[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Dj Fluminee

ya its hit and miss with that, some say it made a difference others it didnt

can you type using this rom? maybe it's not a general problem and only I experience this. right now i'm using a chinese rom and i have no problem, so the touchscreen isn't damaged. thanks for your concern

Guest Racerboy

can you type using this rom? maybe it's not a general problem and only I experience this. right now i'm using a chinese rom and i have no problem, so the touchscreen isn't damaged. thanks for your concern

to correct any mis-types i use "go keyboard" which has really good calibration correction for typing, general use of the phone i get no problems

Guest Dj Fluminee

the source code will be released after samsung nexus's launch, which is in 10 november..i hope we'll have a stable release for racer this year :D

Guest equiliym

the source code will be released after samsung nexus's launch, which is in 10 november..i hope we'll have a stable release for racer this year :D

well, people are already porting it from sdk so you never know, might even get a beta before 10th of nov.. tho i'd check AOSP to release it but thats just me..

Guest deadlink

I am sure that the calibration can not work with my kernel and vashistunne's kernel. We do not have tslib. And ... I can say that the problem is solved with the calibration and soon you will see this :P

Guest Glock24

Hello,

I'm using #224, I've had a couple of reboots, usually when using the browser (default and Dolphin Mini), a game or reading mail and an alarm is triggered, a message enters or something similar. When this happens, the application just hangs and the phone is unresponsive, then it reboots.

Today I was using Dolphin Mini and the phone just started to vibrate as when a SMS or email arrives, but no sound and it got stuck with the vibration. I pressed all the buttons, but no response, ultil I pressed the power button. After this the screen was turned off but the vibration continued. After a while the vibration stopped, I tought the phone rebooted, but it didn't, The screen would not turn on, and pressing the soft buttons resulted in vibration on press (haptic feedback?). I had to take out the battery.

After the phone booted, It reported like 10% less battery.

Any idea of what is causing this?

Guest equiliym

I am sure that the calibration can not work with my kernel and vashistunne's kernel. We do not have tslib. And ... I can say that the problem is solved with the calibration and soon you will see this :P

hope its gen1 compatible D:

Guest Racerboy

Hello,

I'm using #224, I've had a couple of reboots, usually when using the browser (default and Dolphin Mini), a game or reading mail and an alarm is triggered, a message enters or something similar. When this happens, the application just hangs and the phone is unresponsive, then it reboots.

Today I was using Dolphin Mini and the phone just started to vibrate as when a SMS or email arrives, but no sound and it got stuck with the vibration. I pressed all the buttons, but no response, ultil I pressed the power button. After this the screen was turned off but the vibration continued. After a while the vibration stopped, I tought the phone rebooted, but it didn't, The screen would not turn on, and pressing the soft buttons resulted in vibration on press (haptic feedback?). I had to take out the battery.

After the phone booted, It reported like 10% less battery.

Any idea of what is causing this?

its been a 10 days or so since i released #224 and your the first person to report any problem lol, 1st and most important question did you install over another ROM or did you do a full wipe then install #224 as per 1st post instructions?:)

Guest Glock24

its been a 10 days or so since i released #224 and your the first person to report any problem lol, 1st and most important question did you install over another ROM or did you do a full wipe then install #224 as per 1st post instructions?:)

Yes I did a full wipe, I installed #224 without swap. Maybe this is an out of memory issue?

My phone' s camera does not work, maybe it's similar to the Brazilian models, or maybe something else is different? How can we find out?

Guest Racerboy

Yes I did a full wipe, I installed #224 without swap. Maybe this is an out of memory issue?

My phone' s camera does not work, maybe it's similar to the Brazilian models, or maybe something else is different? How can we find out?

if you use alot of apps then maybe swap version may help as for camera do you have a 3.2mega pixel res with auto-focus, that is the standard camera hardware that works fine for almost everybody

Guest Glock24

if you use alot of apps then maybe swap version may help as for camera do you have a 3.2mega pixel res with auto-focus, that is the standard camera hardware that works fine for almost everybody

When I open the "Task Manager" it shows 27MB free. The programs I have running in the backgound are:

- K9 Mail 3.907

- Go Keyboard 0.5.3

- wp clock 1.5.2

- ToDo Task Manager Lite 2.05

I also replaced ADW Launcher with Launcher Pro (0.8.6), as it' s supposed to use less resources.

I have not installed Gapps.

As for the camera, it says 3.2mega pixels on the back, I have no other info about auto-focus. When I open the camera app, it just says:

"Camera error, cannot connect to camera"

Guest Racerboy

@Glock24

i have few apps installed, just the essentials like yourself, by the looks of it your phone is not running out of ram and should`nt really cut-off/reboot or freeze

have you had the camera issue with other customs roms before ?

which operator are you with and which version stock rom 2.1 (gen1) / 2.2 (gen2) did you have when you bought your phone?

do you use any backup programs like titanium backup etc to restore apps in new roms?

which version of recovery do you use to install custom roms ie CWM version no.**** / RA recovery version no.**** ?

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vamshistunner

got waaay bigger in the last 24 hours D: im interested in this >blade: build lights lib from source (android_device_zte_blade)

however with led issue fixed with kernel, this doesnt mean much lol but less warnings in ddms :P hurray vamshi :D

Actually I've tested the #216 ROM which has an added LED Notification Feature(not ported from blade). It works truly awesome the way you want, you can turn ON/OFF led notifications when the device goto sleep. So its upto users to change it ( default/disable -> More battery, enable -> Led notification when device sleeps). So if we include that in current rom, led issue will be fixed.

ROM #216 has been removed because of call issues, so don't search for it now. :P May be some people have downloaded it.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest Racerboy

Actually I've tested the #216 ROM which has an added LED Notification Feature(not ported from blade). It works truly awesome the way you want, you can turn ON/OFF led notifications when the device goto sleep. So its upto users to change it ( default/disable -> More battery, enable -> Led notification when device sleeps). So if we include that in current rom, led issue will be fixed.

ROM #216 has been removed because of call issues, so don't search for it now. :P May be some people have downloaded it.

ya i`ll try and include again in next release :) also at the request of plegdroid titanium backup (free) version........ allowed to include in custom roms

Guest plegdroid

ya i`ll try and include again in next release :) also at the request of plegdroid titanium backup (free) version........ allowed to include in custom roms

thank you, it seemed to be a logical choice for inclusion within a rom ,especially for us bloat heavy racer owners :lol: :)