[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest H3ROS

Could you add in the following 2 extra mods from Swedish snow?

-Volume key music controls. When screen is off and music is playing long press on volume up/down keys changes next/prev music track

-Long press on back key kills foreground app. I've increased the long press delay to three times normal so this can't be used by accident. Use with caution, only for misbehaving apps!

Both are good features IMO, especially the first one.

Remember me asking for the above? Well here it is.

http://www.mediafire...np5914d69m2i9fn

I done it by decompiling the jar files from Atomic R10 and the latest version of Swedish Snow and then I copied over everything to do with PhoneWindowManager from Snow's and recompiled it :) Both features seem to work, but this is a quick and dirty mod so I don't know if there is anything in PhoneWindowManager that could cause problems. Reading smali isn't easy.

I recommend people backup in ClockworkMod before trying it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I done it by decompiling the jar files from Atomic R10 and the latest version of Swedish Snow and then I copied over everything to do with PhoneWindowManager from Snow's and recompiled it :) Both features seem to work, but this is a quick and dirty mod so I don't know if there is anything in PhoneWindowManager that could cause problems. Reading smali isn't easy.

nice, i was going to include those in the next release with the fixes, and a couple other things

yeah, i hate smali... adding the swipe off notifications to farmework.jar and systemUI was a pain

Edited by tillaz

Guest H3ROS

Theres some other things in Swedish Snow that seem useful, like these:

-volume key cursor controls. Volume up/down keys can be used as d-pad left/right when in text fields. (thanks to azuwis)

-checkbox preference for volume key cursor controls

The d-pad left/right would make it quicker to edit typos, since pressing on the screen isn't always accurate. Having the option to enable and disable this is also great.

-VOLUME UP key works as shutter button in camera app. Pressing the key focuses and releasing the key takes the photo. VOLUME UP key also starts/stops recording in camcorder.

It'd be nice to have an actual button instead of having to tap the screen.

-checkbox preference for long press back key kills foreground app. Delay still three times normal.

Useful for people who don't like the option, but to be honest you don't notice it's there unless you hold the key down for 2 or 3 seconds anyway.

I was going to attempt adding them, but I've played it safe by only changing the window manager code. However, if I knew where these edits are being made then I might be able to safely replace a lot of the code. In fact I know that the whole policy file can replace Atomic's but it messes up the phone options menu when you hold the power button. Maybe that's all that needs to be fixed though.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest JThumar

How to check if this is working or not ? Do i adjust settings or directly test

Guest Wacky.ddw

Important!

Camera doesn't work with R10 anymore! I'm not the only one... or ? Help! :/

I tested taking photo's and recording video it works perfectly on my phone, but if i record a video when i press stop google music starts playing. Thats the only bug but the camera itself works perfectly :)

(if you change your ringtone google music also starts playing)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest H3ROS

@ JThumar

You flash the zip like you do the ROM and then to test the features just play some music, turn the screen off and hold down the volume up button. And to force close an app just hold down the back button :)

Camera for me is working and so is maps.

Guest JThumar

Thnks......checkd it works fine !!

@ JThumar

You flash the zip like you do the ROM and then to test the features just play some music, turn the screen off and hold down the volume up button. And to force close an app just hold down the back button :)

Camera for me is working and so is maps.

Guest tillaz

new update possibly by end of the day... this is what i was planning on releasing as R10 final but never got to test it...

will be looking for people to test this before i release to everyone

fixed cpu settings

latest google play music

latest GoogleServicesFramework.apk

long hold back button kills app

long hold volume controls skip trak when screen is off

new camera, auto focus in video, use volume button to take pic/video

fixed status bar when in airplane mode

fixed bluetooth braking when removing music.apk

Edited by tillaz

Guest H3ROS

@ tillaz

I done a bit of extra modding and now have the alarm time displayed on the lock screen. I've also got the framework modified so that the volume keys can control text fields, plus I have the camera done but I don't really like it. If you think about it when you're recording video you kind of need volume control and the location of the button is in the wrong place because cameras normally have the button on the top right, but if you do that on the Skate then your fingers can sometimes accidentally cover the lens. So IMO the camera mod should be an optional addon.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TrollFaceEngaged

new update possibly by end of the day... this is what i was planning on releasing as R10 final but never got to test it...

will be looking for people to test this before i release to everyone

fixed cpu settings

latest google play music

latest GoogleServicesFramework.apk

long hold back button kills app

long hold volume controls skip trak when screen is off

new camera, auto focus in video, use volume button to take pic/video

fixed status bar when in airplane mode

fixed bluetooth braking when removing music.apk

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpgThanks Tillaz!

Edited by TrollFaceEngaged

Guest Wacky.ddw

Tillaz could you please wait a little longer?

The poximity sensor issue is caused because i have a newer revision sensor "TSL2771" we are trying to figure out what the problem is. it would be nice if the final release would work on newer skates to :)

I you could read it from HERE on you maybe know a solution to put in the ROM.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest tillaz

@ tillaz

I done a bit of extra modding and now have the alarm time displayed on the lock screen. I've also got the framework modified so that the volume keys can control text fields, plus I have the

could save me some time if you could share the code change for those two, biggrin.gif

never mind the camera thing its an optional setting in the new camera, plus loads more, best thing begin auto focus in video mode

Guest H3ROS

Sure heres the link: http://www.mediafire...ju1m89z0opi2ebo

As before it's a bit of a rough job with it being smali files, but I've not noticed any odd side effects. I'm pretty sure that if you were to decompile the sweedish snow menu then you'd be able to add the checkbox options too.

EDIT:

In the current camera application it says "5M Pixels" and the rest all have a space e.g. "4 M Pixels". You could change them all to look like "5 MP", "4 MP".

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Sure heres the link: http://www.mediafire...ju1m89z0opi2ebo

As before it's a bit of a rough job with it being smali files, but I've not noticed any odd side effects. I'm pretty sure that if you were to decompile the sweedish snow menu then you'd be able to add the checkbox options too.

EDIT:

In the current camera application it says "5M Pixels" and the rest all have a space e.g. "4 M Pixels". You could change them all to look like "5 MP", "4 MP".

what smali files have you exchanged?

Guest H3ROS

For android.policy.jar all of them apart from GlobalActions$3.smali, GlobalActions.smali and PowerDialog.smali.

For framework.jar just InputMethodService.smali gets modified :)

Like I said, it's hard to modify the policy file. There were a few changes and I know what most of them do, but there's one change sweedish snow has that I wasn't able to get working and that was the music player controls on the lock screen. It's odd because 99% of the file is now from sweedish snow and the 1% that's not is so that the power menu doesn't get messed up. Maybe it requires the CM7 music player?

Tip: It's easy to see changes if you use WinDiff.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jlgmax

Tillaz could you please wait a little longer?

The poximity sensor issue is caused because i have a newer revision sensor "TSL2771" we are trying to figure out what the problem is. it would be nice if the final release would work on newer skates to :)

I you could read it from HERE on you maybe know a solution to put in the ROM.

Hi, I also have the same sensor - my proximity sensor wasn't working properly on R10 but after I ran Proximity Calibration it is working fine.

Guest Recze

Can somebody tell me how to install this rom in to my phone? ( i mean what i needed to wipe in CWM and in what order)

Please help me. :)

Edited by Recze

Guest bunny_1607

All - Has any of the experienced users of this ROM ever thought of putting together a top tips or quick guide to some of it's features.

Let's face it, there's loads and loads of very good functions/features that put a lot of the other ROMs to shame here. A lot of bits I have found by accident along the way or by playing with stuff, but I'm sure there's loads I've missed or just don't realise are there.

For new users of the ROM it would be a invaluable!!!

Even just a top 5 from people to say -

In this screen/app/menu/widget did you realise you can do this ... OR

The best thing I've found or use is ...

It would help to spread the experience and fun of Atomic giving it "A Bigger Bang"!

tillaz - I know your still working on it, but many thanks for ROM and good luck with what you do next!

Guest tillaz

For android.policy.jar all of them apart from GlobalActions$3.smali, GlobalActions.smali and PowerDialog.smali.

For framework.jar just InputMethodService.smali gets modified :)

Like I said, it's hard to modify the policy file. There were a few changes and I know what most of them do but theres one change sweedish snow has that I wasn't able to get working and that was the music player controls on the lock screen. It's odd because 99% of the file is now from sweedish snow and the 1% that's not is so that the power menu doesn't get messed up. Maybe it requires the CM7 music player?

Tip: It's easy to see changes if you use WinDiff.

power menu is only all the globalActions.smali files and shoutdownThread.smali witch is from framework.jar

its best not to just directly copy over full files, but in this case all the code is pretty much the same (apart from public id's) so makes no difference

lol wish it was the case with the o2x... would save me all the horrible smali editingsad.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, it's them ID's that bothered me but for this specific file I don't think it made much difference. I think PowerDialog.smali had a few const's changed and GlobalActions$3.smali had a line number change and a whole extra chunk:

.line 207

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$3;->this$0:Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;

#getter for: Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v0}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->access$000(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;)Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

const/4 v1, 0x1

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->shutdown(Landroid/content/Context;Z)V

.line 208

return-void

.end method

.method public onPress()V

.registers 3

.prologue

To be on the safe side that's why I left it well alone and only replaced stuff to do with the unlock screen, key guard, lock screen etc. And as you said the files are pretty much the same so I think it's hard to go wrong. It'd be extremely hard for you to port the changes over though, mainly because I only know that 2 of the functions are handled in PhoneWindowManager and the rest is guess work. Like I still don't know if the mod supports the music player controls or not, but as the clocks there I can only guess that it does but not with Atomic's default media player.

EDIT #1:

I just tried with the music player from Swedish Snow and it doesn't work either.

EDIT #2:

I was looking through the code and what you said got me thinking. I enabled the pattern lock and rather than it saying "Draw a pattern to unlock" it says "Return to call". I guess I'm going to have to go through this policy file in a lot more detail :(

EDIT #3:

This is way too much work for me. Theres too many lines to edit and smali is an awful language to work with. If I knew what the actual code looked like in java or C# and had the files to edit then this would be much easier. At this point I think it'd be quicker and easier to just use Sweedish Snow as the base and apply Atomic's theme and tweaks on top.

Is there not a file I can replace from Sweedish Snow so that all of these ID's match up without me having to edit everything manually in lots of separate files?

Also R11 doesn't use the policy file I made does it? If it does then it may have text errors as explained in edit #2.

Edited by H3ROS