[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

how do i check for wakelock permissions? is it a global setting or local for applications..

afternoon, it local per app> settings, apps, manage apps, will have to chk each one, the permissions are right at the bottom of each app list, did you have a look at your music player as that is the likely culprit?

Guest Rahulj85

afternoon, it local per app> settings, apps, manage apps, will have to chk each one, the permissions are right at the bottom of each app list, did you have a look at your music player as that is the likely culprit?

yes checked for music player..right at the bottom under system tools it says prevent phone from sleeping and a green tick mark is displayed in front of it..

Guest plegdroid

yes checked for music player..right at the bottom under system tools it says prevent phone from sleeping and a green tick mark is displayed in front of it..

ok go> setttings,cynogenmod settings, application settings, tick allow permission s management, back to applications, if you hold down the wake lock permission it will strike it through(a very thin line through it) , you've now denied it that permission. exit and see if it has stopped it waking the phone via rocker/ softkeys.

Guest Rahulj85

ok go> setttings,cynogenmod settings, application settings, tick allow permission s management, back to applications, if you hold down the wake lock permission it will strike it through(a very thin line through it) , you've now denied it that permission. exit and see if it has stopped it waking the phone via rocker/ softkeys.

i followed what you mentioned and was able to strike out the permissions for facebook application only..for music player it didnt work..although i did find out that music player continues to be running even if you completely shut it down just like you said..after doing the change for facebook application, the application dosent open now..had to re-install it. i have installed mortplayer music player..it has quite a lot of interesting settings for customization..still trying it out..

Guest plegdroid

morning Rahul, with the Facebook app, you could have just gave it back the permission by long pressing it again, question did it stop the wake via softkeys and rocker? :)

Guest Rahulj85

morning Rahul, with the Facebook app, you could have just gave it back the permission by long pressing it again, question did it stop the wake via softkeys and rocker? :)

the problem was that wake permission did not enable after pressing down the option..so i had no choice but to re-install the application..as for the wake via softkeys is concerned, i re-flashed the rom as my phone wentintot bootloop for some reason and after there-flashing the phone didnt wake via softkeys..i havent been able to reproduce the problem so cant say what caused it the first time i flashed # 257...anyhow..thanks a lot for your valuable inputs..:-)

Edited by Rahulj85

Guest plegdroid

the problem was that wake permission did not enable after pressing down the option..so i had no choice but to re-install the application..as for the wake via softkeys is concerned, i re-flashed the rom as my phone wentintot bootloop for some reason and after there-flashing the phone didnt wake via softkeys..i havent been able to reproduce the problem so cant say what caused it the first time i flashed # 257...anyhow..thanks a lot for your valuable inputs..:-)

no worries :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest deadlink

Hi all! 4pda team released new rom (builded from sources) with many fixes:

1) Corrected end of calls (phoneWake not need - fixes in Phone.apk)

2) Buttons backlight

3) Haptic feedback on soft keys (not be switched off)

4) Usb charge and pinch zoom control

5) Improved accelerometer

6) Wifi tethering work

Sorry that I write in this topic, but it may useful to you.

(gen1 and gen2 universal package)

download here

Edited by deadlink

Guest wicky feat

@ deadlink, can you please send msm_ts.c file to me post it here. My friend is compiling so he asked me, even it may be useful for others. please post it :)

He is working in samsung and has good idea, so i asked him to do one and said about touchscreen problem.

Edited by wicky feat

Guest deadlink

@ deadlink, can you please send msm_ts.c file to me post it here. My friend is compiling so he asked me, even it may be useful for others. please post it :)

He is working in samsung and has good idea, so i asked him to do one and said about touchscreen problem.

I use port from

https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade/blob/2.6.35/drivers/input/touchscreen/msm_ts.c

And... I think that the best solution with tuchscreen will be tslib. I'm close to the solution.

Guest plegdroid

@Deadlink, thank you for the new rom :D, will there be any chance of you compiling a ics compatible kernel for the racer? as always appreciative of your work :)

Guest Rahulj85

Hi all! 4pda team released new rom (builded from sources) with many fixes:

1) Corrected end of calls (phoneWake not need - fixes in Phone.apk)

2) Buttons backlight

3) Haptic feedback on soft keys (not be switched off)

4) Usb charge and pinch zoom control

5) Improved accelerometer

6) Wifi tethering work

Sorry that I write in this topic, but it may useful to you.

(gen1 and gen2 universal package)

download here

deadlink, this is a great rom..the ui feels crisper,nice and smooth..can you please share the 4pda thread which i can follow and share my opinions instead of sharing it here and hijacking racerboy's thread?..:-)

Guest deadlink

Thanks. Is that same file enough for racer without modifying anything? If there is something to modify, can you please send the changed file.

This my changes msm_ts.c http://pastebin.com/f2sLQDV4

I don't use a virtalkeys because need some mod in libui.so, i'll tried to do it and virtualkeys worked, but now i test tslib and kernel with virtualkeys and msm_ts with tslib support not ready yet.

racerboy, sorry for using your thread!

Discussion of the new rom by 4pda here:

Edited by deadlink

Guest Racerboy

This my changes msm_ts.c http://pastebin.com/f2sLQDV4

I don't use a virtalkeys because need some mod in libui.so, i'll tried to do it and virtualkeys worked, but now i test tslib and kernel with virtualkeys and msm_ts with tslib support not ready yet.

racerboy, sorry for using your thread!

Discussion of the new rom by 4pda here:

http://android.modac...-sources-ready/

ok, so if i recompile your kerel from source this will remedy the cursor issue on ICS ? its been driving me nuts as driver re-writing/changing is not something i do

Guest Rahulj85

hey guys..how come there are no more nightlies coming out? although in the previous few releases, there were no major changes, but still it was always nice to try out something new..:-)..does anyone know if CM team is going to realses CM9 any sooner?

Guest Racerboy

hey guys..how come there are no more nightlies coming out? although in the previous few releases, there were no major changes, but still it was always nice to try out something new..:-)..does anyone know if CM team is going to realses CM9 any sooner?

with the ICS source code being release the CM Team are hard at it making it work for most devices that they supported with cm7, thats why no more builds since (i think its been dropped for cm9), some of the changelog to include are ICS releated which will be after christmas (early january maybe) also i dont think it includes support for the blade anymore for cm9, so we`ll have to port them as and when the blade devs create new updates (AOSP ICS) unless someone is going to create a AOSP ICS build from scratch for racer...........

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

that's a shame if they have dropped the blade from cm9, I thought t0mm13b was a cm dev? or is he a different Tom than the tom g from cm& xda :)

edit just reread the post and cm7 not supported for blade not cm9

x)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

that's a shame if they have dropped the blade from cm9, I thought t0mm13b was a cm dev? or is he a different Tom than the tom g from cm& xda :)

edit just reread the post and cm7 not supported for blade not cm9

x)

different tom, and ya i just re-read my post and ammended the cm9 bit, should have been AOSP ICS

Guest plegdroid

different tom, and ya i just re-read my post and ammended the cm9 bit, should have been AOSP ICS

:lol: now confused again x), so it would seem they are not going to build an official build of cm9 for the blade? sorry late night with teething baby :)

edit: maybe skate will get official support, and currently they are ironically using a ported blade rom.

Edited by plegdroid