[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest deadlink

hi guys i just want to kow how that guy got dual touch on his racer???http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blRpEMtYqos

if its real then how would you get it?

Yes, it's real. The kernel will soon be available for download. This modification was made available through kalltkaffe. I ported and optimized it for raсer. Tell all the details later =)

Guest equiliym

Yes, it's real. The kernel will soon be available for download. This modification was made available through kalltkaffe. I ported and optimized it for raсer. Tell all the details later =)

hey deadlink, while your at it modding kernel code, can you take a look at NTFS automount? cm7 changelog says "It does, of course, only work if NTFS is supported by the kernel." and i'd like to see that option on racer enabled :) i also send this to vamshi but dont know if he saw my msg..

Guest deadlink

hey deadlink, while your at it modding kernel code, can you take a look at NTFS automount? cm7 changelog says "It does, of course, only work if NTFS is supported by the kernel." and i'd like to see that option on racer enabled :) i also send this to vamshi but dont know if he saw my msg..

Well, I will turn this option and usb host =)

Guest gagan313

cool!.....nice going..... are you going to make a different thread for the dual touch?

it just makes it a bit easier :)

Edited by gagan313

Guest deadlink

I suggest to you guys work with Racerboy. Gonna be a legendary ROM :)

I'm from 4pda team and we do not think that porting CM nightly prospective. Better to have a stable rom than releasing daily updates and not getting rid of the main problems.

Edited by deadlink

Guest equiliym

I'm from 4pda team and we do not think that porting CM nightly prospective. Better to have a stable rom than releasing daily updates and not getting rid of the main problems.

that may be true but not many respect that, just want latest update etc etc.. tho, just checked changelog, next nightly will have lots of updates, probably should compile..

oh btw racerboy, ill send you a file for you to include in you rom, libs related

Guest Racerboy

i agree, is better to have stable roms that work as intended and i try do this as much as possible within my capabilities, but people like to have the latest version of everything so personally i think releasing a rom every few days and letting people use them to give feedback good or bad also helps in bug finding and fixing of that particular build, most of the time their is improvement in new builds from cyanogen sometimes the builds are broken or develope new bugs and can be a pain in the arse to fix but we do it because we like to, we/community dont have to create kernals/port roms and then release them to for anyone to use..........BUT WE DO its called Developement........i respect your work totally kudos to you, nothing is 100% perfect !!!.............

Guest wooly_sammoth

I can see both sides of this argument. It's nice to have a stable ROM that can be tweaked and played with until it does everything very well.

It can also be nice to have a bleeding edge, possibly unstable ROM which you can push to see what it can do.

In my opinion it is fantastic that both of these options are available as then I get to pick and choose.

Guest cheliskis

wifi tether is working in #224.....as for the camera issue for south american racers, alot of people in the past have tried and failed in resolving this issue due to hardware differences, i dont think its a simple case of changing drivers from stock rom to custom.........

I'm interested too, but we can make an effort together to see if we can make an upgrade to the rom, :), the idea is collaborate to support more ZTE racer versions.

come on, there is something to win and nothing to loose, if we fail then nothing happens :), if we success then another racer version is supported.

Guest equiliym

Is there any way the stock "smart dialer" from ZTE can be ported to CM7?

This was already managed with the ZTE Blade.

http://android.modac...ra-gingerbread/

ill check that out too this weekend, hopefully wont work this time >.>

update custom rom android icecream sanduich ?? to date ?

ICS isnt out yet and if google make it opensource it probably will be possible :)

Guest Racerboy

Hi all, tell me how things are going with the consumption of energy has become more or less go in the latest build of the firmware?

Hi, for me the #224 is excellent on battery consumption and general all-round performance, i`ve had just over 4 days general usage since last charge.........as good as #210 and 4pda #179