[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest gagan313

hey guys, going onto the dual touch i think its dam perfect.... i have found a newer, easier way to pinch and zoon very easily and less mistakes......

what you do is put one finger on just a little left of center of screen and the other finger is going to scroll up and down to zoom in and out,,....

Guest Racerboy

hey guys, going onto the dual touch i think its dam perfect.... i have found a newer, easier way to pinch and zoon very easily and less mistakes......

what you do is put one finger on just a little left of center of screen and the other finger is going to scroll up and down to zoom in and out,,....

yes works alot better doing it that way instead of moving both fingers :)

Guest shharisree

yeah exactly..i need the indian stock version..

i have uploaded my stock 2.1 rom backup(clockworkmod)...ive started a new thread..ive posted the link there..

hope this helps..

Guest green_biri

I just installed #241 and everything seems to work perfectly except for the calendar. I only see a black (theme dependent?) screen when selecting day/today, week and month views (though synchronization works, the agenda view shows all events correctly). I already cleared all caches (including Dalvik). I'm most likely doing something stupid, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have this exact problem, calendar is not working!

Thanks for the ROM, anyway! ;)

Guest Racerboy

I have this exact problem, calendar is not working!

Thanks for the ROM, anyway! ;)

download this, copy to sdcard and install through CWM, reboot goto settings / application / manage applications, select "all" tab, scroll down to "calander and clear data and clear cache, do the same for the calendar provider aswell ............should fix it

calender_fix.zip

Guest Racerboy

I just installed #241 and everything seems to work perfectly except for the calendar. I only see a black (theme dependent?) screen when selecting day/today, week and month views (though synchronization works, the agenda view shows all events correctly). I already cleared all caches (including Dalvik). I'm most likely doing something stupid, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. :)

fix for you above post ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guest Prince.abi

guys 1 more help plox O:-)

I'm not able to update titanium backup( already in rom), I wanna update it to a version- which Is in my sd card...:-D

when I install it it just shows the normal "will replace the original version " but nothing...

am I supposed to flash it?

Guest Prince.abi

hiya, you will need to extract the zip file contents and take the sh file out of the folder it's in and place the sh file in "system/ bin. then reboot, go to settings/ sound and tick haptic feedback :)

OMG tht was stupid of me lol..

thanks alot mate

Guest Glock24

The problem with the camera is not in the kernel because in our rom (CM 7.0.1 stable by 4pda) camera shoots at 2048x1536

I'm not complaining abut the kernel, I was just mentioning that it now the camera works with your noew kernel. So thanks for that.

My phone seems to have a different camera IC that most other phones, probably similar to the Brazilian ones.

The camera did not work with vamshi's kernel but with your new one it does, although at lower resolution (1600x1200). Maybe a driver problem? A missing blob?

In the stock kernel the camera resolution is 2048x1536.

Edited by Glock24

Guest Archer_cn

To ROM #241, Test subject: ZTE Racer (3 UK version)

just flash this newest ROM, but with problems below:

1. Screen sensitivity is way to low, have to press very hard to make the screen touchable;

2. calibration still buggy, for many times i press the Application grid , SMS will pop up instead of app list;

3. seems system running a little slower than previous version(2.3.4 esp)

Except these 3 (kind of historical) problems, the ROM is very awesome! and it will be a perfect ROM for racer if these problem were solved( problem #1 esp)

Anyway , Good Job Racerboy! laugh.gif

Edited by Archer_cn

Guest plegdroid

I'm not able to update titanium backup( already in rom), I wanna update it to a version- which Is in my sd card...:-D

when I install it it just shows the normal "will replace the original version " but nothing...

use market tools in titanium and it will link system app to market so you can update system apps :)

due to the nature of titanium you may have to update via market.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest equiliym

im not sure how that works what plegdroid said, you can try that.. if you dont manage, try using root explorer, go to /system/app and long press titanium backup, set permissions to read-write, thats what i do with my apps, then i have access and my device update my software automatic.. then again, im well known for complicating simple stuff xD

Guest deadlink

I'm not complaining abut the kernel, I was just mentioning that it now the camera works with your noew kernel. So thanks for that.

My phone seems to have a different camera IC that most other phones, probably similar to the Brazilian ones.

The camera did not work with vamshi's kernel but with your new one it does, although at lower resolution (1600x1200). Maybe a driver problem? A missing blob?

In the stock kernel the camera resolution is 2048x1536.

Guest SoftStoner
I just installed #241 and everything seems to work perfectly except for the calendar. I only see a black (theme dependent?) screen when selecting day/today, week and month views (though synchronization works, the agenda view shows all events correctly).

Following up on this issue, I still haven't been able to solve it. I'm attaching a screenshot of my calendar's appearance (as a side note, the screenshot feature seems too fast, as it still captures the menu while it's fading out, though I believe this should be solved upstream and not directly on Racerboy's builds).

(Edit: typo correction)

post-939729-0-98797400-1320229049_thumb.

Edited by SoftStoner

Guest plegdroid

im not sure how that works what plegdroid said, you can try that.. if you dont manage, try using root explorer, go to /system/app and long press titanium backup, set permissions to read-write, thats what i do with my apps, then i have access and my device update my software automatic.. then again, im well known for complicating simple stuff xD

morning ,titanium only saves the pro key, not the app to itself. market tool links all apps to market including system apps that market would not normally pick up on, then download the newer version to system .:)

Guest Prince.abi

morning ,titanium only saves the pro key, not the app to itself. market tool links all apps to market including system apps that market would not normally pick up on, then download the newer version to system .:)

hey, actually market tool is pro only

well actually I kinda have a cracked version which I wanna use :-D

Guest Prince.abi

hey, I changed the permission to read write( on all the 3 columns leaving special permission unchecked)

but still the same did I do it right should I check the special permission too?

Edited by Prince.abi

Guest equiliym

well idk, i dont know since i dont use it :D

hey, I changed the permission to read write( on all the 3 columns leaving special permission unchecked)

but still the same did I do it right should I check the special permission too?

dunno, i just leave all read/write, when it updates, it adds it to /data/app as a newer version :o

Guest Racerboy

ok to update the actual free version on the rom "check for updates" within the app which you`ll need to sign in with google account as Plegdroid said but if you wish to remove that version and replace with your version you`ll have to use an app like root unistaller or absolute system root tools to remove the app and then install your version of titanium .apk

Guest plegdroid

:lol: dodgy copy, you'll need someway to remove the system copy( have a look on market for an app that can uninstall a system app) either place the dodgy copy in system apps and install via package installer and reboot, or get an app called system app backupper, when that installed, place the dodgy copy in the backupper file it created and install via system app backupper :)

Guest Racerboy

Following up on this issue, I still haven't been able to solve it. I'm attaching a screenshot of my calendar's appearance (as a side note, the screenshot feature seems too fast, as it still captures the menu while it's fading out, though I believe this should be solved upstream and not directily on Racerboy's builds).

hi, i`ll check that out for you and if it does happen on mine then hopefully have a fix later today for you, btw did the calender fix work for you ?