Final version of ClockworkMod GUI

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

It is well known that the hardware buttons of the blade are cheap.

When you push them you have the impression they'll break between your fingers.

And this without the fact they do a horrible squeech squeech.

During the normal operation of the phone you don't really need to use the hardware keys.

But when you are in ClockWorkmod you have no choice.

This is why Phoenix_Silver and me we had the idea to create a ClockWorkmod which use the touchscreen.

Handsets supported (each handset needs its own version don't flash the blade one in your handset) :

Zte Blade : Works.

Galaxy Europa : Works.

LG Optimus : Works.

Zte Racer : Works.

Zte Skate : Works.

Other Handsets : Don't works.

You can continue to use the hardware keys as usual or use the icons to navigate in the menus.

There's an additional set of icons used, notably, battery indicator, touch screen sensitivity which has three icons:

1. Left-most icon is paradoxically, increase sensitivity and menu highlight bar will fly - bordering on 'russian roulette' in trying to get the right menu option!
  2. Rightmost icon is paradoxically decrease sensitivity and will slow down the menu highlight bar...
  3. Middle icon resets the sensitivity to the default that most have found comfortable to use.

Also:

• Battery Monitor - Instead of boring singular colour - there's psychedelic colours used - a rainbow if you like, to indicate the battery charge in use. It gets updated periodically as time goes by with battery power going down/up... When the battery is fully charged and at 100%, the singular colour green is emphasized, then after the 1% drop it goes "waahhayyy" and rainbow colours appear....

Philmein did the intensive testing of this application. A big thanks to him :)

The application is based on CWM 4.0.1.5

Clockworkmod GUI

Edit : download the file photom_cwm_fastboot_skate.zip.

Edit : i have created the script to install the img with clockworkmod. Download the file photom_cwm_update_skate.zip.

You will find the script in:

At the same url :

Clockworkmod GUI

WARNING these img are for Zte Skate; don't flash them if your handset is not a Zte Skate

You can flash the imgs with fastboot :

Fastboot flash recovery recovery_photom_XX.img

Fastboot reboot

Or install the update zips with the actual Cwm

Edit, Oct, 05th, 2011. Amended the zips to include the latest fresh kernel that works from coldboot. :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Hello.

I successfully created backup of my stock ROM using the ClockWorkMOD GUI.

After that I tried to replace stock recovery with this CWM (using photom_cwm_update_skate.zip).

Update script flashed successfully.

Rebooting to recovery by holding Vol down and power works fine. CWM boots but keys and also

tapping is not responding. Cannot navigate through menu. I have a feeling that this might be because

my skate is not rooted yet, but I may be wrong...

I have OSK_P743TV1.0.0B04

2.6.35.7-perf

Android 2.3.4

Any hints?

Thanx in advance.

New info.

Just tried adb reboot recovery and in this case everything works perfectly.

Strange, isn't it? Looks like launching the recovery using power and vol down somewhat locks the navigation...

Guest t0mm13b

New info.

Just tried adb reboot recovery and in this case everything works perfectly.

Strange, isn't it? Looks like launching the recovery using power and vol down somewhat locks the navigation...

Uhmm... not 100% sure...

Power + Vol down normally triggers recovery (which is identical to what adb reboot recovery does)

On the Blade for example, when its booting, the android logo appears, I hold down the Volume Down, then when the logo flickers briefly, goes slightly darker, I let go of the Vol Down, as thats my cue that its going into recovery...

Strange - as I cannot replicate as I do not have a skate and Philmein has declared that everything works smoothly... :)

Thanx for quick reply.

Tried again. This time I released the vol button as soon as logo got darker. CWM appeared but again... No navigation. None of the HW buttons work so everytime I must take out the battery to boot again.

Guest t0mm13b

Thanx for quick reply.

Tried again. This time I released the vol button as soon as logo got darker. CWM appeared but again... No navigation. None of the HW buttons work so everytime I must take out the battery to boot again.

Hmmm.... that is a strange one...

No idea.... might be best to ask Philmein if his handset is rooted... :unsure:

He'll see this thread no worry.... am clueless :D

Guest philmein

kept my version on since release touch screen fully working and all hardware buttons worked done a nandroid and wipe and all seems ok installed via cwm update

hang fire mine has locked now

i have been using a reboot command to get into clockwork so not noticed this

Edited by philmein

Hmm. Did not do wipe before flashing recovery but I do not think it is necessary in this case.

Interesting is that everything works perfectly if booting the flashed recovery using adb...

Guest philmein

just tried a reboot into recovery with an app i have and all controls work

it seems the locking up only occurs when you use the power vol- method

reboot recovery using cwm itself also works

can confirm locks up from a cold boot

Edited by philmein

Guest philmein

Hmm. Did not do wipe before flashing recovery but I do not think it is necessary in this case.

Interesting is that everything works perfectly if booting the flashed recovery using adb...

use a reboot util and it will work perfect strange?

Reboot apps require rooted phone as far as I know. Mine is not rooted yet because Superboot img is not working on my brand (Orange Slovakia) - Wifi stops functioning totally when booting superboot image (dealing with this in other thread). Will stick to adb for now. Thanks for the tips.

Guest t0mm13b

Strange....are your handsets rooted at all?

that issue with the boot sounds like if there's a stock unrooted boot image which knows nothing about clockwork recovery's boot sequence which explains what you're having the problem with.

By the sound of it, it looks like you need to overwrite the boot partition with a rooted boot image....

Guest philmein

Strange....are your handsets rooted at all?

that issue with the boot sounds like if there's a stock unrooted boot image which knows nothing about clockwork recovery's boot sequence which explains what you're having the problem with.

By the sound of it, it looks like you need to overwrite the boot partition with a rooted boot image....

im rooted and it lock up when i cold boot into cwm

could it be anything to do with pauls rooting method we all use??

Edited by philmein

Guest t0mm13b

im rooted and it lock up when i cold boot into cwm

Ho okie....

That's an oddity...what ROM are you using?

If you are using the unofficial CM7 nightly, you can reboot into recovery from the ROM?

If not, grab an app called Quickboot from the market, and use that to reboot into recovery from the ROM itself, does it work there and then?

If the answer to either is yes, then that's a kernel issue that is extremely familiar with, (this happened on the Zte Racer also) :)

Guest t0mm13b

I have posted to another thread regarding CM7 nightlies here for the attention of Tilal6991 to confirm what I think is the issue here with our CWM Mod.

Cheers,

B)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest philmein

just tried pauls cwm and that works from a cold boot i dont normally boot into clockwork with vol- i always use a reboot utility i should have checked tho

a lesson learned thorolleyes.gif

Guest t0mm13b

Amended the first post to include an edit to say that the new kernel and recovery now works from cold boot. :)

No change to the zip files/download procedure etc. :)

Cheers, B)

I successfully created backup of my stock ROM using the ClockWorkMOD GUI.

(...)

my skate is not rooted yet, but I may be wrong...

I have OSK_P743TV1.0.0B04

2.6.35.7-perf

Android 2.3.4

I tried using Superboot before on a OMC but got the same issue as C3C0: wifi stopped working (but in my case there was no boot image backup to restore).

Back on a stock OMC (OPT_P743TV1.0.0B02, 2.6.35.7-perf, Android 2.3.4), typing "su" on a terminal returns

"

su: access granted, courtesy of www.magicandroidapps.com

su: permission denied

"

I'm curious if I'd be able to backup my boot image, etc, using ClockworkMod GUI but not having root?

How did you go about this C3C0?

Thank you (newb here).

You can do backup from recovery in any case - no matter if your phone is rooted or not. It makes no difference, because while

in recovery, no system is loaded. Root is just system related (implies if you have full control over running system applications and filesystem).

What you need to do is to boot ClockworkMod GUI instead of flashing it.

Just use:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot recovery.bin

Then you can backup you original recovery partition.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I later found out that booting the superboot and reverting back to original boot just left the phone rooted. So this means it is possible to root phone by flashing superboot and then reflashing original boot.

Edited by C3C0