[2.3.5]The official Gingerbread finally came...

Guest gavin(*)

Guest atoyota

I have a problem. when I try to upgrade my phone, the tool says I haven't got enough space on the phone, less than 20 mb, and that's not true! I'm on metalounay 1.3 froyo 1.100.35 :) thank!

Probably you have to install the 1.100.49, and then you can install gingerbread.

In the pdf there's this indication:

"Supported Version(s): Acer_LiquidMetal_1.100.49_EMEA_GEN1"

Does sms notification led work for you guys?

Edited by atoyota

Guest atoyota

Once you flash a new BIN, you wipe out everything.

Apps must be re-installed, restored or downloaded/installed from market.

I use link2sd too, no apps loss. Obviuosly you have to re-obtain root permission and select which partition you want to use (like the first time you used Link2sd).

Guest carrarina

I have a problem. when I try to upgrade my phone, the tool says I haven't got enough space on the phone, less than 20 mb, and that's not true! I'm on metalounay 1.3 froyo 1.100.35 :) thank!

Solved! i flashed the froyo rom 1.001.06 with adt and than I upgraded with the setupwizard :)

Guest kaiserpc

okay flashed using the stock acer upgrade tool - worked fine. However, I can't see where you disable the acer ui! Any ideas? Please tell me I can go back to standard android?

Guest spicysomtam

upgrading from 2.3.4 with ADT will keep all the apps?

should i move all the apps to phone since i am using Link2sd before upgrading?

My experience is that if you sync everything up to your gmail account, when you reinstall, it will then remember all your apps/bookmarks/contacts/wallpapers/etc. Then all your apps and settings will be restored on resync after reflash.

As everyone always says: take a backup before upgrading.

As with the 3.027, you can't turn off the Acer UI. You could wait until someone cooks a new rom based on the official release? I am sure someone will do this.

I notice they post the kernel sources on the Acer site, which is pretty good of them.

Edited by spicysomtam

Guest kaiserpc

*HELP* Okay I can't get my apps back - I was previously on the latest stock froyo 2.2 from ACER. I had installed link2sd and moved all my apps (including link2sd) to a 2nd fat32 partition on my SD card. After flashing to the official 2.3.5 acer rom I don't have access to any of my apps anymore as they are all on my hidden partition. I can't even see android marketplace! I've tried going to the market place via the browser to download link2sd - but it says it will download to my device shortly, and then says it has been installed - when it hasn't even been downloaded!! :-(

Any idea how I can get linksd (and marketplace) back onto my internal storage so I can get it to see my hidden partition

thanks in advance

Guest skyonesky

just upgraded from 2.3.4 to this version

i moved all the apps linked by Link2SD to the sd fat32 partition or to the phone before upgrading

once upgraded was completed i got all the apps but i had to get root access again with the same procedure of the 2.3.4 version:

1. Download SuperUser

su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip

md5: 6d490575092a1c5d91af56b94c2328f4

- Eclair/Froyo

2. Copy SuperUser to SD

3. Install Vache's Recovery v 2.2

http://android.modac...r-liquidmt-v22/

4. Enter Recovery

shut down the phone

press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS (camera button half pressed) + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed until u enter in recovery

5. Flash superuser zip file

(be sure first to disable "toggle signature verify" under "other" menu)

6. reboot

(7. install superuser from the market)

Edited by skyonesky

Guest Bibbly

just upgraded from 2.3.4 to this version

i moved all the apps linked by Link2SD to the sd fat32 partition or to the phone before upgrading

once upgraded was completed i got all the apps but i had to get root access again with the same procedure of the 2.3.4 version

1. Download SuperUser

su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip

md5: 6d490575092a1c5d91af56b94c2328f4

- Eclair/Froyo

2. Copy SuperUser to SD

3. Install Vache's Recovery v 2.2

http://android.modac...r-liquidmt-v22/

4. Enter Recovery

shut down the phone

press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS (camera button half pressed) + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed until u enter in recovery

5. Flash superuser zip file

(be sure first to disable "toggle signature verify" under "other" menu)

6. reboot

(7. install superuser from the market)

Thanks for the post Skyonesky. You put me on the right path :) I was struggling to remember how to root the new rom and I didn't want to post a request for fear that some smart-arse would flame me for not just reading "all the previous posts about how to root!" ;)

Guest spicysomtam

I just upgraded from the leaked 3.027 following Acers proper procedure. What a smooth upgrade. All apps and settings retained. Only thing I needed to do was reinstall RAmon recovery and re-root by installing the su .apk from the recovery. Awesome. Great job Acer!

Hardest bit was holding vol up/vol down/camera focus and then power to get into recovery!

Guest Mitch69

Hardest bit was holding vol up/vol down/camera focus and then power to get into recovery!

c:> adb reboot recovery

No needs to be an expert in piano

Guest stonebear

I just upgraded from the leaked 3.027 following Acers proper procedure. What a smooth upgrade. All apps and settings retained. Only thing I needed to do was reinstall RAmon recovery and re-root by installing the su .apk from the recovery. Awesome. Great job Acer!

What is Acer's proper procedure? I have installed an OS using ADT but that wipes everything and I can't seem to find an update option on my phone, I am using t&l 2.34.

edit

it finally downloaded so I know what you mean now. :)

Edited by stonebear

Guest spicysomtam

What is Acer's proper procedure? I have installed an OS using ADT but that wipes everything and I can't seem to find an update option on my phone, I am using t&l 2.34.

edit

it finally downloaded so I know what you mean now. :)

There is a pdf inside the zip file. Open it and take a look. It says unpack zip, run setup. When setup finishes it prompts to connect your phone. It then tells you what is installed and what it has to upgrade. Then it asks if you want to upgrade. This is all under windows. I mainly run Ubuntu so I rebooted into Win7 on another partition (although could have spun up Virtualbox and installed thru XP). The upgrade takes a while; be patient and let it run through. After upgrade everything is the same as you had before, but phone is unrooted and the recovery has been replaced. You need to install superuser 3.0.2 for rooting via the recovery; 3.0.1 doesn't work and anything earlier gives you a nag to upgrade, which fails. There is another thread about rooting and I put a link on that where to download 3.0.2. Reinstall of recovery is as per the pinned topic (uses adb to check your phone is connected and fastboot to flash recovery).

Obviously take a nandriod backup before upgrading...