[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest pantelista

Hi Racerboy. First of all i wanna thank you for your excellent work. Second i would like to know if i have a permission to link your work to a Greek forum and translate in Greek language a few "how to" topics.Always of course referring to Modaco ...

I myself started using version 210, and found it excellent but with some problems in touchscreen. Went to 224 that was better but i had some issues with wifi and battery. Fortunately, i found a 2000mAh. battery for our Racer, and no more power problems. I forget to recharge. So i am going to explore newer versions now. Keep on your great job!!!!

hey guys, just wanna say thanks to all of you who keep on writing for the zte racer device. this forum was a great help to me.

i didnt have any problems on the way from rooting, flashing, cwm install,rom flashing and updating,kernel flash.

special thanks to TigTex,Racerboy,sebastian404 and to all those users supporting them and this forum.special thanks to all the users from chinese and russian community as well, you where a great help to me.

iam now running

[Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113 based on cyanogenmod7 nightly 113

from tigtex's post

t0mm13b & Phoenix_Silver ClockWork Recovery Mod

and

deadlink's NEW DUAL TOUCH / ZOOM HACK KERNAL RELEASE 2.6.32.9

and i never had problems(iam not that of an excessive smartphone user, so i dont know much about deeper system funcions)

my main criteria for zte was mainly the price^^ but through your modifications i am now the owner of a reasonalble smartphone on android.

cheers david

ps:if anyone knows a better configuration for improving batterylife, please let me know^^

pps:sry i completly forget to say my thanks to xda forum^^

Edited by nandmp

Guest ClydeRadcliffe

Racerboy what whas the commands for killing swap.Wher and when can i type.Thanx in advance.

On the first post there is a file swap addon that I guess is used to enable swap on non-swap rom. It only copies 21swapon script to /system/etc/init.d. I guess all you need to do is delete that file and reboot, but I cant be sure since I dont have a way to test it now.

Guest Racerboy

Racerboy what whas the commands for killing swap.Wher and when can i type.Thanx in advance.

if you`ve got a partition created for swap and you`ve enbled swap with terminal emulator or with adb shell using these commands:

su

dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400

mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp 

swapon /sdcard/swap.swp
just type:
swapoff /sdcard/swap.swp 

in terminal emulator, disable it for you

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

On the first post there is a file swap addon that I guess is used to enable swap on non-swap rom. It only copies 21swapon script to /system/etc/init.d. I guess all you need to do is delete that file and reboot, but I cant be sure since I dont have a way to test it now.

yes you can do that, but need to de-activate it first with method above to be safe :) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Hi Racerboy. First of all i wanna thank you for your excellent work. Second i would like to know if i have a permission to link your work to a Greek forum and translate in Greek language a few "how to" topics.Always of course referring to Modaco ...

I myself started using version 210, and found it excellent but with some problems in touchscreen. Went to 224 that was better but i had some issues with wifi and battery. Fortunately, i found a 2000mAh. battery for our Racer, and no more power problems. I forget to recharge. So i am going to explore newer versions now. Keep on your great job!!!!

no problem :) you have my permission, thats what where here for to help and share info

Guest Racerboy

Indeed, Racerboy! Even without ICS (come on, Google, hurry up!), the next one is going to be exciting. Here's the (almost real-time updated) changelog: http://cm-nightlies....m/?device=blade

i looked last night before bed and their was 1 change, then i look again this morning...... WTF :lol:

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Sweet! Where did you find it? :)

that would be for nokia, not sure though, some other guys on here have said about them......would be nice, but dont want to mess my phone up :)

Guest mladenovic73

if you`ve got a partition created for swap and you`ve enbled swap with terminal emulator or with adb shell using these commands:

su

dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400

mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp 

swapon /sdcard/swap.swp
just type:
swapoff /sdcard/swap.swp 

in terminal emulator, disable it for you

Thanx for help.

Guest mladenovic73

cheers, once i`ve done build i`ll test it with script and if its better i`ll add it on the 1st post with links :)

If its good and working why dont you put in the rom,becouse its a little tricky for instal?This is just an ideasmile.gif

Guest Prince.abi

cheers, once i`ve done build i`ll test it with script and if its better i`ll add it on the 1st post with links :)

the script works Im using it for a long time and it makes difference O:-)