New kernel for Gingerbread

Guest davidevinavil

Guest llllaaaapppp

Guessing it's possible but I have a feeling most phones would be very unstable at that speed?

Not to mention, the battery drain at that speed would be quite high.

but Desire Z can overclocking to 1.8ghz. So,why can't?

Edited by llllaaaapppp

Guest ttt68t

use boot 4

Working fine in the battery indication as before but the Wifi is still not working for the 400001 rom. I tried to 1.5G for video playing 1hour, no wifi. The battery went down from 95% to 65%

Guest p3anut86

With the newest kernel, I get it charged to 95% at most. When I restart, it'll show 97%. If I start charging again, it goes down by a percent every five minutes or so.

Guest AndySweeney

can someone point me in the right direction to install this kernel ... im on the official 2.3.5 that acer released so the same one vache posted ive got recovery installed and im rooted

Guest davidevinavil

can someone point me in the right direction to install this kernel ... im on the official 2.3.5 that acer released so the same one vache posted ive got recovery installed and im rooted

Flash by recovery as install zip..

Like flash a custom rom but without wipe ;)

Guest stoorzsto

use boot 4

I flashed boot 4 and the batter drain is very good!:)

Unplug for 11hours and battery level drop form 92 to 55 with little surfing and gaming.(@1GHZ)

There's no bug in boot4!

For now I want an uncap kernel!:lol:

Edited by stoorzsto

Guest AndySweeney

thanks mate thats test boot 5 installed and overclocked to 1ghz the now running pretty smoothly battery drain seems decent so far ! thanks very much mate now just for an fps uncap to unlock the metals full capability !

Guest davidevinavil

thanks mate thats test boot 5 installed and overclocked to 1ghz the now running pretty smoothly battery drain seems decent so far ! thanks very much mate now just for an fps uncap to unlock the metals full capability !

Have you gen 2?

Have you gen 2?

I confirm test boot 5 works fine on gen2 device with 4.000.01 aap rom. Wifi is working now and battery drain seems normal, I'll do more tests later. Thank you for your nice work!

Guest davidevinavil

What about 1-percent steps during charge/discharge?

I'll say tomorrow when I'll wake up.. Hope to see 100% :)

But for sure is right now. The other boot has wrong voltage table

Guest ArkSharp

Thank you for this. I can overclock now.

First, I used the first test boot. This let's me overclock up to 1.4 GHz without any problem.

Now, I try boot 4. The system is not stable on 1.5 GHz, it usually get freeze in some situation. Then I turn back to 1.4 GHz.

I used quite heavy GPRS, GPS, and turn on music together. After 4 hours, battery remains 40% of capacity.

I had use froyo with 1.6 GHz but I don't have problem.

I've just noticed WIFI cannot be used. Hope this is informative to help you improve this kernel.

Looking forward to your next kernel.

Cheer and thank you again!

Guest vikings123

I'll say tomorrow when I'll wake up.. Hope to see 100% :)

But for sure is right now. The other boot has wrong voltage table

So, I should flash test_5 to get correct voltage table?

I am kind of wondering about battery drain during idle for OC kernel.

If everything is properly set, battery drain should be the same for both stock and OC kernels.

But from my experiences, from the first version to test_4, the battery drain during idle is way much higher than stock kernel.

Maybe I am wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the great works.

Guest vikings123

Flashed Boot 5 and there seems to be a lot less battery drain.

Nice work.

I have problem with test_5

device froze several times since I flashed test_5.

Guest ahnic138

Hi,

I am using acer_liquidMT_4.000.01_AAP_GEN2. After flashing test_boot_5.zip in recovery mode by selecting "flash zip from sdcard", it hangs after reboot. Any idea? Many thanks for your help. :unsure: