[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

another inclusion in the next rom will be GOOGLE MARKET as standard, no need for a seperate installation of Gapps

it's these little additions that are starting to make a fresh full wipe flash on the nightlies a more realistic prospect . :D

Guest Glock24

@Glock24

i have few apps installed, just the essentials like yourself, by the looks of it your phone is not running out of ram and should`nt really cut-off/reboot or freeze

have you had the camera issue with other customs roms before ?

which operator are you with and which version stock rom 2.1 (gen1) / 2.2 (gen2) did you have when you bought your phone?

do you use any backup programs like titanium backup etc to restore apps in new roms?

which version of recovery do you use to install custom roms ie CWM version no.**** / RA recovery version no.**** ?

The only other ROM I've installed is your #217. The phone came stock with 2.1. I used CWM 4.0.1.5. When upgrading from #217 to #224 I used Titanium Backup to transfer call log, contacts, SMS, Bluetooth pairings and WiFi profiles, nothing more.

You can read a bit more here:

Post #588

How to find out what camera I have? Is there a command like lsusb or lspci for android?

Guest Glock24

another inclusion in the next rom will be GOOGLE MARKET as standard, no need for a seperate installation of Gapps

Is it possible to have a Gapps-free ROM? Or is it too much trouble?

hello, i'm using froyo (2.2) on my racer, after the format would i be able to install the 2.3.5 mod ?

its just, download, format, install, and 'tcharam' you have android 2.3 ? and does it have portuguese on language choice ?

and another thing, how much it will get from my phone internal memory ??

Edited by Barão

Guest plegdroid

hello, i'm using froyo (2.2) on my racer, after the format would i be able to install the 2.3.5 mod ?

its just, download, format, install, and 'tcharam' you have android 2.3 ? and does it have portuguese on language choice ?

and another thing, how much it will get from my phone internal memory ??

hiya did your phone come bought with 2.2 on it or 2.1? :)

Guest plegdroid

came with 2.1, i used the zte tool to update it.

if you've used the official zte update to 2.2 your phone is now gen2 ,and no, none of the Racerboy roms will work, as gen1 only :(

Edited by plegdroid

;/ do you know any good gen2 room ? and if not, will i find a downgrade tutorial for racer here in the forums ?(downgrade make your rom works, right?)

Edited by Barão

Guest plegdroid

;/ do you know any good gen2 room ? and if not, will i find a downgrade tutorial for racer here in the forums ?(downgrade make your rom works, right?)

I know it can be done ,the downgrade but believe it to be a bit of a ar53, I'll have a look :)

Guest Racerboy

thanks for the help, i'll gonna keep an eye here -D

their is a deadlink patch that enables you to use gen1 roms even if you are currently gen2

here is the download for patch http://narod.ru/disk/27092455001/CM_for_gen2_patch-by-deadlink.zip.html install rom the normal way and then without reboot or leaving CWM install the patch and it should let you use gen1 rom on a gen2 phone

their is a deadlink patch that enables you to use gen1 roms even if you are currently gen2

here is the download for patch http://narod.ru/disk...adlink.zip.html install rom the normal way and then without reboot or leaving CWM install the patch and it should let you use gen1 rom on a gen2 phone

thanks thanks, i'll give it a try....

with the 2.3.5 rom on the sd card i install and after i apply the patch... ok!

wath 2.2 room you installed?

the rom from the update on mobile shows 2.2.2 and kernel version appear as 2.6.32.9-perf-zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

what swap and no-swap are meaning, swap the rom w/o format ??

Edited by Barão

Guest Racerboy

thanks thanks, i'll give it a try....

apply the patch, and with the 2.3.5 rom on the sd card i install... ok!

the rom from the update on mobile shows 2.2.2 and kernel version appear as 2.6.32.9-perf-zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

copy the patch and rom you want to install to sdcard, then install rom through CWM WITHOUT rebooting install the patch then you reboot

Guest Racerboy

the latest nightly is taking forever to release..:-(

ya i`ve been itching to get my hands on it for a day or 2 and also the prospect of a new revised kernal from deadlink to make screen calibration true and accurate, also if i`m correct in saying sdcard mounting work properly and usb hosting unless i read that wrong

Guest Racerboy

what swap and no-swap are meaning, swap the rom w/o format ??

no swap version is standard rom - swap version is the same but has the ability to use space on your sdcard to be used as virtual memory (ram) if you run lots of apps then using swap may help to keep your phone running fine and less chance of slow-down....