[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Weird stuff, I installed an app, Go Locker, now when I charge my phone, it goes warm. ???

i would avoid go locker, its a massive battery drainer...

im also having doubts about go launcher, i put this on my new phone & removed stock launcher and the battery seemed to be draining very fast blink.gif

so if some people think there battery drains fast you could do a little test... open the rom .zip remove go launcher & add the stock launcher

re-flash and use for a full day from a full charge and tell me if you see a difference...

would like to here other peoples results with this smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Dukelord

i would avoid go locker, its a massive battery drainer...

im also having doubts about go launcher, i put this on my new phone & removed stock launcher and the battery seemed to be daring very fast blink.gif

so if some people think there battery drains fast you could do a little test... open the rom .zip remove go launcher & add the stock launcher

re-flash and use for a full day from a full charge and tell me if you see a difference...

would like to here other peoples results with this smile.gif

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I've uninstalled Go Locker.

Does this run Gingerbread or actual ICS instead of 'ICS Theme'?

By the way, superb work Tillaz, keep it up! :D

Do you think you could install S2E onto Atomic to increase space for those 'Improved HD Games' I hear so much about?

Edited by JetKun

Guest Wacky.ddw

im also having doubts about go launcher, i put this on my new phone & removed stock launcher and the battery seemed to be daring very fast blink.gif

I think thats just a tought, i use Go launcher and some go widgets and my battery life is great!

What ive noticed is wiping battery stats doesnt help anything at all it makes things worse i did exactly as desicribed in your tutorial. recarge, reboot recharge again reboot into CWM wipe stats then let it drain to 0%. Now when i let it charge all night i unplugged the charger and it said it was 96% full then when i put in the charger again it showed a questionmark. When i re-flashed Atomic the problem was solved.

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/google-engineer-debunks-myth-wiping-battery-stats-does-not-improve-battery-life/

Guest wrtease

i use 5 launchers

ADW LAUNCHER

GO LAUNCHER

ICE CREAM SANDWICH 2.4

ICS 4.0 LAUNCHER

LAUNCHERPRO

so can choose any for using on atomic v4

all working perfectly.

Edited by wrtease

ICE CREAM SANDWICH 2.4

ICS 4.0 LAUNCHER

You have two different ics launchers.I know of one by syndicate apps,but what is the other one ?

Edited by Guest

which 1 of the ics you ask about ?

I know about syndicateapps one by intel from xda,I would like to know what the other one is please?

I think the 2.4 one is by intel,what is the 4.0 one you have

Edited by Guest

Those of you who prefer to torrent stuff, here's a link to a torrent of At0mic v4! I'm hosting this off my home connection which manages around 80kbps so PLEASE SEED!

http://tors.in/atomic

Also tillaz consider adding this to the main post? I'm happy to keep up to date with the newest versions and set up torrents for them?

Edited by kn100

Guest Wacky.ddw

I'm currently using 3c. I guess that it's ok to upgrade to 4 without a wipe? Can't be bothered restoring everything again.

You have to do the 4 wipes. (It will do them automaticly i think)

As nobody else has said nothing,I am assuming its just me.

On Atomic rom,with stock music player or poweramp,the music skips.

And if I rotate the phone when music is on,it skips ?

Maybe its the kernelizer script I am running.

Can someone who has not added any tweaks to the rom check stock music app to see if it skip on screen rotate.

Guest mike williams

Can someone who has not added any tweaks to the rom check stock music app to see if it skip on screen rotate.

Mine works fine - stock player, player pro, doggcatcher all fine.

Guest timfimjim

Yeah I got that too. I didn't tweak at all and still got it. Thought it could be min cpu which was at 122, but still got skips when I changed to stock clockspeed.

Been using Skatie for a few days because I didn't like how my screen randomly went off a couple of times on atomic, and I haven't had any problems - no music skips and no screen going off

Guest Reaskawallah

Has anybody managed to download via this link ? I get a tracker error and no seeds.

Those of you who prefer to torrent stuff, here's a link to a torrent of At0mic v4! I'm hosting this off my home connection which manages around 80kbps so PLEASE SEED!

http://tors.in/atomic

Also tillaz consider adding this to the main post? I'm happy to keep up to date with the newest versions and set up torrents for them?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Does anyone else have this problem with link2sd on atomic v4? LINK

Solved it :)

Well it seems i didnt, im having problems with link2sd on atomic v4 and redstarr1 has the same problem. Posted the problem in the link2sd topic.

And a little thing Skype works on stock ROM and Cyanogenmod, but on atomic it plays sound trough the back speaker instaid of the front speaker. There is a modded version that should work tough or could there be an easy fix?

And the TPT helper crashes on atomic, Maybe because it thinks it is a HTC?

Guest Redstarr1

I've had that problem with Link2SD since Atomic v2.0 and rebooting once solves it every time (only to come back when I reboot again after that, and so on).. So it's not really the same I think, Link2SD still works for me for the most part on 4.0.

Well it seems i didnt, im having problems with link2sd on atomic v4 and redstarr1 has the same problem. Posted the problem in the link2sd topic.

And a little thing Skype works on stock ROM and Cyanogenmod, but on atomic it plays sound trough the back speaker instaid of the front speaker. There is a modded version that should work tough or could there be an easy fix?

And the TPT helper crashes on atomic, Maybe because it thinks it is a HTC?

Why not use TPT Helper to create a custom tpt ?

I have over 300mb internal data so no need for any kind of apps2sd stuff,which potentially reduces performance.

However,to do this you will need to trim your rom to fit your new partition(I get cm7/Atomic down to 65mb)

And at present tpt helper does not work right on Atomic(the developer is aware of this and fixing)

So you will need to be on cm7 to use tpt app,or if you know how,make tpt on your computer.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Why not use TPT Helper to create a custom tpt ?

I have over 300mb internal data so no need for any kind of apps2sd stuff,which potentially reduces performance.

However,to do this you will need to trim your rom to fit your new partition(I get cm7/Atomic down to 65mb)

And at present tpt helper does not work right on Atomic(the developer is aware of this and fixing)

So you will need to be on cm7 to use tpt app,or if you know how,make tpt on your computer.

Actually i dont care/understand what my TPT is, I use my phone to play music, texting and calling so the preformance is more than enough.

At first everyone was recommending the option 2 TPT because it has 35mb cache memory so i did it. And now im seeing people saying 2mb cache would be great. This makes no sence to me at all. So there is no performance difference between 2mb chache and 35mb cache?

Allso what did you trim in the ROM? Because there is nothing i can think of thats in the ROM i can delete.

How did you partition yours?

At first i was really happy with no TPT and no link2sd because i was using cyanogenmod and it installed my apps externally. But since everyone was recommeding it i did it and i got kind of used to it. If you can tell me to what i should trim my partitons for best preformance and size that would be great.

Thanks for the help!

BTW: Did you figure out why the splash screen corrupts the battery recharging animation?

Edited by Wacky.ddw