[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Simon Baker

The unmodded 3b was the only one working for me this one bootloops on the bootanimation.

I did the 4wipes > flash ROM = bootlooping.

I did 3 wipes without format system > Flash ROM = reboot back into recovery

when i flash to a other ROM everything works fine.

I wil try redownloading,why doesnt it work on my phone...

Im sure im not doing anything wrong

im having the same issue - stays at the little android man and will not boot.

Simon

Guest Atomix86
Are you sure you are doing wipes instaid of formats, i dont know for sure but formating things under mounts and storage could brick your phone, if so i recommend you reading a little before trying...

This is what you should do if someone says 4 wipes.

”wipe factory/data > Yes”

”wipe cache > Yes”

”advanced > wipe dalvik cache> Yes”

”mounts and storage format/system”

Not 4 formats like this:

”mounts and storage format/data”

”mounts and storage format/cache”

”mounts and storage format/boot”

Not true. I always do those last for, and then the data/factory wipe (to clear .android_secure), then install my ROM. Never once, ever, have I had a bad install with this method. It will not brick your phone, as it doesn't touch recovery.

Also as an extra note, 'wipe factory/data' also wipes the cache, which contains (and thus also wipes) the dalvik cache.

Hello

Can anybody tell me how can i delete the GO LAUNCHER EX from the V3.C ?

I don't like it so mutch.. and i can't delete any pre installed apps that is so annoying.

But i prefer that newer version, because the imroved battery life. So i want to use that without any luncher..

Many thanks :)

Guest jcmyall

Are you sure you are doing wipes instaid of formats, i dont know for sure but formating things under mounts and storage could brick your phone, if so i recommend you reading a little before trying...

This is what you should do if someone says 4 wipes.

”wipe factory/data > Yes”

”wipe cache > Yes”

”advanced > wipe dalvik cache> Yes”

Not 4 formats like this:

”mounts and storage format/data”

”mounts and storage format/cache”

”mounts and storage format/boot”

May I ask how doing it in mounts/storage may brick the phone? You're not wiping the recovery partition, so clockwork mod will still be installed no matter what you wipe in that menu. If you wipe boot and system and then go to restart the phone... It will automatically boot into Clockwork mod, allowing you to install another rom.

Guest jcmyall

Hello

I don't like it so mutch.. and i can't delete any pre installed apps that is so annoying.

But i prefer that newer version, because the imroved battery life. So i want to use that without any luncher..

Go to the market and download a free app called Anttek App Manager Free. Give it root access and you can delete any system app. Be careful you don't delete any essential system apps.

Hello

Delete with titanium backup or root explorer.

But first be sure you have another launcher installed before deleting go ex!

Guest Wacky.ddw

Why would it brick your device if you format everything?

I have formatted everything on several occasions with my blade and my skate,no bricks for me.

Ok my bad, in the clockworkmod guide it says

These let you directly format any of these partitions. Take extreme care with this option as formatting any of these partitions will result in losing all data on them, especially the boot and system partitions. Formatting the system partition will remove your ROM and leave your phone without an operating system while wiping the boot partition may brick your phone unless you restore or flash another one before rebooting your device. To learn more about the contents of all these partitions, see our guide to Android partitions.

So i asumed formating boot could brick your phone, thats why i sayd i didnt know for sure. so there are 8 wipes then?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Atomix86
Hello

You can use Titanium Backup but you MUST have installed another launcher first! You can't run without one ;).

Ok my bad, in the clockworkmod guide it says

So i asumed formating boot could brick your phone, thats why i sayd i didnt know for sure. so there are 8 wipes then?

No, just the 4 you said not to do :P. I don't know why the guide says that, as you are not formatting recovery, there is 0% chance it will brick. When you flash one of those re-sized TPT's, it's the same thing; there's nothing on ANY partition except recovery.

No worries.

All that formatting everything will do is leave you with an unbootable device that can only go into clockworkmod.So you simply flash a rom.

Edited by Guest

Guest ouffer

it works now, i deleted the tpt image file from sd card and installed without any tpt. 3C works fine now for me. thank u!

i just have on question, i dont fancy the battery indicator can i change it somehow?

Guest vdubster

OK this might be a silly question but...

I wanted to remove some apps before flashing so i unzipped the ROM and deleted those i didn't want from system/apps and then zip the ROM back up however when i tried to flash it i got a instillation error. So my question do you have to zip it in a certain way?

Thanks

James

OK this might be a silly question but...

I wanted to remove some apps before flashing so i unzipped the ROM and deleted those i didn't want from system/apps and then zip the ROM back up however when i tried to flash it i got a instillation error. So my question do you have to zip it in a certain way?

Thanks

James

No you done wrong.Do not unzip.what you need to do is open archive with 7zip or the like without unzipping.

Edited by Guest

Guest Wacky.ddw

Well thats what i thought so i asked it somewhere, its one of my first posts. It took ages for someone to answer the question and when someone did he confirmed that could brick so its good to finally know it doesnt :P

Still i cant get it to work what ever i try, Could it be my hardware is slightly different or something, i cant of anything else why this doenst work.

I use the Option 2 TPT (200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data)

Guest monographix

It would be good if tillaz had access to medion or other network issued skates out there than orange as i think i am seeing people with those phones seem to report situations as wackys.

A firmware thing maybe? .... (or Generation related ?)

Next possible area to check could be maybe the differences between 3c and previous versions that worked for Wacky or others

.... just my 1.5 cents

Edited by monographix

Guest vdubster

No you done wrong.Do not unzip.what you need to do is open archive with 7zip or the like without unzipping.

Thanks, now running on the 150mb TPT :-)

J

Guest Bigbadstevieboy

Now it's lost all the icons along the bottom, it wouldn't bring up the app list after being pressed four times, held the button and an alteration menu shows up, push back and the icons have turned to + signs.

Selecting restore to default does nothing.

Think i'm going to try a different rom, i'm passing this phone to my dad in a few days and i want something that i know won't have a hicup and lose function without warning.

Guest DaveWebb

Now it's lost all the icons along the bottom, it wouldn't bring up the app list after being pressed four times, held the button and an alteration menu shows up, push back and the icons have turned to + signs.

Think i'm going to try a different rom, i'm passing this phone to my dad in a few days and i want something that i know won't have a hicup and lose function without warning.

The launcher has 3 pages by default. Just swipe it to the left of right and it'll come back to the main one.

Guest Bigbadstevieboy

I sweft it left to right and each page had the + symbols along the bottom.

AFAIK the bottom 5 icons are "fixed" so that you can access the basic functions from any page.

Got them back by going into the app manager and deleting the data of launcher ex and force stopping it.

When it rebooted the icons were back.

Need to get this phone stable, damned if i'm giving him my HD2 while i fiddle with this!

The launcher has 3 pages by default. Just swipe it to the left of right and it'll come back to the main one.

And then to have it only use one page go to preferences, screen settings and set the dock row to 1 :) In that same menu you can also change the transition speed if you want to make things a little quicker. Then under the app drawer settings you can set the scrolling orientation to vertical continuous if you want something like launcher pro.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Atomix86

I sweft it left to right and each page had the + symbols along the bottom.

AFAIK the bottom 5 icons are "fixed" so that you can access the basic functions from any page.

Got them back by going into the app manager and deleting the data of launcher ex and force stopping it.

When it rebooted the icons were back.

Need to get this phone stable, damned if i'm giving him my HD2 while i fiddle with this!

Swipe the dock, not the main bit.

Your joking right? this rom is the most stable skate rom available.If the launcher is not to your liking,how can that be the roms fault?

As others have pointed out,GO EX by default has 3 docks that you swipe left/right to see.Which is why you see all those + signs,swipe left or right and you will see your dock is still there.You can change to one dock in settings.

Edited by Guest

Guest Bigbadstevieboy

I stand corrected, didn't know it had swipable docks.

But it nor responds when i push the app list button, which it didn't before.

Turned off the dock swipe, one less thing to catch my dad out.