[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Wacky.ddw

I used CWM4.0.1.4 as well and it worked. :)

Worked fine for me on two phones with no issues.

Im happy for you guys it worked, but on my device it didnt.

I only put the TPT and the ROM on the SD nothing else. I did the TPT and when i wanted to install the ROM it gave me a error. So i had to connect it to my pc flash cyanogenmod then clockworkmod 4.0.1.5. When i rebooted again i could flash Atomic without any problem.

So im 100% sure it wont work with 4.0.1.4 on my device.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Pillhead

im sorry to say that although i love this rom.........................fully charged at 12 midday and flat by 7.30 with everything as i would have on the cm7 rom?

what am i doing wrong?

its like going back to the san fran.

i can get two days out of cm7.

also i notice on the latest version it supports data roaming which is a really good feature.

ps can anyone tell me how to get the little arrows back that show data transfer?

Guest tonybeau

I am not sure that I can help but I am doing a test with mine using the Atomic 4 rom to see how long the battery will last in standby. The last time I looked in had been running for 30 hours and the battery is down to 75% full.

Have you downloaded the Battery Saving file on the first page?

Edited by tonybeau

I am not sure that I can help but I am doing a test with mine using the Atomic 4 rom to see how long the battery will last in standby. The last time I looked in had been running for 30 hours and the battery is down to 75% full.

Have you downloaded the Battery Saving file on the first page

hi

i did the battery saving file im the firs page , and didn´t work for me.

i full charge the phone at 7 pm and i let the phone on standby all night, and this morning i have 50% battery live.

what i´m doing wrong?

Guest muhahahaah

@hacrn: Have you switched off mobile data and wifi? Maybe go to flight mode over night!

Since I flashed the Battery Kernel Add-On, I don't have the governors smartass, lagfree etc. Is this regular?

Edited by muhahahaah

Guest dibbles

I too was having some issues with the battery usage and this ROM.

Trying it again what I have now ensured is...

Data off and Wi-Fi

Gallery frozen - for some reason that was often wanting to sync.

Under Account settings all data sync and account sync is off.

SetCPU is used with the smartass V2 governor and a screen off profile is created. That profile uses 122mhz-245mhz.

Launcher replaced with ADW EX.

All sound and haptic feedback turned off.

Animations stopped.

Auto brightness off but overall brightness just below max.

Can't seem to find an option to use 2g only and if I did I assume that MMS would still download ok, albeit slower..?

Using the above and after 1 day and 2 hours I am down to 83% battery life.

The above is not using the alternative kernel (nothing has been noted what has changed in that to offer better battery life that I have read).

Other ROM's which have offered very good battery life, for me, are the Elitemovil (Z3) and the ICE Armor ones.

Guest tonybeau

I am testing my phone with wifi, data and GPS off. So far it has been 47 hours and it is now 68% full. I am using the No-Frills CPU Controller as supplied with the rom and using the govenor "on demand". This is not the same as every day use of course because the screen, the app and poor phone signal strength all use the battery.

Hope this helps.

Guest dibbles

FWIW In my limited testing I have found no difference with turning the GPS on or off as it does not actually activate unless an app or something seems to want to use it. As long as no app is waking up or trying to us it (and for me there doesn't seem to be) then I leave it "on" as when I use my GPS software for sriving it is ready to use.

@tonybeau - Have you got betterbatterystats installed...? If you did and had a look under partial wakes what is listed..? Prior to me doing what I did over a 24 hour period I used to find "alarmManager" having over 1 hour attributed against it. Over the same period now it has around 40 seconds. Then again there are other ways to try and deal with that one.

Guest JThumar

Guys one quick question.....is it possible to enable/highlight icon press in Go Laucher ?

Found it.....guys

Edited by JThumar

Guest dibbles

@tonybeau

I would only have the app if you are interested and concerned enough over the battery drainage. For that I have found it much better than anything else I have found, especially if you think that the partial wakes might be an issue.

Overall I have found it invaluable.

Edited by dibbles

Guest Pillhead

whats the point in testing battery life of a phone in standby?surely real world figures are more usefull. also why on a phone like this would you want data disabled? surely thats why we have these phones?

Without data enabled they are just a large touchscreen phone.

Saying that phone was fully charged at 9pm left wifi enabled but everything else off and by 11 its down to 35%.

shame as i like how this rom looks but its not good with battery lasting like this.:(

ps if it is something im doing wrong ill post back, does anyone know how to get the little data arrows back?

Guest dibbles

For both me and my wife we do not use the data function of these phones. They were primarily bought as large touch screen devices which allow calls, texts and useful screen size for the GPS software we use when driving, although most of the navigation is done using the audible directions. We rarely need Wi-Fi for the Internet as I have other devices for that.

Testing in standby was only done to see, without user intervention, what was draining the ROM and if partial wakes was a problem. On my phone it did seem to be an issue but now it looks to be ok. This was also done with my wife's phone so then we would have a comparison.

In our type of day to day use we both can get around three days use without needing to charge.

Guest tonybeau

I agree, "real world" figures would be more useful but can you explain what "real world" use is? It varies from one person to another, one day to another - unless you had strictly controlled conditions one persons battery life would not be applicable to anyone else. For my own information, I decided to see what the battery life was like without all the variables such as wifi, data, screen brightness etc.

It helps me to know how long the battery would last with minimal use but that doesn't mean that you would get the same life with your phone usage. I doubt whether anyone would have the time or inclination to test different roms with a "standard" usage, what ever that is.

Guest Pillhead

I agree, "real world" figures would be more useful but can you explain what "real world" use is? It varies from one person to another, one day to another - unless you had strictly controlled conditions one persons battery life would not be applicable to anyone else. For my own information, I decided to see what the battery life was like without all the variables such as wifi, data, screen brightness etc.

It helps me to know how long the battery would last with minimal use but that doesn't mean that you would get the same life with your phone usage. I doubt whether anyone would have the time or inclination to test different roms with a "standard" usage, what ever that is.

well i would say real world usage when having a phone like this is to have data enabled for starters

Guest Wacky.ddw

I have bin using the new kernel for a few days now, my battery life seems worse then on the stock kernel. Im swiching back to stock kernel that had great battery life :s

Guest tonybeau

well i would say real world usage when having a phone like this is to have data enabled for starters

Ok, go ahead and test different roms with your usage and let us know the results.

I have bin using the new kernel for a few days now, my battery life seems worse then on the stock kernel. Im swiching back to stock kernel that had great battery life :s

Do you have link to stock kernel for 2.3.5 ?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Do you have link to stock kernel for 2.3.5 ?

No meant to my backup i made before i flashed the new kernel, am i the only one who's battery drained that fast?

I recharged it completly and from 19hour to today 14:15 hour my phone drained 65 % in less then 24hours.

On stock Atomic kernel it barelly drains 2% over night.

Guest trivpursuit

Hello am trivpursuit,

I do not know where the presentation or not.

But I have a problem in my Monte Carlo, the approach is the calibration of the screen, because after making a call while on the other side does not turn off the screen turns black.

How to solve this problem?

thank you

@ Wacky.ddw

My phones been idle for over 15 hours and has 0% battery loss on the new kernel.

@ trivpursuit

It's been mentioned in the thread a few times. Load up hardware test, click the first thing in the list, selector sensor and then "calib".

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Pillhead

must be something im doing then.............

as for my results.

with the latest cm7 with all the same apps widgets etc i have the phone on from 6am .....with data gps and wifi enabled. I then listen to the radio for 30 minutes whilst checking emails browsing and facebook etc on the way to work.

maybe 30-45 minutes of phone calls and about 20 texts.

i still have at least 50% battery when i finish work. I can get home turn the phone off and get another days usage................just

I must be doing something wrong with this atomic rom as the battery life for me is truly pants.

using all these custom roms seems to be very hit and miss.

Guest dibbles

@ dibbles

That's very odd. I had my phone on charge until around 1:30am last night and it's now 4pm and the phones still at 100% battery with WiFi forced on via Trillian.

As I said earlier, I'm currently testing the other kernel but I can give you some details about my setup.

• Disable GPS
  • Set the network mode to GSM only (I use WiFi as theres no 3G coverage here)
  • Use the noop I/O scheduler and ondemand governor
  • Create a profile in SetCPU for screen off with the min at 122MHz and max at 245MHz, 100% priority and governor as ondemand
  • Install Timeriffic and create a profile to set the brightness to 30% Monday to Sunday at 8am
  • Create a second action in Timeriffic that sets the brightness to 4% Monday to Sunday at 1:30am (or earlier if you're not using the phone that late)
  • Get a program to manage your startup applications, I use Autostarts, and disable some things that you don't require after startup e.g. No-frills CPU control, ColorNote, Email, Maps, Link2SD, Skype, Trillian

I have applied most of those settings now, apart from the GPS one.

I have also resolved why I was getting lots of AlarmManger partial wake issues.

I'm not too sure what else I could disable from Autostarts - I assume that I would have to leave apps like Gmail. I know that I have to apply caution as you can get to a point where things stop working or the phone will not boot.

As I have not changed to the other kernel I use the Smartass 2 governor, not sure why that one over the ondemand one but I'll see how it goes.

I'm not sure what was changed in the other kernel so I will stick with what I have for the time being.

I have changed to GSM only as I do not need the 3G mode anyway, I assume that the few MMS messages I get will just take a little longer to receive..?

I have also disabled account sync.

Up to now the battery life seems so much better than it was when I previously tried this ROM so thanks for posting those pointers :)

@tillaz,

I done some tests by flashing stock kernel and a few of k.K's kernels,and the music problem is still there.It would seem then that this is not a kernel problem.

Edit: tried stock kernel from stock roms topic and the music problem is gone.

Edited by Guest

Guest tonybeau

Hello am trivpursuit,

I do not know where the presentation or not.

But I have a problem in my Monte Carlo, the approach is the calibration of the screen, because after making a call while on the other side does not turn off the screen turns black.

How to solve this problem?

thank you

Just another thing to check - I put a screen protector on the phone the other day and when I made a call my screen went black and stayed that way too. I then found that the protector was slightly covering the sensor at the top of the screen. I cut 2 or 3mm off the protector and it worked ok.