[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Nice job. The little racer is suprisingly capable..

However, I'm seeing Compass Issues - 90deg off (East is showing North), from what I can google, it seems common for the Racer to have compass grief.

Do you have a repo or build process that I can use? I'd like to have a crack at resolving that one - it's probably not a high priority thing, but seems it might be constrained enough that I can use it as a good deep dive point. My main device is an HTC desire (running self built CM kang), but the little racer will get used as a navigation device, or be used in places that might result in its death.

Cheers

Darren

Guest flyingwolf

Hi all rather than hijacking the 4pda thread that i created, i thought i`d create a new thread for my ROMS that i`ve been putting together, they are all based on the Blade Cyanogen Nightly Builds and i will try and keep updating with new ROMS as and when nessessary so dont expect a ROM-A-DAY :lol: all ROMS from #241 upwards now include Google Market as standard (v3.3.11) so NO NEED to install a seperate Gapps package anymore.......

Big thx to Wooly_Sammoth for hosting on his server :)

NEW Release:

STABLE/RELIABLE 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #224v2 download HERE ......... FULL wipe is recommended!!!! Market is already included....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older Releases:

STABLE/RELIABLE 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #257v2 download HERE NEW LINK..... FULL wipe is recommended!!!!

STABLE/RELIABLE 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #257 download HERE FULL wipe is recommended!!!!

Stable ROM: 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #251 download HERE FULL wipe is recommended!!!!

Stable/Reliable ROM: 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #248 download without swap HERE and with swap HERE FULL wipe is recommended!!!!

ROMS with no Google Market included below:

Stable/Reliable ROM: cm7_2.3.7_Racer_full-224 download without swap HERE and with swap HERE FULL WIPE IS NEEDED

Stable/Reliable ROM: cm7_2.3.5_RACER_full-210 download without swap HERE and with swap HERE FULL IS WIPE NEEDED

NEW KERNEL RELEASE: Vamshistunners new kernal 2.6.32.9 #68 very smooth and excellent calibration/sensitivity CHANGELOG and DOWNLOAD HERE

NEW DUAL TOUCH / ZOOM HACK KERNAL RELEASE: deadlink has released a new version of 2.6.32.9 with better calibration for gen1 and gen2 phones download HERE: it auto detects which gen you are currently and installs the appropriate version, install through CWM

Gen2 to Gen1 patch by deadlink download HERE Enables you to install any gen1 cm7 rom even if you have a gen2 phone: Copy gen1 rom and patch to sdcard, then install rom (instructions below) and without leaving or rebooting CWM install the patch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW: Once you`ve installed a ROM why not SuperCharge your phone with the "V6 SuperCharger" script that enhances memory usuage and performance....... credits, guide and download HERE thx to mladenovic73 for showing me the original thread

ClockWork Recovery Mod (CWM) is recommended as the recovery option for which you can install these ROMS in this thread.....

NEW MOD TOUCH SCREEN version of CWM (gen1) for our Racer available: Guide and download HERE thx to t0mm13b & Phoenix_Silver

NOTE: Install these roms at your OWN RISK

THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS APPLY TO ALL ROMS LISTED ABOVE!!!!!!!!

FULL WIPE IS NEEDED SO THAT THEIR IS NO CONFLICT FROM OTHER BUILDS/ROMS!!!

Usual installation method:

1.Copy the rom to the root of your sdcard

2.Backup your old ROM, so if anything is broken you can just rollback!!!

How to backup:

Press powerbutton and VolumeDown (leave volume down pressed). After afew seconds, recovery will open

With volume keys, go to "backup and restore". Select that option

Now select "Backup" and wait

3.Once backup complete press power button to go back to main menu

4.Select "wipe data/factory reset"

5.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

6.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

7.Return to 1st menu and goto Advanced and delete Dalvik cache

8.Return to 1st menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" - "choose zip" cm7_2.3.5/7_RACER_full_***

9.After installing, do "reboot system now"

Gapps Packages Below: install through CWM

HERE gapps-gb-full-20110828-signed.zip this includes market version 3.1.3 NEW LINK

HERE moddedgapps-gb-20110729-signed.zip

HERE gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip

If when you have installed Gapps and you find you dont have MARKET icon on apps menu then add an account in Settings/Accounts & Sync and then market icon should appear on apps menu.....

If your experiencing ghost letters/typo`s install Go Keyboard (free app) from android market to correct and will decrease typo`s on keyboard.....

Wifi Tethering? Use "Barnacle Wifi Tether" free app from the market

P.S. If you like the ROMS here please rate this thread by pressing the + button on the righthand bottom corner of this post .....thank you :)

Good morning! I installed this rom, STABLE/RELIABLE 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #224v2 download HERE ......... FULL wipe is recommended!!!! Market is already included.... and would like to activate the "swap" but can not find this option, the rom has no swap?

What rom with support for Portuguese and swap, the recommended me?

Thanks and I appreciate all the help possible to be seen newbie <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Edited by flyingwolf

Guest Racerboy

Nice job. The little racer is suprisingly capable..

However, I'm seeing Compass Issues - 90deg off (East is showing North), from what I can google, it seems common for the Racer to have compass grief.

Do you have a repo or build process that I can use? I'd like to have a crack at resolving that one - it's probably not a high priority thing, but seems it might be constrained enough that I can use it as a good deep dive point. My main device is an HTC desire (running self built CM kang), but the little racer will get used as a navigation device, or be used in places that might result in its death.

Cheers

Darren

hi Darren, welcome to the forum........The compass issue has been a problem for a while now, for the majority people it does like you say (90 degrees out) very few find it works which i`m baffled by, anyway i dont have a repo, i port them from Blade builds although soon i hope to be building from source (cm7.2.0).......deadlink who is memeber of 4pda team has github where you`ll find sources for the Racer HERE and merge with cm7 sources.........that is all their is regards to source code for Racer....hope you find it helpful

Guest mitsakhs

hi guys i need some help today i flashed #224v2

with swap i check in temulator ''free'' and it shows 0 0 0 i already have format 256 partition sd card what i have to do now plz help

Guest plegdroid

hi guys i need some help today i flashed #224v2

with swap i check in temulator ''free'' and it shows 0 0 0 i already have format 256 partition sd card what i have to do now plz help

is the question that swap isn't showing in the partition? :)

Guest flyingwolf

Good morning! I installed this rom, STABLE/RELIABLE 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #224v2 download HERE ......... FULL wipe is recommended!!!! Market is already included.... and would like to activate the "swap" but can not find this option, the rom has no swap?

What rom with support for Portuguese and swap, the recommended me?

Thanks and I appreciate all the help possible to be seen newbie <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Can you give me one please help me this question? Will be launched some rom of this series with swap?

Guest plegdroid

Can you give me one please help me this question? Will be launched some rom of this series with swap?

easiest way to activate swap is to just download swapper for root from market( free) and let this do the rest :)

Hey Racerboy, I'm new here and have no idea about rooting but I found your "Noob questions on installing rom" and if you have some free time I would really appreciate it to make step by step how to install [ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7

Edited by RacerV

Guest Ang3l09121

Hey Racerboy, I'm new here and have no idea about rooting but I found your "Noob questions on installing rom" and if you have some free time I would really appreciate it to make step by step how to install [ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7

Hello if you like to inbox me i can help you out

Guest habbo45

Hi there!

i downloaded this kernel:

NEW DUAL TOUCH / ZOOM HACK KERNAL RELEASE: deadlink has released a new version of 2.6.32.9 with better calibration for gen1 and gen2 phones download HERE: it auto detects which gen you are currently and installs the appropriate version, install through CWM

is a good kernel. but i guess the dual touch dont work! if works, anyone can say how? or were in the rom it works?

i using the nem rom modded LeWa. by RacerBoy.

thanks! wink.gif

Guest Ang3l09121

Hi there!

is a good kernel. but i guess the dual touch dont work! if works, anyone can say how? or were in the rom it works?

thanks! wink.gif

Hello i dont believe it works with the lewa rom and dual touch would be like multi touch been able to touch the screen in 2 places to say zoom into a webpage etc

Guest Racerboy

Hi there!

thanks! wink.gif

hi, yes the zoom hack works but only in gallery or webpages maybe some games, i find the best way to use it is to press 1 finger in the corner and then slide another finger up or down on the other side of screen, only thing is their is no Haptic Feedback enabled in that kernel..........

Guest Ang3l09121

hi, yes the zoom hack works but only in gallery or webpages maybe some games, i find the best way to use it is to press 1 finger in the corner and then slide another finger up or down on the other side of screen, only thing is their is no Haptic Feedback enabled in that kernel..........

do the multi touch does work for the rom yes or sort ov?

Guest Racerboy

do the multi touch does work for the rom yes or sort ov?

its a zoom hack that requires dual touch, yes it does work, for some it may not work well with different variants of Racer

Guest Ang3l09121

its a zoom hack that requires dual touch, yes it does work, for some it may not work well with different variants of Racer

Well i use the gen 1 which i assume is the target racer

Guest competitions

My thanks to Racerboy and others involved in the production of this ROM.

Bought a Telstra Smart Phone yesterday and soon thereafter my first ever ROM install. Much appreciated!

Guest Gerard Armando

Hi Racerboy, thanks for the ROM...

I've been having some troubles that i'd like to report...

I can't use the latest foursquare app downloaded from the market. It crashes when opening. I had to download the previous release from other site; now the foursquare app is working well, except when i try to see the map. If i tap the map button on the explore tab or the map option in the friends menu, it crashes.

Twicca also crashes when taping on the gps button while typing a tweet, so i can't use gps on twicca.

Everything else works fine, using gps on other apps works fine (using it on foursquare too, except when trying to see the map, as explained above).

Guest Glock24

Hello,

I've installed #257v2 and everything was great except for the lockscreen issue. To fix that I updated to vamshi's kernel 2.6.32.9 #68, after this the lockscreen issue is gonem but now the camera does not work.

The camera on my phone did not work with previous ROMs from RacerBoy (using vamshi's kernel), but it did work with deadlink 's kernel.

Guest Racerboy

Hello,

I've installed #257v2 and everything was great except for the lockscreen issue. To fix that I updated to vamshi's kernel 2.6.32.9 #68, after this the lockscreen issue is gonem but now the camera does not work.

The camera on my phone did not work with previous ROMs from RacerBoy (using vamshi's kernel), but it did work with deadlink 's kernel.

i`ll upload an updated lib. file for you to install through CWM, that will solve the issue for you

Guest Racerboy

copy the attached file to sdcard and install through CWM, then delete cache (mounts and storage) reboot, done........

should work fine you now, only reason it didnt was i used vamshi`s old kernel in the roms and only supported older lib for kernel, now kernel has been updated the updated lib file is used in ALL new roms........

lib_update.zip

NOBODY ELSE NEEDS TO APPLY THIS UPDATE FIX ONLY FOR Glock24

Edited by Racerboy

Hi guys

Installed this ROM the other day and performance and the screen looks pretty good i got some problems:

*I cant receive calls altrough i can call or send/receive SMS, caller hears busy signal

*The Home button no longer brings me to the home screen, in fact it does nothing other than vibrate

*The phone no longer uses my pattern to unlock, though it is still enabled in the settings. I can press any key (including end) when the screen turns off and it just brings the screen right back up (whichever screen/application I was on last).

*Holding down the Power button no longer gives me the options of Airplain mode . Only reboot screenshot or shutdown are available.

Lockscreen and airplain mode is not a big problem but not receiving calls its too much afterall this is a PHONE

Problem start when i installed rom i think or maybe i configured somthing wrong.

I have been surfing the web for a solution at this point i tried this

http://androidforums.com/mytouch-3g-support-troubleshooting/12021-home-search-buttons-not-working-not-sleeping-locking-properly.html

Originally Posted by DaftRascal viewpost.gif EASY WORKAROUND:

->Settings->Applications->Manage applications->Google Apps->Clear data->OK

back to Settings (<-<-<-)

->Data synchronization

it will then prompt you to re-enter gmail address and password.

Works for me (TMobile MyTouch 3G 3.5mm 1.6)

and this

The new versions of Market do not have a Clear Data button. Here is what I did instead.

Go to Settings, Accounts, Add Account. Add another google account. Don't sync anything. Remove that google account. My lock screen, power options, and Home button started working again. Quick and easy and the best thing is you don't lose your main account. Enjoy!

Needless to say it didnt Work

Please help me

PS: dont know if it matters but im using TMN Softstone (Portuguese version of ZTE Racer)

Edited by maus