[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

Yeah, it's them ID's that bothered me but for this specific file I don't think it made much difference. I think PowerDialog.smali had a few const's changed and GlobalActions$3.smali had a line number change and a whole extra chunk:

.line 207
iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$3;->this$0:Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;

#getter for: Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;
invoke-static {v0}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->access$000(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;)Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

const/4 v1, 0x1

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/internal/app/ShutdownThread;->shutdown(Landroid/content/Context;Z)V

.line 208
return-void
.end method

.method public onPress()V
.registers 3

.prologue[/code]

To be on the safe side that's why I left it well alone and only replaced stuff to do with the unlock screen, key guard, lock screen etc. And as you said the files are pretty much the same so I think it's hard to go wrong. It'd be extremely hard for you to port the changes over though, mainly because I only know that 2 of the functions are handled in PhoneWindowManager and the rest is guess work. Like I still don't know if the mod supports the music player controls or not, but as the clocks there I can only guess that it does but not with Atomic's default media player.

EDIT #1:

I just tried with the music player from Swedish Snow and it doesn't work either.

EDIT #2:

I was looking through the code and what you said got me thinking. I enabled the pattern lock on the screen and rather than saying "Draw a pattern to unlock" it says "Return to call". I guess I'm going to have to go through this policy file in a lot more detail :(

EDIT #3:

This is way too much work for me. Theres too many lines to edit and smali is an awful language to work with. If I knew what the actual code looked like in java or C# and had the files to edit then this would be much easier. At this point I think it'd be quicker and easier to just use Sweedish Snow as the base and apply Atomic's theme and tweaks on top.

Is there not a file I can replace from Sweedish Snow so that all of these ID's match up without me having to edit everything manually in lots of separate files?

leave it to me, i will do it soon, iv had to do this before with other things.. its more Tedious than anything

if you could find all the things that say the wrong stuff (with screen shots, if possible) i will fix them.

(since i dont have the phone any more to find my self lol)

Edited by tillaz

Guest H3ROS

leave it to me, i will do it soon, iv had to do this before with other things.. its more Tedious than anything

if you could find all the things that say the wrong stuff (with screen shots, if possible) i will fix them.

(since i dont have the phone any more to find my self lol)

I'd think there would be lots since I replaced more than half of that file which uses these ID's.

I found out that public.xml and strings.xml from framework-res.apk are what I need to be looking at.

strings.xml:

<string name="lockscreen_return_to_call">Return to call</string>
public.xml:
<public type="string" name="lockscreen_return_to_call" id="0x010402a2" />

Use Notepad++ file search with "10402a2" and you find out that PatternUnlockScreen$4.smali contains it on line 64.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I'd think there would be lots since I replaced more than half of that file which uses these ID's.

I found out that public.xml and strings.xml from framework-res.apk are what I need to be looking at.

yeah, that's right

to be honest there wont be that much to change, its easy to just find what's not right on the phone then correct the string id's in the smali

that's why iv said to attach screen shots as people find the bugs and i will fix them straight away via patch, would take me 5 mins every time some are found

Guest H3ROS

It's not far off:

<string name="lockscreen_pattern_instructions">Draw pattern to unlock</string>

<string name="lockscreen_emergency_call">Emergency call</string>

<string name="lockscreen_return_to_call">Return to call</string>
	<public type="string" name="lockscreen_pattern_instructions" id="0x010402a0" />

<public type="string" name="lockscreen_emergency_call" id="0x010402a1" />

I'm not sure if they will all be that far off but I'll check Swedish Snow.

EDIT #1:

Compare public.xml from Atomic to Swedish Snow. Theres a lot of changes and it even contains the music controls which may fix that feature.

I'm not sure if it will be easier to repatch the policy file or spend a while modifying the XML files, since they do need the missing entries. Personally I would think the easiest way would be to apply the Atomic theme into Swedish Snow's framework-res.apk and adjust the other files to suite, no? I don't think theres many changes you'd need to make if you did it that way around.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

It's not far off:

<string name="lockscreen_pattern_instructions">Draw pattern to unlock</string>
<string name="lockscreen_emergency_call">Emergency call</string>
<string name="lockscreen_return_to_call">Return to call</string>[/code]
[code] <public type="string" name="lockscreen_pattern_instructions" id="0x010402a0" />
<public type="string" name="lockscreen_emergency_call" id="0x010402a1" />

I'm not sure if they will all be that far off but I'll check Swedish Snow.

EDIT #1:

Compare public.xml from Atomic to Swedish Snow. Theres a lot of changes and it even contains the music controls which may fix that feature.

I'm not sure if it will be easier to repatch the policy file or spend a while modifying the XML files, since they do need the missing entries. Personally I would think the easiest way would be to apply the Atomic theme into Swedish Snow's framework-res.apk and adjust the other files to suite, no? I don't think theres many changes you'd need to make if you did it that way around.

lol atomic is more than just a theme, adding the theme alone would take ages... lots of .xml to edit .1000s of png,s to change...

there's probably only 20 id's to change in policy

the music controls will be missing an xml in framework-res in ether layout or drawable. plus adding the drawables and string to public.xml

i will have a look tomorrow

the public.xml in framework-res is for the whole phone.... so there will be 100s of differences, and only about 30 will be for android.policy

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

here is a quick search of all id's in the whole of policy

bare in mind they are not all strings,

new3.txt

edit: the differences with public.xml id's from atomic and Swedish should only be in srings and drawables

not to mention most of them are the same id re-used in that txt file

Edited by tillaz

Guest Kayusumi

Hi, tillaz

I found a little bug in R11 that it asks me to connect my charger when my battery is already full in the lock-screen

Just as the screenshot shows

post-934340-0-47723200-1331792809_thumb.

Guest tillaz

Just lost 25% battery last night in standby....shocking

Using R10

Yeah, I'm going to change sleep mode back to 0

1 seems to drain battery

Guest Infuckingcredible

Hey tillaz, how can i take the ADWLauncher from V6 to the latest Atomic-Mod? Just go into the .zip -> system -> app -> copy the Launcher.apk and paste it to the rom i want to? Cheers! :)

Guest RaTToX

Just lost 25% battery last night in standby....shocking

Using R10

Me too. My Phone was chargin all the night. When i woke up, battery was on 52% and said that he wasn't connected.

@ tillaz:

Will you edit/fix the "use the camera flash" option unde "global settings" for the ZTE Skate? Is it even possible?

post-961854-0-15806600-1331802279_thumb.

Guest JThumar

Can this be done manually ?

Shall i change the build.prop and change this value ?

Yeah, I'm going to change sleep mode back to 0

1 seems to drain battery

Edited by JThumar

Guest KonstaT

MOVE TEXT CURSER WITH VOLUME UP AND DOWN BUTTONS(HELPED BY H3ROS)

You got to be kidding, right? So you are saying here that this is something that you made and H3ROS helped you. When in fact this is something that I made and it's just one of the many many things that you have KANGed without any permission/thank you/credit (to me, or to anyone else). Even if my name is in the first post, it doesn't mean that it automatically gives you the right include everything that I've ever made. Somehow you have just decided that you don't need give credit to anyone (not just me) and you can claim other people's work as you own (and ask money for it). That is just absolutely discraceful!

How many PMs I sent you about this same thing? I also sent you a link to this topic that is pinned at every forum section. Maybe it's time read it again with some thought.

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

There are basically two rules. Don't include warez and give credit to the original author (to me this applies to mods too). What is so difficult to understand in that, so that you knowingly break them both?

If you don't have any immediate plans to correct this, please remove my name from the first post. I don't wan't to be in any way affiliated to this.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest JThumar

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: aaaaawwwww......:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

You got to be kidding, right? So you are saying here that this is something that you made and H3ROS helped you. When in fact this is something that I made and it's just one of the many many things that you have KANGed without any permission/thank you/credit (to me, or to anyone else). Even if my name is in the first post, it doesn't mean that it automatically gives you the right include everything that I've ever made. Somehow you have just decided that you don't need give credit to anyone (not just me) and you can claim other people's work as you own (and ask money for it). That is just absolutely discraceful!

How many PMs I sent you about this same thing? I also sent you a link to this topic that is pinned at every forum section. Maybe it's time read it again with some thought.

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

There are basically two rules. Don't include warez and give credit to the original author (to me this applies to mods too). What is so difficult to understand in that, so that you knowingly break them both?

If you don't have any immediate plans to correct this, please remove my name from the first post. I don't wan't to be in any way affiliated to this.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Love the new music player smile.gif

Says no SIM card in phone on lock screen

I allso have this problem.

Also i dont have root access.

And if i flash the fix i get a black screen after the splash screen. :)

Guest JThumar

Which fix ?

I have the root access installed root explorer

I allso have this problem.

Also i dont have root access.

And if i flash the fix i get a black screen after the splash screen. :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Which fix ?

I have the root access installed root explorer

The proximity fix Tillaz gave on the previous page, does not work. But the zip C3C0 made for me works on all atomic versions for me :) LINK

I redownload the ROM to make sure, i dont have root acces i cant go into CPU setting or install root exporer etc...

Guest H3ROS

@ KonstaT

I'm sorry that you have not been credited. Of course tillaz knows where the code come from, and I personally just ported it to this ROM for my own use and tillaz asked me for a copy so I gave him it. I guess he thanked me as I saved him some time.

I found out what files to modify by doing a bit of research myself:

http://android.modac...board-is-shown/

@ JThumar

Them messed up words will be due to the policy file. I may work on a fix if tillaz doesn't do it himself soon.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest unomesmo

@tillaz @BUG

In R10 and R11 the notifications with 3 or more lines are showed cutted in notification status bar. Maybe cause the new feature, swipe off notifications.

In R11 me too, 'connect charger' is shown when charger is connected and battery is 100% charged. The battery icon shown is '100%' and not 'full charged'.. then with 99% is all OK.

Guest KonstaT

@ KonstaT

I'm sorry that you have not been credited. Of course tillaz knows where the code come from, and I personally just ported it to this ROM for my own use and tillaz asked me for a copy so I gave him it. I guess he thanked me as I saved him some time.

I found out what files to modify by doing a bit of research myself:

http://android.modac...board-is-shown/

Yeah, I know. Problem is that tillaz has made a decision not to credit ANYONE (I couldn't care less if he credits me or not). This just means that he is claiming other people's work as his own.

What kind of research you needed to do to find that? That's exactly the link I give in Swedish Snow thread along with the credits to azuwis. Look how easy it is find something usefull when it's done like should. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest H3ROS

Understandable. I've seen your change logs before and you do link back to all of your sources for the mods :) I would think it's also easier for you to apply the mods too since you're working with the source where as Atomic is modifying smali, correct?

To find what I needed to modify I googled something like "android use volume keys as dpad" and then found out that the file I should be looking at was InputMethodService. Knowing that I looked at how Swedish Snow was doing it and found that it can easily be added to Atomic as theres no other changes between the files (smali files that is).

Edited by H3ROS

Guest KonstaT

Understandable. I've seen your change logs before and you do link back to all of your sources for the mods :) I would think it's also easier for you to apply the mods too since you're working with the source where as Atomic is modifying smali, correct?

Swedish Snow is based on a ZTE stock ROM. Only way you can add something, is to modify smali.

Yes, I work with the source too. I've written plenty of the code and I've also used code from CM7. I patch AOSP source with that code. I compile it. I decompile it again. I use smali code from that and again modify that smali to patch my ROM. Please don't tell me what's easy and what is not.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest H3ROS

Ah, I didn't mean it as "easy" :D I meant that it's easier to modify from source than it is from smali, because smali editing is by no means easy and I've got a lot of respect for them who can make so many changes in it.

I'm learning a lot myself, so please excuse how "noob" I am when it comes to it. I was simply interested in how you get everything working so well and the whole process, since I'm finding it difficult and would like to learn more.

Edited by H3ROS