[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

I stand corrected, didn't know it had swipable docks.

But it nor responds when i push the app list button, which it didn't before.

Turned off the dock swipe, one less thing to catch my dad out.

try wiping go ex data,or uninstall and reinstall(make sure you have another launcher available if you do this)

Guest danz0l

Just installed V3.0c, did a complete wipe of cache, dalvik cache and factory reset. Everything working as it should except Lini2SD. Before when i installed my apps automatically to the ext3 partition i could run them straight away. Now it appears i have to reboot the phone to gain access to them or they force close. Any ideas ?

Guest Atomix86

Just to let tillaz know this ROM is pretty much perfect now, only thing now is to make the menus consistent eg. all white text on the grey background. But that's no big deal. Also worth noting is in had to install the ics stock battery mod after booting the phone at least once fully after rom installation or it bootlooped.

Guest danz0l

Just to make sure there was no issues my end, i reverted back to v2.5 and everything now works again. So Link2SD doesnt work quite as well in v3 i'm afraid.

Guest Wacky.ddw

The Medion P4310 is a factory unlocked ZTE skate, and its made in Germany for a while and then sold at the supermarket the "Aldi" here in Belgium, but it was a short action so you cant buy them anymore. But like all Medion products they just take cheap products and brand it, like for example if you buy a Medion PC it has for example a "Medion radion" inside but i dont think the hardware is any different... So i cant imagine that the MEDION P4310 would be any different than the ZTE skates made on that date.

ro.build.date=Thu Sep 29 02:45:12 HKT 2011

Here is what the different ROMS gave me:

1.6: worked like it should

2.0: worked like it should

2.5: Reboots when trying to install .apk files.

3.0: couldnt install it gave me a error on flashing, when i did the TPT i could install it but it rebooted on installing .apk files.

3.b: Worked like it should (I should have stayed at this version)

3.b D3abL3's version: Reboots when trying to install .apk files.

3.c: After 4 wipes: it bootloops on the bootanimation. Without wipes it restarts back into reovery. Never got it to boot into android.

(Every version had numbers missing from the keyboard.)

Could someone please upload 3.b again for me :) thanks in advance. Everything was perfect on that version.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

2.5: Reboots when trying to install .apk files.

I've been using v2.5 as my daily rom since it was released until now and (apart from awful battery consumption) have not noticed any problems at all with my Medion...

Guest Petesky

2 things I've noticed the first one is specific to this rom , after installing any apps they always FC untill after rebooting,

and

In all the atomic roms since 2.0 , the email app always downloads old emails as well as the new ones, delete them and they get downloaded again , and I cant find anything in the settings to stop it happening,

Both not big issues but thought I'd mention it

@ Wacky.ddw

Maybe try using the stock TPT or the 160MB TPT? Also format the phones memory card.

I've had trouble when using version 3.0 on the stock TPT and 3b on a TPT which was 150MB. However, since switching to 160MB and 200MB I've had no problems.

@ Petesky

No such issues here, everything works fine right after install. Also I've not noticed any email problems, although I only use gmail.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Atomix86
@ Wacky.ddw

Maybe try using the stock TPT or the 160MB TPT? Also format the phones memory card.

I've had trouble when using version 3.0 on the stock TPT and 3b on a TPT which was 150MB. However, since switching to 160MB and 200MB I've had no problems.

@ Petesky

No such issues here, everything works fine right after install. Also I've not noticed any email problems, although I only use gmail.

Its only on the regular email app, and I can confirm it does do it once but after deleting the second time it's fine.

Guest Wacky.ddw

@ Wacky.ddw

That made me think i dont use the 4GB SD that was in the phone when i bought it, i tried it and it worked :D

But as soon as i put in my 16GB SD it wont boot anymore, so im going to backup everything i need and format it and see if it works afterwards. Also if i format it in windows wil the external Link2SD partition be gone?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest nicksoph

Just installed V3.0c, did a complete wipe of cache, dalvik cache and factory reset. Everything working as it should except Lini2SD. Before when i installed my apps automatically to the ext3 partition i could run them straight away. Now it appears i have to reboot the phone to gain access to them or they force close. Any ideas ?

Hi

Im not sure of much of what follows but I think it relates to your problem and I think hasnt been well explained within this forum.

The method of mapping the sd cards 2nd partition has changed (since 3b?)/. As long as the phone has a 2nd partition formatted to EXT3 it is used for all user programs installed.

I used CWM to setup 512mb for this sencond partion and although I did run L2SD and introduce it to the drive I have never moved any programs using it but I can see that the 200MB+ of user programs are all installed on it.

I dont think you should use the link method within L2SD in this rom - a similiar thing is already taking place.

Just try taking the apps that have been linked back onto the phone and have a look at sd card usage on that 2nd partition even tho you move them to the phone and you might see that they actually stay on the card.

Guest tillaz

about the keyboard... can you pull the LatinIME.apk from cm7 add it to atomic, flash and tell me if the numbers are still missing ?

Edited by tillaz

Guest tillaz

That made me think i dont use the 4GB SD that was in the phone when i bought it, i tried it and it worked :D

But as soon as i put in my 16GB SD it wont boot anymore, so im going to backup everything i need and format it and see if it works afterwards. Also if i format it in windows wil the external Link2SD partition be gone?

thats very strange... wonder if your phone was trying to boot from the sd card sad.gif

formatting will erase all partitions

is the keyboard still the same ?

Guest Wacky.ddw

thats very strange... wonder if your phone was trying to boot from the sd card sad.gif

formatting will erase all partitions

is the keyboard still the same ?

I dont know why but if i install it from the 16GB SD with link2SD partition it bootloops. If i then put in a formated 4gb SD it still wont work.

It only works when i install from the formated single partitioned 4GB sd and then put in the 16GB SD.

Ok i am making a backup and restoring CM7. Ok found it with root explorer it was in "system/app/LatinIME.apk"

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Also if i format it in windows wil the external Link2SD partition be gone?

Yes, but I'd try to reformat your largest partition only, if that still doesn't work you could make a backup with a linux livecd if you really don't want to loose the contents of the second partition and format the whole drive...

I've been using v2.5 as my daily rom since it was released until now and (apart from awful battery consumption) have not noticed any problems at all with my Medion...

In retrospect, it was Atomic v2.5 :)

I'm flashing v3.0C at the moment

I just installed V3.0C after TPT'ing the 200MB TPT but I noticed now I forgot to do any wipes. But I guess it's no problem since I didn't have the resigned apk's of v3.0(a) on my phone coming directly from v2.0. Well if I notice any weird things I will of course do the wipes first before reporting them but so far so good!

Edited by v1pEr

Guest faithronmu

I have just installed the v3.c but my phone is stuck on the android screen(not the green man) and does not go to the home page like i had when i installed the V2.I have not added any addons cos i thought i will add this after full reboot to the home screen.Pls can some one help .

Guest JThumar

Installed 3.C.......works like breeze

1) Battery life is unexpected.....recharged yesterday morning.......still on 31%.......installed 3.C/browsed on wifi+mobile.....

2) Better compared to 3.B when browsing with wifi on......consumes much less battery

3)No File Manager but got ES explorer......

Thnks Tillaz you rock !!

@ faithronmu

Sounds like a TPT issue. Just curious here, but have you changed the memory card in the phone at all?

Install the 200MB TPT from here. Use option 2.

@ JThumar

AndroZip Pro is a file manager ;)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest faithronmu

@ faithronmu

Sounds like a TPT issue. Just curious here, but have you changed the memory card in the phone at all?

Install the 200MB TPT from here. Use option 2.

@ JThumar

AndroZip Pro is a file manager ;)

I have not installed the TPT.I only did a complete wipe of the old rom and install the new one.will the v3 not without the TPT being installed.I a newbie to this issue.