Orange Monte Carlo down to £119: For how long, though?

Guest glossywhite

Went into my local orange shop yesterday to buy the monte carlo for my daughters birthday ,i already have

a San Francisco unlocked and orange bloat taken out.

So went in with my partner who is a nurse to get the £20 off the phone , advisor explained it would be

149 + 10 top up - £20 = £139.

but he spent ages processing it and put my card in to pay for it @ £109.99 ,paid it and we both quickly

got out of the shop.

on checking the receipt

top up £10

payg new connection £119.99

NHS discount - £20

balance £109.99

result

Guest TouchyAndalou

I went into the Orange shop in Chesterfield this morning , asked the guy the price of the Monte Carlo and after looking in his little book he confirmed it was £119.

I'm sort of tempted, although I know it'll just sit there until there's an unlock available, so I'm thinking of waiting until closer to Xmas.

What we need to know now is whether this is a permanent price drop, or just a temporary deal. Any thoughts?

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest glossywhite

Told you, didn't I! ;)

Also, if you're an existing Orange customer, you don't have to buy the (normally) compulsory £10 credit with the Monte Carlo, which would otherwise push the price up to £129.

Have faith in the informed ones ;)

Guest glossywhite

I went into the Orange shop in Chesterfield this morning , asked the guy the price of the Monte Carlo and after looking in his little book he confirmed it was £119.

I'm sort of tempted, although I know it'll just sit there until there's an unlock available, so I'm thinking of waiting until closer to Xmas.

What we need to know now is whether this is a permanent price drop, or just a temporary deal. Any thoughts?

This is a promotion for this weekend ONLY!

the silly buggers (orange)...

if they'd release the unlock code they would have outsold their stocks @ £149 + £10 top up for each OMC...

...now they have to sell at £119 to reduce stock :lol:

Edited by dadashi

i think they got the specs all wrong with this phone, think they would of sold like hot cakes if it were ARMv7 msm8255, like the guy from zte said in the YouTube video from couminicAsia.. woz posted a while back......

ARMv6 is dated now....

Edited by tillaz

Guest TouchyAndalou
Also, if you're an existing Orange customer, you don't have to buy the (normally) compulsory £10 credit with the Monte Carlo, which would otherwise push the price up to £129.

Do you have to have topped up your orange sim within the last however many months, or anything like that?

Because I used to be an Orange customer, but moved to giffgaff about 6 months ago.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest glossywhite

Do you have to have topped up your orange sim within the last however many months, or anything like that?

Because I used to be an Orange customer, but moved to giffgaff about 6 months ago.

Not as far as I am aware; this was not stipulated. Ah, giffgaff! All my family are with them, as am I! They're great!

Guest gitf@ce

Well if they're only £119 I'm going to get one for the wife this morning. She will need GiffGaff (eventually) so she can use my code when I get it.

Guest red321z

Any idea why this is a "Secret"

Went into 2 orange shops in Cambridge, and neither had anything displayed about a special deal, similarly no price change on the web.

I understand a retention deal, but why sell a phone cheaply, if the only way you get the price is by attempting to buy it at 149 ???????

Guest gitf@ce

Any idea why this is a "Secret"

Went into 2 orange shops in Cambridge, and neither had anything displayed about a special deal, similarly no price change on the web.

I understand a retention deal, but why sell a phone cheaply, if the only way you get the price is by attempting to buy it at 149 ???????

I went into Orange Bury St Edmunds and they had the OMC on display clearly priced up at £119.95. So I got one!

Guest glossywhite

Just got mine today. Glad I reserved it, as they'd sold out. Love it.

Sit up and pay close attention: This offer only lasts until closing time tomorrow, Sunday 02/10/2011.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest iam_smithers

I went into Orange Bury St Edmunds and they had the OMC on display clearly priced up at £119.95. So I got one!

Both Orange stores in Preston had it priced up at £119.99 (what I paid for it), but you'd only know it to be any cheaper because of the sticker over the main price label. It's weird how there was nothing about it either on web (did the web price ever change at all?) or in store.

Guest glossywhite

Hello

New week is here, can someone call the shops and ask if phones are still £119 ?

Or is it back to £149?

Thank you.

Kind regards.

I've already stated clearly, that this was a weekend only offer. Feel free to check for yourself; noone believed my opening post, and then everyone came running back, posting that I was, in fact, correct.

"A promotion for this weekend only" kinda sums it up, no?

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

It's pretty official as far as I'm concerned, not just a weekend promotion

http://shop.orange.c...nge-monte-carlo

Cheers

Gosh! nice find! :)

However, why was a brand new thread created for this, when you could have added it to my existing thread? Thread merge has been requested. Thank you for sharing this information! :D

Edited by glossywhite

Guest knuckless69

just in case you want to edit this post, it will be safe here :D

I've already stated clearly, that this was a weekend only offer. Feel free to check for yourself; noone believed my opening post, and then everyone came running back, posting that I was, in fact, correct.

"A promotion for this weekend only" kinda sums it up, no?