[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

@ dibbles

You're welcome.

If you use ondemand then the phone will either use 245MHz or 787MHz. If you're touching the screen then the phones going to be using 787MHz anyway. However, SmartassV2 will jump to 787MHz and then it can take much longer to go back down to 245MHz so you end up using more battery.

Using GSM should slow down MMS I think, and once tillaz releases the next ROM update you can add Toggle2G which should save even more battery.

Guest trivpursuit

@ trivpursuit

It's been mentioned in the thread a few times. Load up hardware test, click the first thing in the list, selector sensor and then "calib".

hi

Now is working properly...!

Thank you

Guest dibbles

Thanks for the information about the governors. I have now changed to the ondemand one for both my active and screen off profiles.

I did notice that whilst on smartass v 2 the CPU usage was split between 85% at 122mhz and nearly 4% at 902mhz. Albeit they were measured with very little phone usage.

Guest JThumar

Yes.......managed to get more than 2 days on this ROM after few charging tips given in other thread.......happy with battery so far

I have applied most of those settings now, apart from the GPS one.

I have also resolved why I was getting lots of AlarmManger partial wake issues.

I'm not too sure what else I could disable from Autostarts - I assume that I would have to leave apps like Gmail. I know that I have to apply caution as you can get to a point where things stop working or the phone will not boot.

As I have not changed to the other kernel I use the Smartass 2 governor, not sure why that one over the ondemand one but I'll see how it goes.

I'm not sure what was changed in the other kernel so I will stick with what I have for the time being.

I have changed to GSM only as I do not need the 3G mode anyway, I assume that the few MMS messages I get will just take a little longer to receive..?

I have also disabled account sync.

Up to now the battery life seems so much better than it was when I previously tried this ROM so thanks for posting those pointers :)

Edited by JThumar

Guest Wacky.ddw

@ Wacky.ddw

My phones been idle for over 15 hours and has 0% battery loss on the new kernel.

I will let it drain completly then charge it completly and do the battery stats wipe maybe that helps :)

Do you have wifi on or off?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest ChrisHS

Just in case you were wondering why it's a bit random on battery charging & use.

Green status led at >= 90% so ignore it for telling you it's 'ready' if you want it to be full.

When 100 % shown battery is at >= 4.15 V.

Actual full 4.259 V (highest voltage I've seen) still just shows 100%, you need to use hardware test->battery to see the voltage rather than just the percent (ZTE dialer *983*0#).

Sometimes it take ages to get there & may only get to a bit less. My phone has been on for over 24H still at 4.257 V.

Best charging for me is the wall charger as it puts out 5.1 V & resistor allows phone to know it's on a charger & can take more current than usb data lead spec.

USB output varies a lot. Spec is 4.75 to 5.25V. Most cables use thin wires so it might be 4.75 V at the PC & 4.1 V at the phone. Even with a good cable it seems to charge quickly sometimes and slowly others on the same pc with the same cable.

The Orange car kit charger is so bad it charges 1% after half an hour. Feeble wiring drops too much voltage.

I can't remember the discharged off voltage for my phone as I didn't record it the only time it was discharged that far. Using discharge graphs for the bottom end & being generous with where it runs out....

Although 3.0 V is empty, 3.5 to 3.6 V is near empty ie less than 5% left & mostly straight line on most charts above this to full.

4.15 - 3.5 = 0.65 V drop = 95%

0.2 = Extra 29%

So lowest 100% indicated is really ~78%.

If you think it's eating through the battery it might be you charged to 4.15V showing 100% rather than 4.259V still showing 100 % (130%).

Chris

~~~~~

@ Wacky.ddw

It's on all of the time. I never close Trillian and have that force WiFi to be enabled.

Battery has dropped to 96% and has now been on for 22 hours and 39 minutes.

@ ChrisHS

Sounds about right to me. I always leave the phone on charge an extra half an hour or more once it says 100%.

Guest dgstern

I've been very happy the this ROM and appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

But on my skate it is still almost impossible to see unselected status bar widgets against the black background. Is there any way to change either the unselected widget colour or the background to improve this?

Guest Wacky.ddw

@ Wacky.ddw

It's on all of the time. I never close Trillian and have that force WiFi to be enabled.

I let my phone completly discharge, then put the adaptor in the wall before i went to sleep. When i woke up i pulled it out and its bine running for 1,30 hour and the indicator allways shows a "V" sign instaid of 100% when i pull it out. After about 45min it went from "V" to "96" but with this kernel it allways drops by about 4 or 6% at once. While on the stock kernel goes 100% 99%...

Maybe i should let it drain completly and then recharge it all night then wipe the battery stats? But in my expirience that doest help mutch. :)

Its not that i care that mutch about it, its still way better then stock battery life. Its just that i have the feeling that the old kernel had better battery life :P

Thanks ChrisHS thats educational :D

Guest Wacky.ddw

Sorry if I'm being dumb but is there any way to edit the options in the notification power widget?

No there is not, you can slide it from left to right and allmost every option you want is in there :)

I cant imagine anything usefull missing :)

I tested Atomic v2.5 over a 48 hour period after a full charge and little use, just to see how much battery was used from doing next to nothing. I had set to GSM (2G) with data enabled (account sync on) and wifi and GPS off as I don't use anyway. No calls and no sending of text messages in the test period. So the only action was me reading my gmails that came in (plus replying to a couple) and maybe 5-10 minutes of internet use.

After the 48 hours my battery was at 67%. Battery use was something like 50% and 48% for mobile standby and phone idle, with the remaining 2% being for either display and android system. Can't remember which it was, but not much.

I don't use the phone for calls and don't play much music, so I conclude that my battery drain in normal use is purely down to internet use, which can be up to 2-3 hours per day normally. I haven't attempted any of the suggestions made above other than take the brightness setting off automatic and set to around 40%, with animations on. I'm not sure whether adjusting the CPU stuff would help (default setting in No-frills CPU - 245/787MHz, ondemand and sio) or using Toggle 2G/3G.

So no startling revelations from this end, unless anyone can read something into the above?

Have started using Juice Defender (default settings) but not expecting any miracles.

Edited by Nozz

Guest Pillhead

@ Wacky.ddw

Battery has dropped to 96% and has now been on for 22 hours and 39 minutes.

@ ChrisHS

Sounds about right to me. I always leave the phone on charge an extra half an hour or more once it says 100%.

thats good going~! is hsdpa enabled?

@ Wacky.ddw

It might be worth trying. I've not done a wipe in a long time now.

@ Nozz

I tried Juice Defender but didn't like it. It disables WiFi/data and then enables it every so often so that the phone will get emails and stuff. That's no good to me when I have a Trillian active all of the time so that I get messages almost immediately.

@ Pillhead

GSM only since I use WiFi mainly. When I'm out I do enable data usage though.

Currently my battery is at 64% with 1 day 19 hours and 5 mins of uptime. I've had music playing, downloaded stuff from the market, sent texts, viewed emails and talked on Trillian.

Off topic but Swype works great on the OMC/Skate. Playing with it last night is what taken a lot of my battery :P

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Pillhead

just had to charge battery after minimal use as its been off as ive been in hospital today for a operation.

just went into the batteryusage bit and it said android system 75%.................does this mean the phone isnt going into standby properly?if so how do i fix it? if it does then i might of solved my crap battery life lol

Guest tonybeau

Off topic but Swype works great on the OMC/Skate. Playing with it last night is what taken a lot of my battery :P

How did you get hold of Swype? It doesn't seem to be on Android Market.

While I was out this morning I tried to play some music and noticed that if I tapped the notification bar so that I could view the date that the audio would skip. However, I just this minute fixed it by creating a backup, wiping everything but the memory card, installing CM7: Ice Armor and using it briefly, doing the wipes once again and then restoring my backup.

Edited by H3ROS

While I was out this morning I tried to play some music and noticed that if I tapped the notification bar so that I could view the date that the audio would skip. However, I just this minute fixed it by creating a backup, wiping everything but the memory card, installing CM7: Ice Armor and using it briefly, doing the wipes once again and then restoring my backup.

If you are not bothered with overclocking,do what I did,use stock boot.img....Works really good now,flawless :)

The music skipping is kernel related,as soon as I switched to stock kernel it has not skipped once.

Edited by Guest

By stock kernel do you mean the stock Skate/OMC kernel or the original kernel supplied with this ROM? I'm guessing you mean the real stock kernel that can't overclock, but again that'd be a little odd since CM7 doesn't suffer from any music skipping with the overclockable kernel.

Edited by H3ROS

By stock kernel do you mean the stock Skate/OMC kernel or the original kernel supplied with this ROM? I'm guessing you mean the real stock kernel that can't overclock, but again that'd be a little odd since CM7 doesn't suffer from any music skipping with the overclockable kernel.

Yes I mean stock omc kernel.

I dont think skipping music has anything to do with overclock,I was just saying that the stock kernel is not overclockable.

If it was overclocking that caused it,then all the roms would have such a problem.

I am thinking that it has something to do with notification bar and screen rotate,but how that relates to the kernel in Atomic,I have no idea.

Can anyone remember if skipping was present in V3 and up to V4 ?

I dont recall it myself.

@Tillaz,is there any progress on this ?

Edited by Guest