Ginger Stir Fry

Guest Per Åkesson

Every developer brings a changelog along with a new version.

What is actually lame, imho, is to judge "lame" anyone expecting a changelog coming with the new version (or in the first post, which happens in 99% of cases) like every other developer of every other piece of software does. Period.

Edited by fox2000

Every developer brings a changelog along with a new version.

What is actually lame, imho, is to judge "lame" anyone expecting a changelog coming with the new version (or in the first post, which happens in 99% of cases) like every other developer of every other piece of software does. Period.

What is lame is that I can't do anything at all with that thread now. As I've just said, I was about to post the changes, I just don't need 7 people asking exactly the same question within a couple of minutes of me posting the download link. I had other stuff to update too.

Make a rom, post it here, deal with all the hassle, blame, people constantly wanting you to fix their phone, all the trolls - just like you, who only post to insult you & try to get a reaction, then you can start calling people lame.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Coffer52

What is lame is that I can't do anything at all with that thread now. As I've just said, I was about to post the changes, I just don't need 7 people asking exactly the same question within a couple of minutes of me posting the download link. I had other stuff to update too.

Make a rom, post it here, deal with all the hassle, blame, people constantly wanting you to fix their phone, all the trolls - just like you, who only post to insult you & try to get a reaction, then you can start calling people lame.

<br>Shame about the thread getting locked for the reason you suggest.

I don't really want to get into this blame business, Wbaw you do a great job mate and your never going to please all the people all the time, just ignore it, like your doing on the XDA forum. Let someone else answer we'll tell them to go to another ROM if they are not happy. What would have stopped some of this cr*p would have been to wait until you were happy before providing the links to the updated ROM, and post the changelog along with everything else. Logically it would save you a lot of hassle, people will just have to wait another day or two for the uploads!

Edited by Coffer52

Guest rockstarszzzz

Anyone on GSF 27 have their 'back button' turned on to green light constantly? I do!

I don't have any notifications, it's a clean install and I've rebooted my phone as well.

Guest doogsville

I don't get it personally. Do some people have some kind of compulsion that means they have to install a ROM as soon as it becomes available? It seems to me that if you don's see the changelog and that makes you unhappy, don't install the ROM. Wbaw does all this work for free. I'll say that again. He does it for free. I know he takes donations. but he doesn't charge, so it's free, as in, you don't have to pay money for it. He puts a ton of hours into making what is a very impressive piece of software, something way beyond my abilities, and I suspect the abilities of those people who are complaining about his 'attitude'. You can bet your arse the people who work for companies like ZTE writing the stock ROMs don't do it for free, and their work is shite a lot of the time.

Perhaps the problem is that those people who complain don't take the time to look at how many other people have already made the same complaint. I suspect that some of them are the same people who are quick to flame anyone who posts a 'how do I do this' thread on a subject that has already been covered, and whine about the poster not having searched for the topic already. Wbaw mentioned seven people complaining, not asking, complaining about the lack of a change log. Is that really okay? If you can clearly see that someone else has made the point, why make it again. I'm not surprised he was pissed off. I was pissed of reading all the whining and complaining and it's not my hard work that people are completely ignoring in their rush to complain that their entirely free ROM didn't have a changelog with it's latest update.

Then again I'm getting on a bit. I've been using the Internet since 1992, back in the days before the web, and I remember in the early days when people were polite and respectful and thankful for the work of others. Now there seems to be a lot of whiny idiots with an entirely misplaced sense of entitlement who just post whatever passes for their thoughts without actually stopping to think about anything but themselves.

Hey ho. Time to put my slippers on and make a cup of tea.

If this work is such "hard" to you, well, simply don't do it, but please don't come here calling "lame" or "troll" everyone asking what is normal, such as a changelog published along with the new version, as it has ever been happening for every other piece of software in the world.

If this work is such "hard" to you, well, simply don't do it, but please don't come here calling "lame" or "troll" everyone asking what is normal, such as a changelog published along with the new version, as it has ever been happening for every other piece of software in the world.

I didn't call anybody lame. It was the guy above that called me lame.

I'm not doing it any more, I've learned my lesson. It's much easier to not bother with this forum at all. You trolls are welcome to it.

Edited by wbaw

@ doogsville did you honestly actually read the thread you are refering to ? I went back to check it after reading your comments and do you know how many people complained 1 yes thats correct ONE single person. All the others did is say great work , thank you Wbaw is there a changelog ? They asked calmly and politely is there a changelog or what are the changes please no one demanded a changelog in the first few mins of the rom being posted. From what i could tell most if not all the others said thank you and simply asked if there was or will their be a changelog and or what are the changes please.

I can understand that Wbaw took offence at 1 (ONE) users comment but as for the others me included i just dont see the problem I notice over at another forum when someone asked if their is a changelog Wbaw politely replied and said what the changes were.

Please remember that just cos people happened to ask what are the changes or is their a changelog in the first mins of posting did not show disrespect and I dont think any of us that asked expected it right away. The way i read it Wbaw got angry at ONE persons comment which i can understand. all the others said thank you , well done great work etc and asked politely for a changelog.

please re read the now closed thread you were refering to doogsville

@ doogsville did you honestly actually read the thread you are refering to ? I went back to check it after reading your comments and do you know how many people complained 1 yes thats correct ONE single person. All the others did is say great work , thank you Wbaw is there a changelog ? They asked calmly and politely is there a changelog or what are the changes please no one demanded a changelog in the first few mins of the rom being posted. From what i could tell most if not all the others said thank you and simply asked if there was or will their be a changelog and or what are the changes please.

I can understand that Wbaw took offence at 1 (ONE) users comment but as for the others me included i just dont see the problem I notice over at another forum when someone asked if their is a changelog Wbaw politely replied and said what the changes were.

Please remember that just cos people happened to ask what are the changes or is their a changelog in the first mins of posting did not show disrespect and I dont think any of us that asked expected it right away. The way i read it Wbaw got angry at ONE persons comment which i can understand. all the others said thank you , well done great work etc and asked politely for a changelog.

please re read the now closed thread you were refering to doogsville

I think you should go back & read what you wrote. You were one of the seven complainers. How can it be polite to ask the same question 7 times in about 5 minutes? That's nothing but nagging.

At xda one person asked once, politely.

Edited by wbaw

I think you should go back & read what you wrote. You were one of the seven complainers. How can it be polite to ask the same question 7 times in about 5 minutes? That's nothing but nagging.

At xda one person asked once, politely.

wbaw, What new in b27? Bluetooth work correct?

I wondered the same .... what fixes , improvements in this new version ? thanks of course for the rom

That is what i wrote in black the text in red was what another user wrote and mine was in response to that how on earth that could upset you mate i dont know i really dont

wbaw, What new in b27? Bluetooth work correct?

I wondered the same .... what fixes , improvements in this new version ? thanks of course for the rom

That is what i wrote in black the text in red was what another user wrote and mine was in response to that how on earth that could upset you mate i dont know i really dont

A simple and polite question also i thanked you for the rom where is the nagging ? i demanded nothing simply implied i wondered the same as the other member and also what was new and improved.

A simple and polite question also i thanked you for the rom where is the nagging ? i demanded nothing simply implied i wondered the same as the other member and also what was new and improved.

Then you posted the same question again, immediately after. This is after other users have asked & I haven't had chance to respond yet. That's nagging & you're doing it again now.

You obviously read xda, but you didn't nag me there did you? That's because xda would've banned you for it. It's fine to troll people that give you stuff for free here though.

Edited by wbaw

Then you posted the same question again, immediately after. This is after other users have asked & I haven't had chance to respond yet. That's nagging & you're doing it again now.

You obviously read xda, but you didn't nag me there did you? That's because xda would've banned you for it. It's fine to troll people that give you stuff for free here though.

I am sad you think like that mate but you are entitled to your thoughts all i can say is in no way whatsoever were my posts asking if bluetooth worked and if there is a changelog were meant to be taken in a bad way. Possibly its too late now as it seems you have made your mind up about this forum but a suggestion would be possibly to have for example on thread for your rom and its updates changelogs which only you can post to and another for discussion therby leaving your rom thread clean ...probably it wouldnt work i dont know.

As a final note on this Wbaw i asm sorry if what i wrote upset you it was not my meaning at all i did not think i "nagged" or "demanded" I hope you accept my appology

Guest Sblade12

Hi,

Im looking to upgrade my san francisco from stock to GSF beta 27. I am on Gen1 and GSF does say its now Gen 1 compatible.However the thing what confuses me is there is only one download link for the rom, is that for both Gen 1 and Gen 2

Guest reluctant_traveller

Hi,

Im looking to upgrade my san francisco from stock to GSF beta 27. I am on Gen1 and GSF does say its now Gen 1 compatible.However the thing what confuses me is there is only one download link for the rom, is that for both Gen 1 and Gen 2

Yes.

Use the TPT download and your phone will be upgraded to gen2 at the same time.

It's gen 2 only (all the recent roms are). Just update to Gen 2. :)

You're wrong.

Just install the rom with clockworkmod, it'll detect whether it's gen1 or gen2 & automatically install the right files.

Probably better to wait until the next version though, there's a bug for some people with the green led light sticking on. Some apps need updating too.

Edited by wbaw

To WBAW

Thanks for the ROM, I will be following the thread at XDA, although it was nice to have all the threads I followed located in one forum, I can live with that.

You could always post the changelog first, and then say you are uploading shortly, but even then, some people would critique the changelog and ask if this is fixed and that has been applied etc before the ROM has hit the mirrors.

Half my posts here have probably been irate replies due to the poster not having read the last page or two; they would have seen the answer or question at least already posted.

A forum I used to post in had mostly American timezone members, they used to get pissed because I couldn't reply within 3minutes of their post, even though I was sleeping at the time. Meh, roll with the punches I guess.

*insert question answered a bazillion times before because I am too lazy to use the scroll wheel on the mouse* typical ones are:

My alarm did not go off this morning...

How do I get the CRT effect back (usually followed 16hrs later by 'my alarm did not go off this morning')

Why does my 900GHz overclock work on rom blah but not on this ROM

Is there a circle battery mod?

Can you port the status bar power widget from CM7

blah blah Radio blah

blah blah dolby blah

I restored my apps from TITanium and now things are screwy

Should I wipe?

You're wrong.

Just install the rom with clockworkmod, it'll detect whether it's gen1 or gen2 & automatically install the right files.

Probably better to wait until the next version though, there's a bug for some people with the green led light sticking on. Some apps need updating too.

I suggested TPT because they said 'from stock' so assumed they would not have installed CWM?

*insert question answered a bazillion times before because I am too lazy to use the scroll wheel on the mouse* typical ones are:

My alarm did not go off this morning...

How do I get the CRT effect back (usually followed 16hrs later by 'my alarm did not go off this morning')

Why does my 900GHz overclock work on rom blah but not on this ROM

Is there a circle battery mod?

Can you port the status bar power widget from CM7

blah blah Radio blah

blah blah dolby blah

I restored my apps from TITanium and now things are screwy

Should I wipe?

That covers about 5000 of the 5200 replies to my thread. I don't know why the mods refuse to do anything about it & just close threads instead.