Where to go from here?

Guest Kinglion3494

Guest Kinglion3494

Ooops my mistake people. The thread u guys linked here for the Rom was from a dual core phone. Porting back on. Sorry about that. Revolution is back on. Miui afterwards

Edited by Kinglion3494

Guest aval1392

Ooops my mistake people. The thread u guys linked here for the Rom was from a dual core phone. Porting back on. Sorry about that. Revolution is back on. Miui afterwards

Hows the port coming along?!

so now is porting revolution?

Yes

I admit, I didn't read the whole thread, but just FYI: Porting a Sense ROM (no matter what version) to the X10, or afaik to any non-HTC device, is almost impossible. Not sure about other non-HTC devices though, but there were plenty of efforts from different members to port a Sense ROM to the X10 and none of them even came to a flashable ROM with GSM or Data working.

Jerpelea (now changed his name to FXP) came the closest, more than a year ago, and gave up. And if you don't mind me saying this - Jerpelea is a somewhat skilled developer. He, along with others, fully ported CyanogenMOD to the X10 with almost every driver rewritten from sources (so next to no SE-stuff left in the ROM!) Read here more about what I'm talking and what they achieved.

But back to topic, FXP wasn't able to port Sense, just like everyone else wasn't. In a post I cannot find right now, he stated that X10 is using non-standard libs and therefore progress is even harder.

A second attempt also came to no result, look here. I'm not sure why developing stopped here, but well, another unfinished attempt. You can also have a look at the last alpha-ROM, maybe it helps you.

Don't misunderstand me, I'd be very happy if you would succeed in porting! And I also would gladly test everything for you, pre-alpha till final, if you need help (that's the only help I can offer since I have no clue about developing or porting ;) ). I just want to say that it's gonna be something between very hard to almost impossible :(

Anyway, if you want me to, I can also provide you with the Sense_00001.zip from Jerpelea. Just bear in mind that this pre-pre-pre-alpha is almost a year old and is done with a rather old version of sense.

Again, no offense meant, I'm just trying to help.

Regards

qwer23

edit: one thing I forgot: maybe things have changed a little since unlocked bootloader, but I doubt that custom kernels ever were the real problem with Sense, otherwise first bootloader bypass already would've achieved some more progress...

Guest jianlin

I admit, I didn't read the whole thread, but just FYI: Porting a Sense ROM (no matter what version) to the X10, or afaik to any non-HTC device, is almost impossible. Not sure about other non-HTC devices though, but there were plenty of efforts from different members to port a Sense ROM to the X10 and none of them even came to a flashable ROM with GSM or Data working.

Jerpelea (now changed his name to FXP) came the closest, more than a year ago, and gave up. And if you don't mind me saying this - Jerpelea is a somewhat skilled developer. He, along with others, fully ported CyanogenMOD to the X10 with almost every driver rewritten from sources (so next to no SE-stuff left in the ROM!) Read here more about what I'm talking and what they achieved.

But back to topic, FXP wasn't able to port Sense, just like everyone else wasn't. In a post I cannot find right now, he stated that X10 is using non-standard libs and therefore progress is even harder.

A second attempt also came to no result, look here. I'm not sure why developing stopped here, but well, another unfinished attempt. You can also have a look at the last alpha-ROM, maybe it helps you.

Don't misunderstand me, I'd be very happy if you would succeed in porting! And I also would gladly test everything for you, pre-alpha till final, if you need help (that's the only help I can offer since I have no clue about developing or porting ;) ). I just want to say that it's gonna be something between very hard to almost impossible :(

Anyway, if you want me to, I can also provide you with the Sense_00001.zip from Jerpelea. Just bear in mind that this pre-pre-pre-alpha is almost a year old and is done with a rather old version of sense.

Regards

qwer23

edit: one thing I forgot: maybe things have changed a little since unlocked bootloader, but I doubt that custom kernels ever were the real problem with Sense, otherwise first bootloader bypass already would've achieved some more progress...

http://forum.oxygen.im/viewtopic.php?id=1111

If this is an answer to my post, what isyour point exactly? Oxygen is AOSP, without Sense included. This is of course possible and has been done many times.

About Oxygen

(I'm tempted to put a sarcastic answer here lol?) Oxygen ROM is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.

As Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.

Link

If this answer was not related to me though, never mind.

Edited by qwer23

Guest Kinglion3494

Don't misunderstand me, I'd be very happy if you would succeed in porting! And I also would gladly test everything for you, pre-alpha till final, if you need help (that's the only help I can offer since I have no clue about developing or porting ). I just want to say that it's gonna be something between very hard to almost impossible

Regards

qwer23

Hi thanks for your input my friend. I think I'm going to have to cancel this Rom or remove everything sense related. I'm an amateur and not ready to be Able to do things for like this. I honestly cant even get this to boot up. But I won't give up.

Edited by Kinglion3494

any changes kinglion, maybe if you cant sucsess to port revolution, just port interface(launcher,widgets...) to 2.3.X one rom.

Edited by mt2jjj

any changes kinglion, maybe if you cant sucsess to port revolution, just port interface(launcher,widgets...) to 2.3.X one rom.

That's exactly what isn't possible ;) Sense launcher and icons only work on HTC devices. To be possible to port it, you'd need the sources which aren't released by HTC.

That's exactly what isn't possible ;) Sense launcher and icons only work on HTC devices. To be possible to port it, you'd need the sources which aren't released by HTC.

yes, that was been noob question.

Guest Kinglion3494
hej pal, how is the progress?

Im not porting it. The fact that this is based on a stock htc Rom makes it impossible. Well for me at least. So final update is no im not porting it.

Guest Kinglion3494
What about a Touchwiz rom?

I think there is already a touch wiz Ron. I cant remember though. Im trying to decide what to do next. I'll think of something