[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest hyperfighting

I did all the usual wipes and installed 3.0e. Only problem i`m having is insufficient space when downloading from market. This was using the 200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data TPT. Going to try the stock TPT and try again, will report back results.

Can i install this over V3.C or will i have to do a full wipe?

Thanks

full wipe is a must, but it should do it automatic when installing so its not a problem if anyone forgets

Guest JThumar

Bit silly to ask but what does these mods do ? Never tried one

all mods in first post can be used with v3.E

Edited by JThumar

Works great for me - best ever in fact. Moving from 3C, I did however need to format the system partition first to get it to boot. Thanks for your dedication Tillaz, will hit the donate button later today :D

Edit: I'm using TPT 160Mb sys partition 35Mb cache

Edited by Nebbo

Guest hyperfighting

Formatted using stock TPT, installed 3.0e. Everything so far working as it should. A excellent rom from a great and dedicated developer. Many thanks, I will be sending a beer your way soon, I hope many other users of this rom will do the same.

1) i can make most of them have white text, BUT it makes root explores text invisible as this has a white popup box that i cant find blink.gif

2) if i go any further and make all the popup boxes have white text it changes the keyboard writing to white. (righting text messages etc) making it impossible to text or search the web sad.gif

Would it be a lot of work to make an addon for both?

#1 is no problem for myself because I don't use root explorer

#2 is no problem also as I use GO keyboard

Of course this is only my personal opinion, if there is nobody else who would use any of these mods you shouldn't put your time in it :)

Guest Shahmatt

hey guys, quick question.

I finally managed to get through the unlock process from the Sticky thread. I have also done the optional clockworkmod installation sequence, that are a part of the last few steps.

Does this mean that the phone is rooted?

If not, can I install Atomic in this state or do I need to root the phone?

Guest PedroVader

I finally managed to get through the unlock process from the Sticky thread. I have also done the optional clockworkmod installation sequence, that are a part of the last few steps.

Hiya,

Well done on the unlock!

All the custom roms are pre-rooted, as long as you've got ClockworkMod installed, you'll have no problems installing.

Pete

It is not rooted, BUT you can install the ROM since you have clockwork recovery.

root is included in the rom and root is not needed to flash new roms. So if you want to flash Atomic you can do this without rooting "manually" beforehand

Guest ravenswood

I previously installed Atomic V2.5 but was having a problem with my phone stopping responding after being asleep for a while. To get any response I had to either remove the battery or when I plugged or unplugged the USB cable the phone would reboot. This was happening several times a day.

Went back to Cyanogenmod and it was working fine, but thought I'd try the newest version of Atomic. Unfortunately exactly the same problem with V3.E.

Phone was fully wiped, isn't overclocked and no other mods installed. Carried out all hardware checks etc and all seems to be OK.

Any suggestions?

I previously installed Atomic V2.5 but was having a problem with my phone stopping responding after being asleep for a while. To get any response I had to either remove the battery or when I plugged or unplugged the USB cable the phone would reboot. This was happening several times a day.

Went back to Cyanogenmod and it was working fine, but thought I'd try the newest version of Atomic. Unfortunately exactly the same problem with V3.E.

Phone was fully wiped, isn't overclocked and no other mods installed. Carried out all hardware checks etc and all seems to be OK.

Any suggestions?

I had this previously with OC 120/920 and smartass, switched to ondemand instead as this was the recommendation of tillaz and didn't have the problem ever since.

Did you put any apps back yet or is this immediately after flashing?

Guest ravenswood

I had this previously with OC 120/920 and smartass, switched to ondemand instead as this was the recommendation of tillaz and didn't have the problem ever since.

Did you put any apps back yet or is this immediately after flashing?

Thanks for the suggestion, This is after apps are back. I'm not overclocking at all, but will try to change to ondemand and see if this makes any difference.

Just go ahead and install atomic using clockworkmod, after backing up also using clockworkmod, root will happen automatically.

Edited by Nebbo

just installed this and only thing i can see as an issue so far is the font colour on dialogs being black on grey (hard to see). On 2.5 things like the power menu (one with reboot, recovery etc) had white text. Any way to change this ? roms looking good, thanks for all the hard work.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks for the suggestion, This is after apps are back. I'm not overclocking at all, but will try to change to ondemand and see if this makes any difference.

Do you have clockworkmod 4.0.1.5 (the orange one)? Some people had trouble installing Atomic with CWM 4.0.1.4 if you need to update the clockworkmod in the package in my tutorial is the latest version :)

Guest adroid starter

Hi Tillaz, thanks for all the hard work to continuously updating the rom to this V3.E version. I am going to try it out once the battery is fully charged. There are two things I would like to ask:

1. Which TPT option is the best for V3.E or which you would recommend? I used option 2 200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data for the V3.C before.

2. Also want to ask about the link2sd, do we still need to create a second partition in the sd and mount it with link2sd? If not, will this new version redirect all the installation to the SD automatically? How to select the location where to install the apps manually?

Many thanks

I use Option 3: 150MB system, 2MB cache, 288MB data [url=http://www.filesonic.com/file/4000748885/150sys-2cache-skate-tpt.zip]in order for 3e to fit in 150 i open the 3e zip file using winrar or 7 zip and delete maps, youtube and docs to go from \system\app i then copy these apk to sdcard and install them manually if needed. using this config i don't even need to use link2sd as i have plenty of space..

Hi Tillaz, thanks for all the hard work to continuously updating the rom to this V3.E version. I am going to try it out once the battery is fully charged. There are two things I would like to ask:

1. Which TPT option is the best for V3.E or which you would recommend? I used option 2 200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data for the V3.C before.

2. Also want to ask about the link2sd, do we still need to create a second partition in the sd and mount it with link2sd? If not, will this new version redirect all the installation to the SD automatically? How to select the location where to install the apps manually?

Many thanks

Got another noob question here.

I seem to have a very low amount of internal space on my phone - I've got link2sd running and put all the apps I can on there (not including the few I use most frequently)

I have 16 apps on interal totalling 52mb according to Link2SD, I've got no media on it that I'm aware of. How much internal memory does the phone even have? Reading 512 ROM, but also 150mb. But then according to DiskUsage theres 162mb used, 121 of which is from apps. Very confused, is this down to their caches etc?

Even with Link2SD this is a big issue for me, a number of apps I can't move, others I don't want to, 16 seems like barely any, most of those are GO Launcher related.

Guest romtastic

I've not been able to install any atomic rom vX.X , im running clockwork 4.0.1.5, anyone have an idea.

it just says something blah blah, Bad?

UPDATE:fixed by trying new download, as simple as that.

Edited by romtastic

I did something unusual today (given the recent wet weather in the UK) I tried to use my phone outside. I had real difficulty in reading some of the menus in the sunlight. If Black or White text is a problem, is there a reason not to use Blue text?

Great ROM, thankfully never had any issues with it! Could just do with a bit more contract in the menus.

Many thanks

Sam