[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Colibri

Hey guys, considering switching back to Atomic after the CM7 port. The only thing is the battery; my battery was always in use by cell standby in Atomic and would drain pretty fast. Any ideas?

@ tillaz

Just checked the time in state information found under info in SetCPU. It says I'm 90.52% at 122MHz, 1.69% at 245MHz, 4.43% at 320MHz, 0.82% at 480MHz and 2.53% at 787MHz. The overall power on time is 3 hours, so I would say SmartassV2 mixed with my screen off profile is working great.

The conservative governor is a little like ondemand but should save more battery. It might not be the best for demanding tasks or gaming though.

@ tillaz

Just checked the time in state information found under info in SetCPU. It says I'm 90.52% at 122MHz, 1.69% at 245MHz, 4.43% at 320MHz, 0.82% at 480MHz and 2.53% at 787MHz. The overall power on time is 3 hours, so I would say SmartassV2 mixed with my screen off profile is working great.

The conservative governor is a little like ondemand but should save more battery. It might not be the best for demanding tasks or gaming though.

its not just me who thinks this... lots of other app devs think the same if you look at other overclocking apps like andrev OC adjuster, for example, its says why the governors are not included (make no difference)

i would give the kernel a try for a full day, and you will see a difference, well i did at-least huh.gif

Hey Tillaz, I've got a some questions-

1) If I migrate from one ROM to another, I can indeed keep all my apps and settings and the lot using Titanium Backup, right? (Tilal's CM7 to Atomic)

2) Will Atomic ever get an ICS upgrade? Gingerbread's fine by me, and is pretty awesome if it isn't :P

3) Does this ROM have Cyanogenmod-like tinkering abilities, too?

4) Is it easy to migrate from S2E (I am currently using this on CM7 by Tilal) to Link2SD (The app you recommended) or is it not required?

All in all, keep up the great work!

Edited by JetKun

@ tillaz

May be true, but since I've used it and had this profile setup I've been able to have the phone last 2 or 3 days. All information I got was from here.

Are you using ondemand with noop? I may make a backup and give it a try.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Can't delete...says its system file and read only...how to delete using root explorer

You have to press the button at the top "mount R/O" to delete/change system things in root explorer.

Hii why has my second partition has changed to ext-3 from fat32 after flashing v4??

I also had a lot of troubles with link2sd and atomic, i fixed it by making a partition trough clockworkmod instaid of a tool. It took me a whole day to fix it, i explained it in the link2sd topic :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

@ tillaz

May be true, but since I've used it and had this profile setup I've been able to have the phone last 2 or 3 days. All information I got was from here.

Are you using ondemand with noop? I may make a backup and give it a try.

if you install setCPU you will be able to see the behaviour of smartassv2 & compare it to ondemand

if you open setCPU select smartassv2 you will see it says you are on 254Mhz when not touching the screen, BUT.. when you touch the screen it goes to full speed, hold your finger on the screen and it stays at full speed, and sometimes when you remove your finger it can go a bit crazy jumping from 245 to 480 then max even though its not been touched...

do the exact same process with ondemad and it will be exactly the same behaviour apart from the crazy part lol

the only one that seems to do its job properly is the powersave governor, do the same as above with this and you will see it never goes past 254Mhz

Edited by tillaz

@ tillaz

The crazy jumping part you're on about would be due to down_rate_us and up_rate_us where it looks at the minimum amount of time to spend at a frequency before it will ramp it up or down. It's so that if an application only needs lets say 480MHz it will hover at that and then drop when it's not required. However, ondemand would go right down to 254MHz so the application may be sluggish until the jump to 787MHz. I suppose the advantage is less battery usage when you're not actually touching the screen, which in most cases would be fine since then you wouldn't notice things behaving sluggish anyway.

What about the I/O Scheduler though? We lose SIO so are left to pick between noop and deadline (I think they're the best out of the default bunch). FYI from my benchmark tests SIO scored best.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest JThumar

You have to press the button at the top "mount R/O" to delete/change system things in root explorer.

I also had a lot of troubles with link2sd and atomic, i fixed it by making a partition trough clockworkmod instaid of a tool. It took me a whole day to fix it, i explained it in the link2sd topic :)

Dumbest question on the forum....sorry guys....found the tab

Guest unomesmo

One bug: FM Radio volume is not affected by multimedia volumen levels.

Two functions I think will be interesting to see:

1.- kill app with the back key, like in CM7

2.- turn on/off screen with the back key or another, up volumen or so... Not only with on/off key

This rom is very nice!

Sorry but, does anybody read me? Only me has the 'problem' with the fm radio?

Please, tell me if my post is showed.. may be I am making a mistake

Edit... Sorry, I just now read the answer below.

Edited by unomesmo

Guest unomesmo

https://market.andro...adsetcontroller

Thought I'd share this find since Atomic doesn't have a separate audio profile for headsets. Basically with it installed you can have your audio automatically adjusted to 100% or whatever you set it as when you plug in headphones and then go back to default when they're unplugged, so there's less chance of you damaging the phones speaker.

@ tillaz

I did mention the above and a "bug" in a private message to do with v4.

Ok. thanks.. Searching by 'fm volumen radio multimedia' it didn't give me this answer... just now I read it..

Edited by unomesmo

@ unomesmo

I'm not sure if that will actually fix your problem. It's more of a suggestion for people using this ROM.

Lets say you're playing some heavy metal rock or dubstep with some headphones plugged in at a 100%. When you unplug the headphones the next time you press play it's going to put the audio out at the same level through the speaker, which risks breaking the speaker. The software is a safeguard to fix that problem, but it's not required if you're using ROM's based on CM7 since they have it built in.

Edited by H3ROS

Ah man the music skipping is back,I am confused.I flashed the new boot.img and all was well,now for no apparent reason,my music skips on screen rotate again.All I done was calibrate my sensors,could this have something to do with it?

I really love this rom as it is great for music.I have some x-mini Max speakers that I attach to my skate when doing my training.Atomic rom kicks out them drum & bass sounds nicely,just that skipping kills it for me. :(

Edited by Guest

@ jikobutsu

No skipping here. I had it once, switched to my backup of Ice Armor to see if that had it (which it didn't) and then switched back to by backup of Atomic and everything has worked fine since using PlayerPro. This was before I had even applied the patches too, although I have now just to do some battery tests.

Edited by H3ROS

Ah man the music skipping is back,I am confused.I flashed the new boot.img and all was well,now for no apparent reason,my music skips on screen rotate again.All I done was calibrate my sensors,could this have something to do with it?

I really love this rom as it is great for music.I have some x-mini Max speakers that I attach to my skate when doing my training.Atomic rom kicks out them drum & bass sounds nicely,just that skipping kills it for me. :(

you could just lock the screen rotation from the status bar widgets, then it wont happen lol

will see if i can find out what is going on with this huh.gif

@tillaz,I woke up this morning,turned wifi on,only I am getting wifi error!

I rebooted,tried several times,wifi error.

edit: reflashed the dhd.zip fixed it.

post-796032-0-95668400-1327311349_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest dibbles

FYI: Just to let you know tillaz that using this ROM on my phone doesn't do much for the battery life, even with the two files you uploaded to test. Overnight with no usage it dropped 13%. During the day, with no usage, it drops quite a lot. Using better battery stats there seems no issues under partial wakes.

With my wife's phone this ROM is fine, in terms of battery usage. It does not drain much overnight (a couple of %) and it is fine during the day - this is with the original 4 release and without the two files you provided to test.

The same method of a full wipe was performed on both phones and the same apps installed after.

Both phones had the launcher removed and the ADW Launcher EX installed. Data disabled on both phones.

So for some quirky reason it seems to behave differently on one phone than it does on another, might be small hobnomolies in each phone.

On both phones the CM 7 builds also produce high battery drainage.

On my phone the best ROM as yet, in terms of battery usage, is the Elitemovil ROM with the Z3 Kernel. I can get up to a few days light usage from mine.

Both of our phones are equally as new and swapping the batteries over does not change the behaviour.

I am now using on both phones SetCPU with a screen off profile of 122mhz and 245mhz with the smartass V2 governor. Normal use (screen on) is set to 245mhz and 902mhz smartass 2 for mine and the same, except for 787mhz, for my wife.