[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Atomix86

I have not installed the TPT.I only did a complete wipe of the old rom and install the new one.will the v3 not without the TPT being installed.I a newbie to this issue.

The general consensus is that one will need the 200mb system tpt to install the rom. That's what I have anyway and it's fine.

Guest timfimjim

I just installed V3.0C after TPT'ing the 200MB TPT but I noticed now I forgot to do any wipes. But I guess it's no problem since I didn't have the resigned apk's of v3.0(a) on my phone coming directly from v2.0. Well if I notice any weird things I will of course do the wipes first before reporting them but so far so good!

TPTs completely wipe your phone anyway so don't worry :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Yes, but I'd try to reformat your largest partition only, if that still doesn't work you could make a backup with a linux livecd if you really don't want to loose the contents of the second partition and format the whole drive...

For the SD i dont care about the Data on the SD i can sync my music again, but that wil take a awful long time.

But if i format my SD i will lose all apps linked to my SD right so if make a Nandroid Backup first and restore afterwards it should be back to normal right?

Also in the end of the link2sd tutorial it says clockworkmod wil change the partition to ex3 but it never did that on my phone. If i format the new partition to ex3 would that prevent future problems with flashing ROMs? From all the ROMs for the skate this is the only one that has that problem :s I really dont understand why.

Guest NorthernNoel

Purchased myself a Monte Carlo over the weekend and currently playing with this rom which seems great. Only thing is that i'd like to try the ZTE Smart Dialler but the link on the first page doesn't work. Anyone got a copy cheers?

After having initial problems with versions 3a & 3b, version 3c installed fine :)

So once again thanks to tillaz for a great rom that has got even better and is definitely good enough for regular daily use.

In previous versions I had enabled Link2Sd before restoring apps using Titanium Backup. But thought I read that a2sd is enabled in version 3c, so I didn't enable Link2SD and after restoring apps and checking storage useage it shows hardly any Internal memory used and a reasonable amount SD(a2sd) been used, therefore, it appears that if you have a suitable partition on your SD card app2sd works fine by default.

Just out of interest:

1. is there an app or GUI associated with a2sd so that settings etc. can be viewed/checked?
  2. what would happen if Link2SD was enabled?

Yes, but I'd try to reformat your largest partition only, if that still doesn't work you could make a backup with a linux livecd if you really don't want to loose the contents of the second partition and format the whole drive...

If you want to access a Linux partition from within Windows, you could use a little utility called Diskinternals Linux Reader.

Just connect your phone to PC, turn on USB storage and run Linux Reader, it will detect and give you read only access to the Linux partition etc.

Guest Atomix86
Where is the setting in go launcher for changing the way pages flip or rather the icons ?

Do you mean the effects option? It can be found by clicking menu on the home.

Guest tillaz

I flashed CM7 and copied the "system/app/LatinIME.apk" to my sd.

this is really confusing now because the keyboard in atomic is the same as the one in CM7, its just themed huh.gif

about your sd cards when partitioning them for link2sd... wot format are you using ?

try fat32 for both, i think your phone is trying to boot from the sdcard

Guest tillaz

Purchased myself a Monte Carlo over the weekend and currently playing with this rom which seems great. Only thing is that i'd like to try the ZTE Smart Dialler but the link on the first page doesn't work. Anyone got a copy cheers?

new link will be up soon

Guest Wacky.ddw

this is really confusing now because the keyboard in atomic is the same as the one in CM7, its just themed huh.gif

about your sd cards when partitioning them for link2sd... wot format are you using ?

try fat32 for both, i think your phone is trying to boot from the sdcard

Yea i dont understand it eighter, and if the screen resolution is the same in both ROMs why is it rescaled...

It is allreay at fat32 now, i just followed your tutorial. So the question is if i format it the same way again, what would be the difference? Doing that would really take a long time, so i will do it when the battery is empty and let it sync music over night.

Installing from 4GB > boot > power off > inserting 16GB = working like it should.

Installing from 16GB > bootloop > removing battery > inserting 4GB = bootloop.

Someone on here mentioned GO Locker can get music controls on the lock screen, but I cant seem to find it, can you let me know how to do this? I'm using GO Launcher EX and GO locker, but still no music controls on lock screen...

Guest Wacky.ddw

Someone on here mentioned GO Locker can get music controls on the lock screen, but I cant seem to find it, can you let me know how to do this? I'm using GO Launcher EX and GO locker, but still no music controls on lock screen...

I remmember seeing it on youtube if you search for ICS lockscreen of ICE lockscreen etc...

Guest tillaz

ok, i can now confirm that my method for redirecting cache in v3c is fully working.... smile.gif

i used the 200mb system 2mb cache to do the testing...

so this mean's people using v3c can use the 288mb internal memory partition tpt, providing you trim the rom down in size first wink.gif

easy way to make atomic fit the 150mb system 2mb cache 288mb data TPT

1) open atomic-v3.c.zip using winrar or 7zip & open system/app

2) find then drag & drop youtube.apk, maps.apk & docstogo.apk to desktop

3) now go back to system/app & right click on the three .apk's named above & delete them.

4) now open atomic-v3.c.zip & open > data

5) drag & drop those three .apk,s from your desktop in to this folder

now atomic will fit on option 3 tpt (150mb system 2mb cache 288mb data)

once booted up link those 3 apk's to sdcard if you use link2sd

Edited by tillaz

That is great news man nice one.

Just one thing,have you incorporated darktremors into the rom,if so what is best way for me to remove it so I can run everything from the now possible larger data partition?

Just looked in data and I see darktremors,so could I just delete before flashing?

Edited by Guest

Everythings still working here on the 160MB TPT.

I'd like to try the "ZTE DIALLER, CONTACTS, MMS" addon as I'm sure I remember the stock ROM giving me the option to display SIM contacts where as this one can only import them. The only issue is that the links missing. Also if you go into the default contacts preferences it says "Uses keypad tap pattern - see CyanogenMod settings to adjust".

Edited by H3ROS

Go launcher ex, no-frills cpu control and documents to go all got updates.

EDIT:

Just so I don't make another post, would you say it'd be worth requesting the TPT? I'm not sure if it'd be worth using the 150MB version, but then is the cache going to the memory card? If it is then that could cause the card to degrade pretty quick and I would think it'd also reduce battery life. Just think of a laptop constantly having to pull data from a USB or external HDD, it drains the juice faster as it's constantly having to supply power to something extra.

http://en.wikipedia....ory#Memory_wear

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

That is great news man nice one.

Just one thing,have you incorporated darktremors into the rom,if so what is best way for me to remove it so I can run everything from the now possible larger data partition?

Just looked in data and I see darktremors,so could I just delete before flashing?

yes