM are you referring too? this info will help first

Guest andrethril

hi, which ROM are you referring too? this info will help first

I am using 210 but I think that in 209 I experienced the same issue. Not sure because just used it for half a day...

Guest Racerboy

and what needed to be download I downloaded build 210

if you have downloaded #210 swap or no-swap, follow installation instructions ALL of them on post #1 on this thread (FULL WIPE) this will help to clear any errors if you had just installed over another ROM..............

Guest Racerboy

I am using 210 but I think that in 209 I experienced the same issue. Not sure because just used it for half a day...

ok is their any notification at all or does it blink 4-5 times then goes off totally?

Guest Racerboy

and as for the battery wanted to ask a question on how much should be sufficient ?

how you mean?.......charge fully 100% wipe battery stats in CWM (advanced/wipe battery stats) then charge again for 1 hour to recalibrate battery........

Guest wipi4pda

And what to do with the graphics mistake did not understand a few times перестанавливал firmware , with all the wipe and she's still there!

Guest Racerboy

And what to do with the graphics mistake did not understand a few times перестанавливал firmware , with all the wipe and she's still there!

you use CWM or RA-Recovery?

Guest andrethril

ok is their any notification at all or does it blink 4-5 times then goes off totally?

For example, if i just finished using Go SMS app and receive an sms right away, i get the notification normally and the popup appears, as it should be. But if it has passed like a minute or so since last used the sms app i don't receive any type of notification at all. When I open the sms app, the new messages are there marked as unread...

I have the cyanogenmod option to keep the sms app in memory enabled. If I disable it it gets worst: there are some random messages that I dont receive at all, just loose them.

There are some reports like these over the interenet (like the one I posted), but they are all some months old and all say are resolved...

Also, I am using your ROM with no swap, do you think I should use with swap? I would like to avoid that because of the excessive reads and writes on the memory card, but if that would help...

Thanks

Guest Racerboy

For example, if i just finished using Go SMS app and receive an sms right away, i get the notification normally and the popup appears, as it should be. But if it has passed like a minute or so since last used the sms app i don't receive any type of notification at all. When I open the sms app, the new messages are there marked as unread...

I have the cyanogenmod option to keep the sms app in memory enabled. If I disable it it gets worst: there are some random messages that I dont receive at all, just loose them.

There are some reports like these over the interenet (like the one I posted), but they are all some months old and all say are resolved...

Also, I am using your ROM with no swap, do you think I should use with swap? I would like to avoid that because of the excessive reads and writes on the memory card, but if that would help...

Thanks

ok so when your sleeps basically no notifications? when awake is fine? as for loosing messages hmm...... did you perform full wipe of previous ROMS BEFORE installing #210 as per 1st post instructions as installing over or not wiping/formatting properly can cause conflicts?.........i have a theory......but i need your answers to the questions

Guest andrethril

ok so when your sleeps basically no notifications? when awake is fine? as for loosing messages hmm...... did you perform full wipe of previous ROMS BEFORE installing #210 as per 1st post instructions as installing over or not wiping/formatting properly can cause conflicts?.........i have a theory......but i need your answers to the questions

Yes, basically.

I wiped everything, I always do...

Guest Racerboy

Yes, basically.

I wiped everything, I always do...

ok basically a while ago cyanogen mod dropped/disabled the notification LED staying in the blade kernal due to battery consumption, deadlink kernals i believe was either compiled before this or has the option enabled in the kernal which presents the problem of the LED staying on all the time until you restart phone (Light Flow solved this)(also all ROMS from this thread had deadlink kernal included up to #209, #210 has new revision of kernal) now we have same version kernal newly revised/compiled by vamshistunner but with newer source code so option is disabled by default for the LED to stay on whilst asleep (which saves battery) which will probably explain that i hope you get what i`m saying :unsure: ........so now for the messages going a miss, do you have "millions" of apps installed and running all the time?

Guest Racerboy

yes he did

hmmm......nobody else has reported any "graphical glitches" what so ever........so i`m kinda stuck with your problem.....thats why i asked questions about how you install ROM and what recovery method you use...........full wipe again and install...........and check if "graphical glitches" still exist.......does "graphical glitches" happen only when you install app or is it on notification bar aswell?

Guest andrethril

ok basically a while ago cyanogen mod dropped/disabled the notification LED staying in the blade kernal due to battery consumption, deadlink kernals i believe was either compiled before this or has the option enabled in the kernal which presents the problem of the LED staying on all the time until you restart phone (Light Flow solved this)(also all ROMS from this thread had deadlink kernal included up to #209, #210 has new revision of kernal) now we have same version kernal newly revised/compiled by vamshistunner but with newer source code so option is disabled by default for the LED to stay on whilst asleep (which saves battery) which will probably explain that i hope you get what i`m saying :unsure: ........so now for the messages going a miss, do you have "millions" of apps installed and running all the time?

I think I understood what you are saying, but i don't get any notification at all, not just the led so I dont know if that is related...

If I go to settings and see the running apps I have

- Messages 7Mb

- Settings 12 Mb

- Maps 8.5 Mb

- Go Sms pro - 9.5 Mb

- DSP manager 3.8 Mb

- Google Services 13Mb

- Swiftket X - 20 Mb

And it reports about 120Mb of RAM full and just about 5Mb free.

And in this same list from time to time, there are apps (including, and most frequently go sms pro) that say 'restarting'...

I am the only one with this issue? I thought Go sms pro was very popular...

Guest Racerboy

I think I understood what you are saying, but i don't get any notification at all, not just the led so I dont know if that is related...

If I go to settings and see the running apps I have

- Messages 7Mb

- Settings 12 Mb

- Maps 8.5 Mb

- Go Sms pro - 9.5 Mb

- DSP manager 3.8 Mb

- Google Services 13Mb

- Swiftket X - 20 Mb

And it reports about 120Mb of RAM full and just about 5Mb free.

And in this same list from time to time, there are apps (including, and most frequently go sms pro) that say 'restarting'...

I am the only one with this issue? I thought Go sms pro was very popular...

ok seems you are running out of RAM......

option 1 you install a task killer and set it to automatic every hour or so, downside you may need to charge phone abit more

option 2 you install the SWAP version and allocate some sdcard space as virtual RAM (will increase ram space virtually) downside overtime (could be months/years depends on how busy phone is) it MAY decrease sdcard performance or KILL it.........

option 3 you uninstall some apps and see how it goes

Guest andrethril

ok seems you are running out of RAM......

option 1 you install a task killer and set it to automatic every hour or so, downside you may need to charge phone abit more

option 2 you install the SWAP version and allocate some sdcard space as virtual RAM (will increase ram space virtually) downside overtime (could be months/years depends on how busy phone is) it MAY decrease sdcard performance or KILL it.........

option 3 you uninstall some apps and see how it goes

That sucks... sad.gif

What about your phone, do you have more free ram? You dont have nothing installed? Do you use swap? Because from the list, the only thing I think I can uninstall are the maps...

Do you thing that if I revert to android 2.2 will have more free ram?

Will try uninstall maps for now...

Edited by andrethril

Guest Racerboy

i have upto 50meg spare usually i dont need nor use swap but i dont have lots of apps running, try the task killer option for now install it reboot and see how things go