[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest molpie001

Hi Racerboy,

When I receive a call, the green and red buttons have different dimensions: the red seems to be "clicked". Could you check, please ?

Installed. All seems to be ok. Tomorrow I will test it. Thanks a lot. wink.gif

Guest Racerboy

Hi Racerboy,

When I receive a call, the green and red buttons have different dimensions: the red seems to be "clicked". Could you check, please ?

hi, yes it has slightly smaller ring wheel feature to answer calls which works fine, their is alot of features available to change to your prference, dont know what mean by "clicked"

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

battery on 217 staggering. after 20 minutes on tapa only lost 1% battery, really happy with this rom and thank you. as yet no issues found for what features I use:)

Guest mladenovic73

battery on 217 staggering. after 20 minutes on tapa only lost 1% battery, really happy with this rom and thank you. as yet no issues found for what features I use:)

My batery after 5 min go down 20% on #217.I did the full wipe.

Guest plegdroid

I did an ott flash over 210 and is working like a dream, I always try ott first, then if goes wrong then do a clean install.:)

ps I do freeze anything I don't use, ie fm.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest lfernandes

Try to use only 2G networks and disable de data connection (sometimes the data connectecion drynes my battery and that appends too with stock room)

It gives you some error when you install gapps?

I don't have problems installing them.

What i do is i install the rom with the instructions on 1st post, then i reboot the phone and let the phone go to the "desktop"

Reboot the phone and enter in CWM, go to "install zip from sdcard" -> toggle signature verification to disable signature verification

install gapps 20110828 and reboot the phone.

I've the same problem once and i've done that and never had the problem again ;)

Hope it helps

Ok so I tried this method and I got the following message (again):

"Sorry!

The application Market (process com.android.vending)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Force close is the only option.

I seem to get this Force Close all the time, as if my phone just will not accept any of the gapps package. Regardless of wifi/3g/data connections. If I install any roms pre-loaded with google apps such they all work flawlessly, Market included.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Guest plegdroid

Ok so I tried this method and I got the following message (again):

"Sorry!

The application Market (process com.android.vending)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Force close is the only option.

I seem to get this Force Close all the time, as if my phone just will not accept any of the gapps package. Regardless of wifi/3g/data connections. If I install any roms pre-loaded with google apps such they all work flawlessly, Market included.

Any ideas? Anyone?

could try and extract vending apk from a rom you know it does work on and manually install in system,( ie root explorer):)

ps I don't install the zip anymore just the gapps I need. market.

Edited by plegdroid

racerboy, thank you for the quick answer.

i'm also having problems with the #213 on the lock screen widgets on the cyanogenMod, when i slect the lock screen manu and go to the widgets the phone shuts down the app and a error mensage pops in the screen saying that it have some error.

can you take a look on that for me? maybe is just my phone, but who knows.

thank you very much!

Guest lfernandes

racerboy, thank you for the quick answer.

i'm also having problems with the #213 on the lock screen widgets on the cyanogenMod, when i slect the lock screen manu and go to the widgets the phone shuts down the app and a error mensage pops in the screen saying that it have some error.

can you take a look on that for me? maybe is just my phone, but who knows.

thank you very much!

Same here, because i don't use widgets on lock screen I've never seen that error, bbur he is there.

Guest plegdroid

Same here, because i don't use widgets on lock screen I've never seen that error, bbur he is there.

Hiya I believe this is a know issue with 213.:)

I have one problem with all the ROMs that exist for the racer - Wi-Fi thethering.

It drops after I lock the screen.

I tried "Advanced WiFi Locker" from the market but that just works for WiFi connection, not tethering.

Barnalce WiFi Tether solves this problem, but I can't use it because it creates ad-hoc network, and other android phones don't support connecting to ad-hoc network.

Every other tethering app works well with other phones, but when i lock the screen - the wifi drops instantly.

I know this is a known ZTE Blade problem too, but I just can't find a solution, and I really need to be able to tether to other phones :(

Guest plegdroid

I have one problem with all the ROMs that exist for the racer - Wi-Fi thethering.

It drops after I lock the screen.

I tried "Advanced WiFi Locker" from the market but that just works for WiFi connection, not tethering.

Barnalce WiFi Tether solves this problem, but I can't use it because it creates ad-hoc network, and other android phones don't support connecting to ad-hoc network.

Every other tethering app works well with other phones, but when i lock the screen - the wifi drops instantly.

I know this is a known ZTE Blade problem too, but I just can't find a solution, and I really need to be able to tether to other phones :(

Hiya krste,

when you say lock the screen do you mean lock the screen or when the screen times out? :)

Hiya krste,

when you say lock the screen do you mean lock the screen or when the screen times out? :)

Not immediately, the wifi drops after the screen timeout aka when the phone goes to sleep.

Guest andrethril

Not immediately, the wifi drops after the screen timeout aka when the phone goes to sleep.

As a temporary solution set the screen timeout to 30min, as long as the screen is on, wifi will not drop.

It will drain more battery for sure, but tethering already consumes so much by itsef that you should have the phone always connected to AC power.

Edited by andrethril

Guest Th1ag0w

I unplugged my phone 2 hours ago, and now my battery is 88% (85% of this time the phone was on deep sleep mode)

I kept the screen on for 10 min, data off, wifi off, bright @ 25%, 2g only, just the screen on, and the battery went down from 92% to 88%.

So, even with FM freezed, I think this rom is heavy a battery drainer for me lol :D Maybe this is just with me, but anyway, i'm reporting it here

Edited by Th1ag0w

Guest andrethril

Just to report that I am using 217 since last night.

Everything seems to be working fine for now.

Unplugged my phone 8h33m ago and I have 96% battery left. Only 2G, data off, wifi on for about an hour, 15 or something text messages , two phone calls

Nice work RacerBoy! ;)

EDIT: and 5 min of angry birds laugh.gif

Edited by andrethril

Guest plegdroid

that's good then, download from market "screen time out toggle " it's free, I place it with the system apps, it just toggles between screen always on, or on for just 60 seconds. set to always on.,and it should keep your tether:)

well, 210, 213 and 217 are consuming alot of battery on my device, even with wifi, 3g, 2g, radio and some other apps off

i will wait a lil more till you guys refine the rom to use it.

or maybe tigtex can help us here, since his rom mc 113 deals flawless on the battery consuming.

keep the awesome work guys!

Guest TigTex

My blade has the same problem since nightly 210... i have no idea why the phone keeps 40-50% active when screen is off. Not everyone has this problem. If full wiping doesn't help, downgrade the ROM 

Edited by TigTex

Guest Racerboy

Well we certainly have a mixed bag of battery life is good battery life is bad scenario`s here with 210 onwards.........i`ve played 5 HOURS of mp3 music today whilst painting and still have 45% of battery left (#217)......not 1 ROM has the same effect for everybody i`ve noticed, alot of people may say #210 is best on battery/performance others say #175 or #213......what i think i will do is revise the #210/#213 builds next week to incorparate app updates and settings but keep the core files that make them good all rounders

Guest plegdroid

with battery issues me thinking, because every body uses there phone in different way's, without some standard testing process trying to quantify results is always gonna throw up mixed results .

Guest Racerboy

with battery issues me thinking, because every body uses there phone in different way's, without some standard testing process trying to quantify results is always gonna throw up mixed results .

agreed, everbody uses phone differently on a day to day basic so i guess we`ll still get the same varied results :blink: BUT we have choice to choose from many roms now, just need to find the right 1..........new rom doesnt always mean progress but you never know unless you try them :lol: