[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest andrethril

i have upto 50meg spare usually i dont need nor use swap but i dont have lots of apps running, try the task killer option for now install it reboot and see how things go

But my point is, besides maps and go sms, the remaining apps that are running, are out of my control. I mean... they are stock arent they? Even if I install a task killer I cant kill them, isnt that true?

Sorry to bother with so many questions but I like the understand these things rolleyes.gif

Guest Racerboy

But my point is, besides maps and go sms, the remaining apps that are running, are out of my control. I mean... they are stock arent they? Even if I install a task killer I cant kill them, isnt that true?

Sorry to bother with so many questions but I like the understand these things rolleyes.gif

i dont mind :)

to a point yes although most apps/system apps will be killed, some will also reappear instantly but it WILL free up some RAM.....enought for your phone to breathe :) try it....report back....if not any difference we`ll go down the SWAP avenue

Edited by Racerboy

Guest andrethril

i dont mind :)

to a point yes although most apps/system apps will be killed, some will also reappear instantly but it WILL free up some RAM.....enought for your phone to breathe :) try it....report back....if not any difference we`ll go down the SWAP avenue

lol sorry for the insistence once again, but if all the remaining apps are 'stock', how do you manage to have so many ram free? Tell me your secret master of roms xD

Will try app killer.. (goodbye battery...)

Guest Racerboy

post-910581-0-56890400-1317495366_thumb.

here mine all tasks running are on that screen

Swiftket X - 20 Mb keyboard? (ram muncher)

have you tried Go Keyboard instead ?

stock "apps" can be killed but some do reappear instantly

Edited by Racerboy

Guest andrethril

post-910581-0-56890400-1317495366_thumb.

here mine all tasks running are on that screen

Swiftket X - 20 Mb keyboard? (ram muncher)

have you tried Go Keyboard instead ?

stock "apps" can be killed but some do reappear instantly

I gess you are right.. really lots of ram! I use it on my other phone (LG p500) that's why i tried it on zte. The predictions are really awesome! It can really guess what will write...

But ok, cheaper phone, less expectations xD will give go keyboard a shot!

Will give feedback later!

Guest Racerboy

I gess you are right.. really lots of ram! I use it on my other phone (LG p500) that's why i tried it on zte. The predictions are really awesome! It can really guess what will write...

But ok, cheaper phone, less expectations xD will give go keyboard a shot!

Will give feedback later!

for a cheaper phone it beats alot of the more expensive ones :lol: but ya tell us what happens :)

Guest Racerboy

also after afew days of you having this rom installed android os will kinda figure out what gets used the most and cater for it, which inturn you`ll get better performance

Guest andrethril

also after afew days of you having this rom installed android os will kinda figure out what gets used the most and cater for it, which inturn you`ll get better performance

That is nice! Thanks once again laugh.gif

Guest rremedio

You can use Root Uninstaller and Gemini App Manager to freeze or uninstall annoying apps. Gemini also have options to stop apps from autorunning.

Guest andy787786

open Terminal Emulator and type the below commands..

su

dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400

mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp

swapon /sdcard/swap.swp

Note:

1) In the second line parameter "count" is the size of swap file ("102400"= 100Mb) You can change the size to whatever you want

2) swap.swp is the name of the swap file and you can create it anywhere inside /sdcard/

3) "swapon" is the command used through terminal emulator for activating swap and "swapoff" is used for deactivating.

Hi! Do we need switch on swap every time phone is rebooted or only once?

Guest Racerboy

Hi! Do we need switch on swap every time phone is rebooted or only once?

just once to enable, doesnt matter how many times you reboot or turn phone off and then if you wish to disable swap at any point just put:

swapoff /sdcard/swap.swp

Guest andy787786

please give more feedback on #210 so i can officially confirm its stable/reliable and ammend 1st post thank you :)

people who have commented already there is no need to comment again thx :)

You can. I've been using #210 since yesterday...no issues encountered.

tx

I started to get FCs with Calendar today, happens now every time on attempting to start the app. I restored 210, restored 209, both attempts are giving Calendar FCs.

Restored #179, no FCs in Calendar, it works fine. I'm reloading 206v2 onto sdcard, and will restore it & see if Calendar works there.

Strange, hadn't noticed a problem until today.

EDIT: 206v2 Calendar works ok.

Edited by jm888

Guest vamshistunner

I wont do anymore kernels enabling USB HOST MODE or LED issues after screen off (I disabled it just because it causes battery drain). If anything has to be changed then it will be done on newer versions of kernel if all goes well. And regarding overclocking, i think that much performance is enough for racer. It cant be overclocked to 1.4Ghz as someone was asking me, it will burn your racer if that is possible. lol

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest vamshistunner

I started to get FCs with Calendar today, happens now every time on attempting to start the app. I restored 210, restored 209, both attempts are giving Calendar FCs.

Restored #179, no FCs in Calendar, it works fine. I'm reloading 206v2 onto sdcard, and will restore it & see if Calendar works there.

Strange, hadn't noticed a problem until today.

EDIT: 206v2 Calendar works ok.

If you had FC's then extract the files Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk from system/app/ of #206v2 ROM and put it in #210 using root explorer, then it will work fine for sure :)

Guest anil_go

If you had FC's then extract the files Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk from system/app/ of #206v2 ROM and put it in #210 using root explorer, then it will work fine for sure :)

yeah.. it worked.B)

Guest Racerboy

+1 B)

I just can't belive it: in 206v2 Calendar.apk is 327979 bytes long and in 210 is 327980! That one byte somewhere ...

haha lol, cyanogen always tweaking things, makes testing fun sometimes............the simple replacing 2 .apk`s didnt work for me.......am investigating this........

Guest vamshistunner

haha lol, cyanogen always tweaking things, makes testing fun sometimes............the simple replacing 2 .apk`s didnt work for me.......am investigating this........

Try clearing data of calendar and calendar storage in "Manage Applications->All" and reboot the phone after replacing both files. It should work :)

Guest Racerboy

Try clearing data of calendar and calendar storage in "Manage Applications->All" and reboot the phone after replacing both files. It should work :)

i`ll check it on #213 that i`m working on :)

Guest equiliym

i think the issue in the calendar on 210 is in the framework.. if you open apk you will notice that framework is all ldpi and mdpi and calendar is only hdpi so it has errors with strings and stuff, might even miss some images.. i fixed mine issues with other calendar.apk that has res>drawable-mdpi in it and i get no fc and all.. forgot to send it to racerboy, sorry :(

Fantastic, that worked for me too, thanks so much.

Guest Racerboy

i think the issue in the calendar on 210 is in the framework.. if you open apk you will notice that framework is all ldpi and mdpi and calendar is only hdpi so it has errors with strings and stuff, might even miss some images.. i fixed mine issues with other calendar.apk that has res>drawable-mdpi in it and i get no fc and all.. forgot to send it to racerboy, sorry :(

funny enough i had notice that in the framework-res.apk file as well calander.apk whilst having a look around this morning on 213