[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest equiliym

Even so, I have a question: it is possible to have the wifi connection allways on, even when the screen goes off? I chose to stay always on on settings. But when the screen goes off, wifi is turned off. This just doesn't happen if the phone is charging... (I experienced this issue in all your roms so far...)

tbh, in all roms i tried, option to keep wifi awake with screen off didnt work, i think it worked only on rexchuns releases but i cant be sure.. thats just my experiance..

Guest Racerboy

Racerboy,

Just to inform you that my problem about no receiving text messages is solved. It seems to be a bug with the memory management that when the phone first boots after a clean install, the RAM starts to get more and more full over time... If I restart the phone everything comes back to normal! Bah... so easy...

Meanwhile I installed #213 and everything seems to be ok atm. Good job ;)

Even so, I have a question: it is possible to have the wifi connection allways on, even when the screen goes off? I chose to stay always on on settings. But when the screen goes off, wifi is turned off. This just doesn't happen if the phone is charging... (I experienced this issue in all your roms so far...)

Thank you

that was basically my point, your running out of memory (ram), why i sugested a task killer for you or to use the swap version of the rom :)

as for wireless it automatically timeouts when phone sleeps to save power, so to change that go on Settings/Wireless & Networks/WiFi Settings then press the Menu soft key, select Advanced goto WiFi Sleep Policy and select "Never" now it wont "timeout" when your phone sleeps to save power :)

Guest andrethril

that was basically my point, your running out of memory (ram), why i sugested a task killer for you or to use the swap version of the rom :)

as for wireless it automatically timeouts when phone sleeps to save power, so to change that go on Settings/Wireless & Networks/WiFi Settings then press the Menu soft key, select Advanced goto WiFi Sleep Policy and select "Never" now it wont "timeout" when your phone sleeps to save power :)

No, this just happens one time form, just after I do a clean install. After that it doesn't happen again.

I did that in the advanced settings, but the wifi still times out, thats exactly my point. By what equiliym says this is a bug in cm7. Would that be easy to solve?

Guest Racerboy

No, this just happens one time form, just after I do a clean install. After that it doesn't happen again.

I did that in the advanced settings, but the wifi still times out, thats exactly my point. By what equiliym says this is a bug in cm7. Would that be easy to solve?

for now set screen time out to 30mins and we`ll try and get a fix for it, hmm try market app for wifi to connect to router and tell me if it still timeouts or not :) i`m working on it :)

Edited by Racerboy

Just don't know why but this evening all my battery has gone too fast. as far as i know i don't have anything special running. I'm running 213 with swap

Guest Racerboy

Just don't know why but this evening all my battery has gone too fast. as far as i know i don't have anything special running. I'm running 213 with swap

ok charge your phone fully, then reboot into CWM goto Advanced and "Wipe Battery Stats" charge again for an hour or so to re-calibrate your battery and see how you go........sometimes needs it if you change roms alot or have not done it before :) swap will drain your battery more if used alot compared to standard rom

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Vlatko25

ok charge your phone fully, then reboot into CWM goto Advanced and "Wipe Battery Stats" charge again for an hour or so to re-calibrate your battery and see how you go........sometimes needs it if you change roms alot or have not done it before :) swap will drain your battery more if used alot compared to standard rom

racer boy from yesterday i use your rom

everything is perfect

battery

phone is fast

only bug i found is in stock browser,as i see the stock browser is version 2.3.5?

sometimes true surfing it shows some blank lines,i dont know why is that

thats why i repport this to you

everything other is perfect

and only this i try deadlink kernel whit your rom

bugs: touch screen very bad,sound fixed totaly,and is very slow,propably not overcllocable

ok that is for now

i hope you help me with the stock browser:D

Guest Racerboy

racer boy from yesterday i use your rom

everything is perfect

battery

phone is fast

only bug i found is in stock browser,as i see the stock browser is version 2.3.5?

sometimes true surfing it shows some blank lines,i dont know why is that

thats why i repport this to you

everything other is perfect

and only this i try deadlink kernel whit your rom

bugs: touch screen very bad,sound fixed totaly,and is very slow,propably not overcllocable

ok that is for now

i hope you help me with the stock browser:D

thx for the feedback :) i will check browser and rectify

deadlink kernal screentouch is slightly out of position for me, i did not check audio also on-demand auto clock has been removed to save power

Guest andrethril

for now set screen time out to 30mins and we`ll try and get a fix for it, hmm try market app for wifi to connect to router and tell me if it still timeouts or not :) i`m working on it :)

ok I installed this app https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.miraidou.regpon.wifi and it seems to be ok now, although in the descriptions it says it will drain more battery because it keeps cpu awake.

Hope that if the native option is fixed it won't have this drawback :)

Regards

Guest Vlatko25

thx for the feedback :) i will check browser and rectify

deadlink kernal screentouch is slightly out of position for me, i did not check audio also on-demand auto clock has been removed to save power

no problem big support from me for your hard work:D:D

i am waiting to see your reply about the browser:D

Guest Racerboy

ok I installed this app https://market.andro...dou.regpon.wifi and it seems to be ok now, although in the descriptions it says it will drain more battery because it keeps cpu awake.

Hope that if the native option is fixed it won't have this drawback :)

Regards

thx that has narrowed it down for me :) now it could be either the wifi cm7 source files with bug or kernal related for power save and the app prevents it from sleeping, like my temp solution to set SCREEN timeout to 30mins...... i dont really use the wifi option and nobody has mensioned this issue before (not that i can rememeber anyway :unsure: ) i will find a solution

Guest andrethril

thx that has narrowed it down for me :) now it could be either the wifi cm7 source files with bug or kernal related for power save and the app prevents it from sleeping, like my temp solution to set SCREEN timeout to 30mins...... i dont really use the wifi option and nobody has mensioned this issue before (not that i can rememeber anyway :unsure: ) i will find a solution

You use the cm7 blade sources am I right? If that's so, it is already reported here: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/22797-wifi-sleep-policy/

Hope that helps

Guest Khan Miro

Hi Racerboy, I don't PM you, cause I am not your personal friend(following your earlier statement)

I was about to ask you whether you allow me to do something. I support the Bulgarian Android forum with links and info about ROM for the Racer particular (we have it under our operator logo here), but I tell who is the developer and where is it from (not stealing ROMs, just pointing them out). The point was - do you allow me to give the links to your ROMs or not?

Anyway good work except for the calibration... waiting for deadlink to write the new module of the screen.

Have anyone tried the kernel for racer with USB devices recognition?

Has anyone tried Racer Android 3.0 ROM ? I did, but the screen was 180 degrees rotated and I am waiting for a newer release, but still it's ass-kicking idea.

Thanks.

Edited by Khan Miro

Guest andrethril

yes i do, but not sure whether its kernal related or not especially with the LED issue you now get with using 3rd party app for wifi, i will try and get this fixed :)

I dont know if i explained myself well. The notification led blinks normally as it originally should when there is a notification before that feature was removed from the kernel, do you understand? Its not like its a continuous always on.

Guest Racerboy

Hi Racerboy, I don't PM you, cause I am not your personal friend(following your earlier statement)

I was about to ask you whether you allow me to do something. I support the Bulgarian Android forum with links and info about ROM for the Racer particular (we have it under our operator logo here), but I tell who is the developer and where is it from (not stealing ROMs, just pointing them out). The point was - do you allow me to give the links to your ROMs or not?

people can pm me BUT not for problems regarding roms, that is what the forum is for :)

sure that is not problem, so long as you use the link in my signature or http://raceroms.co.uk/index.php and not upload to 3rd party sites......thank you very much i`m glad you like my work...:)

Anyway good work except for the calibration... waiting for deadlink to write the new module of the screen.

Have anyone tried the kernel for racer with USB devices recognition?

Has anyone tried Racer Android 3.0 ROM ? I did, but the screen was 180 degrees rotated and I am waiting for a newer release, but still it's ass-kicking idea.

Thanks.

i have tried deadlink new gen1 kernal, screen calibration is slightly off (needs adjusting up abit) but hopefully will correct it, although the patch for gen2 users to use gen1 roms is a great achievement :) as for the 3.0 i tried as well, its alpha needs some work, i hope they work it out, will be very nice rom to have.......

Guest Racerboy

I dont know if i explained myself well. The notification led blinks normally as it originally should when there is a notification before that feature was removed from the kernel, do you understand? Its not like its a continuous always on.

yes the notification has been removed/disabled from latest source of 2.6.32.9 when phone sleeps led goes off after 4-5 blinks to save power, ok thank you, i`ll ask vamshi if he knows about this :)

Guest Khan Miro

Thanks, I will post links from your site with a label "Racerboy's" (already posted one). Spread the word, ya know ;)

Long live ZTE Racer, I am surprised how much feedback and dev it receives. I am sure we will have 4.0 by the end of the year (rofl) :D :D :D

Guest Racerboy

Thanks, I will post links from your site with a label "Racerboy's" (already posted one). Spread the word, ya know ;)

Long live ZTE Racer, I am surprised how much feedback and dev it receives. I am sure we will have 4.0 by the end of the year (rofl) :D :D :D

Our bottom of the range android phone is great, especially with all the customs roms their is to choose from, past 6 months or so theirs been explosion of them :lol: :lol: :lol: keep it coming :)

BTW theres plenty of other roms on their too from tigtex, myself, equiliym`s sense like roms, chinese roms too

Edited by Racerboy

Ok i'll do that, i re-calibrate some times because i like to test every rom, so i'm thinking that is the point, i'm installing 213 without swap too. Thanks

Guest Racerboy

Ok i'll do that, i re-calibrate some times because i like to test every rom, so i'm thinking that is the point, i'm installing 213 without swap too. Thanks

always good to do once in a while, i have minimal apps installed and dont use swap :)

Guest wooly_sammoth

Evening,

I've had #213 installed for a while now and have no issues to report.

I have been fairly busy and have been using my phone as a phone so haven't had time to check the more remote menu items but I haven't noticed anything in the general day to day running of the phone which gives me cause for concern. The ROM is quick and smooth and there is never a long pause while it catches up with my commands which I have noticed on previous ROMs. The calibration is spot on and all in all my Racer is a joy to use.

Looking forward to the next nstallment ;)

Just had time to install #213.

I have no comments, it's smooth, fast, stable.

Everything works - including the screen on/off animations (yay :P).

The new kernel is definitively better for the calibration, but there are still many ghost typos and misclicks (solvable by GoKeyboard). I just don't know how can the calibration be perfect in 2.1 and 2.2.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts for making our Racers fly again.

Guest Racerboy

no problem big support from me for your hard work:D:D

i am waiting to see your reply about the browser:D

Vlatko25 can you post a screenshot of your problem so i can see exactly what it is please :)