[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest andy787786

Downloaded #224 in morning. Seems to be fine. Gallery is not 3D but I'm okay with that!

I dont know why in all CM7 roms wifi switches off itself even when sleep policy is set to 'never'.

Guest wooly_sammoth

just tried with it frozen an it still download s a file "bIRpEMtygos.swf as a 1.4mg file.?

.swf is a flash movie file so it looks like your phone is trying to download the video rather than play it with youtube. Do you have youtube installed?

Guest wooly_sammoth

Really sorry about this but my hosting company has suspended my account again. They say a script is using too much memory but claim that they can't let me know which script it is.

I'm in communication with them now to get the sites back online and I am investigating alternative hosts.

Either way, raceroms.co.uk is going to be down for a while.

Alternative #224 links:

#224 With Swap

#224 No Swap

Edited by wooly_sammoth

Guest Khan Miro

hah.. is that kernel enabled or what?

i wonder why no one ever listened to me :/

Hey, man, don't feel miserable, you are a part of the community ;) I also think that multitouch is a matter of software and it could be done for the Racer, so we should not give up :) I think Racer gets more feedback than some of the high-end phones..... ;] Anyway, what is that we didn't listen to you ? :)

Guest plegdroid

.swf is a flash movie file so it looks like your phone is trying to download the video rather than play it with youtube. Do you have youtube installed?

no, that will explain it. take it would auto play it with installed:lol: , feel a real noob, thank you :)

Guest Glock24

Hello,

I just got my Racer a couple days ago, here in Nicaragua it's sold as the "Movistar Link".

I installed #217 after unboxing it, and #221 yesterday. I tested with and without Market, and besides the ease of apps installation, I really dislike all the Google stuff (juet read the license), so I'm doing without the Market and Gapps.

So far everything has been great, except for the camera not working and the GPS only turns on after a reboot. I read in the forums about the camera on the brazilian model not working, maybe the Racer sold here is the same?

Thanks to Racerboy and everyone involved in the making of this ROM.

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but can someone recommend a good notes/tasks/appointment/calendar application? No need to be able to sync to the cloud or anything, just good functionality is desired.

Also I'm looking for a GPS app that gives real time stats like speed, altitude, lat/long etc. like a real GPS device (no maps or navigation is required

EDIT: Didn't notice the GPS issue anymore with ROM #221, also I found the app I was looking for:

http://www.codesector.com/speedview.php

Thanks.

Edited by Glock24

Guest Glock24

Oh, here's a curious note:

This phone happens to use a very similar battery to my old Nokia's BL-5C, it's got same voltage, same contact location, very similar form factor, just a bit shorter and less capacity (850mAh). The Nokia battery works in the Racer, you have to put something to hold it in place because it fits a bit loose, but it works! For me this means I have 2 extra batteries :P

Guest equiliym

hi guys, just wondering if there is a update note which would show us what is added in all the new roms...:)

check here about changelog

oh yeh is there any way to keep all the installed application and install a fresh rom?

just dont do wile data/cache.. or use titanium backup to backup restore your data/apps every time you flash a rom

Guest gagan313

check here about changelog

just dont do wile data/cache.. or use titanium backup to backup restore your data/apps every time you flash a rom

thanks...by the way....whats that multi touch thingy bob on the racer???

i know it dosnt support it but i read that you can make android think you are pinching and zooming.......

Guest wooly_sammoth

Just a quick note to say that raceroms.co.uk is back up and running.

On another issue:

I've had #224 installed since it was released and it is the best ROM I have used so far. The battery life is really something special.

Edited by wooly_sammoth

Guest plegdroid

Just a quick note to say that raceroms.co.uk is back up and running.

On another issue:

I've had #224 installed since it was released and it is the best ROM I have used so far. The battery life is really something special.

+1 :)

Guest Racerboy

built in screen shot is working:)

yer man its been working since vamshistunners new revised kernal i included in my roms..........

BTW i`m back, in a new house and all sorted apart from 1 or 2 jobs, but the main part of moving and decorating is done, got the comps setup and back online........ :lol:

Guest Racerboy

Just flashed #224 only problem noticed right away is the screen off/on animation don't work.

Everything else seems smooth and fast.

restart phone and it will work

Racerboy, have you got Wifi tether working? :)

And can i modify the ROM to make my camera work properly?

I mean, i have the brazilian version, so there is that incompatiblity stuff..can i take the 'drivers' from the original ROM and insert in your ROM?

Thanks! :)