[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

@ jikobutsu

I didn't really try much music prior to v4 so I'm not sure. With what you said about overclocking though, I don't think that's to blame. I was simply saying that it's a little odd that the CM7 kernel that can overclock works fine there and a kernel change worked for you. It's also odd that I didn't experience any stutter until now and after flashing another ROM and restoring my backup it's working again. That said, I think it could be a cache problem as when I was adjusting the buffer size in PlayerPro the problem would be less frequent when it was made larger.

@ Pillhead

http://forum.xda-dev...=1340472&page=3

Someone posted the apk there (it's free). I've no idea if it works or if it really is the 1.1.1 version.

@ JockeSve

You're welcome.

You may encounter one bug with it not adding spaces between words as it should. If you've got that then just select to use the stock keyboard, restart the phone and then select to use Swype again. It happened just once for me, but I'm not that bothered as I really like the software as it improves my typing speed and I'm amazed by how well it works. I just wish the keyboard had a few themes or I could change the $ for £ without having to press the caps button.

Edited by H3ROS

I think it could be a cache problem as when I was adjusting the buffer size in PlayerPro the problem would be less frequent when it was made larger.

I just had a look at cache with root explorer,and something does not look right.

Does anyone else see that in cache ?

post-796032-0-41080800-1328021663_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Nothing like that in my cache folder, just an apk. Looks like a corrupt folder for you though.

looks bad :lol:

I am going to flash AtomicV4 as it comes and see if I still get that messed up cache folder.

Maybe something to do with using stock kernel.

I think I found the problem. When I play a particular album it will stutter once I restart the phone and I just fixed it by clearing the dalvik cache, which made booting longer (its a one off) but theres no more stutter until I reboot again. I've tested it multiple times to be sure :)

I think I found the problem. When I play a particular album it will stutter once I restart the phone and I just fixed it by clearing the dalvik cache, which made booting longer (its a one off) but theres no more stutter until I reboot again. I've tested it multiple times to be sure :)

You should pm tillaz with your findings.....hopefully he can fix it.

Guest Petesky

I'm having problems with rebooting using V4 which I think is GPS related, I was using a golf app yesterday and screen went black and I had to pull battery,

Today I had 2 reboots using the Sat Nav,

I've got Skate overclocked @ 940 so I'm going to start reducing overclock to see if it makes a difference

(in fact going to original speed first then I'll know for sure if its the overclock causing the problem )

Just like to know if anyone else has this problem and what their overclocked at

Thanks, I got it and installed it. It seems very good.

Ahh, the Swype beta is rubbish.

Download ''TouchPad Keyboard' from the android market" and it has native Google Voice recognition instead of the nuance crap

@ JetKun

I just tried TouchPal and it's missing a lot of the functions Swype has e.g. capitals and double letters. Personally I don't ever use voice recognition as it doesn't understand my accent well and I feel awkward giving my phone orders when I'm in public. So IMO Swype is better.

Guest bunny_1607

Looking for a bit of help.

I've just moved from Orange Stock ROM to Atomic v4 and enjoying the improvements!!

All looks ok but when plugging into the pc (windows XP 32-bit) to copy some files over (bootanimation, etc) my adb link does not see the phone any more (no devices).

Setup worked 100% with adb and fastboot on old ROM and would like the ADB shell from the pc to work again.

Also nothing phone/ADB wise showing up in Windows Devices screen.

Have disabled the firewall but still not joy.

USB debugging is ticked ... Must be missing something somewhere.

Does it need different drivers/config (Agh! Please let it not be that again, but phew eventially cracked that one now)

Any ideas or suggestions ... help!

will be updating the rom on the weekend when i have time, mainly fixes & modded cm7 mms app.

not sure if anyone noticed but m.tvcatchup.com is not working when trying to view channels, iv fixed this and other video/audio related problems

Edited by tillaz

Guest stonefisher

will be updating the rom on the weekend when i have time, mainly fixes & modded cm7 mms app.

not sure if anyone noticed but m.tvcatchup.com is not working when trying to view channels, iv fixed this and other video/audio related problems

m.tvcatchup.com works fine on atomic v4 for me. I havnt installed the new kernal or anything.

Guest ronc2000

Looking for a bit of help.

I've just moved from Orange Stock ROM to Atomic v4 and enjoying the improvements!!

All looks ok but when plugging into the pc (windows XP 32-bit) to copy some files over (bootanimation, etc) my adb link does not see the phone any more (no devices).

Setup worked 100% with adb and fastboot on old ROM and would like the ADB shell from the pc to work again.

Also nothing phone/ADB wise showing up in Windows Devices screen.

Have disabled the firewall but still not joy.

USB debugging is ticked ... Must be missing something somewhere.

Does it need different drivers/config (Agh! Please let it not be that again, but phew eventially cracked that one now)

Any ideas or suggestions ... help!

If you want to transfer files to/from phone, you DO NOT tick USB Debugging!

just got windows 95 booting on my o2x and fallout 2 working close to perfect lol (very playable) going to try the skate tomorrow, if it works & anyone would like the info on how to do it will make a guide with all the files needed biggrin.gif

EDIT: NOT WORKING ON SKATE (ARMV6 NOT SUPPORTED)

Edited by tillaz

any requests for the update on the weekend ?

this will be the very last update as i am giving the phone to my dad

Apart from music skipping this rom is a masterpiece.

But one small thing I would like is to be able to use my favorite 200dpi without the blue circle at bottom of pull down going off to one side.The Max is around 210dpi at the moment.I know its a small thing,so no worries if you don't get round to it,as this rom is absolutely epic,and you will be a legend amongst the skate community.

Guest pandalorian

any requests for the update on the weekend ?

this will be the very last update as i am giving the phone to my dad

Is it possible to implement the ICS's ON-OFF switcher instead of marks @ the menu?

Our loss, but this ROM is so good I can understand your wanting to 'move on'.

The only thing I can think of is maybe make the grey a little lighter in the pull down menu. i.e the off state of Wifi, gps etc.

All the best with those 'other' phones!

Sam

Guest Pillhead

under battery stats on my phone android system is still taking up more than system standby?

from what i read this isnt right and would explain my battery drain.

ive turned everything wifi, gps, 3g, data all off...............all i have is a 2g signal.

is there anyway of delving deeper to find out?

Guest dibbles

Just an update...

Since making the changes to my phone to try and get as much usage out of it that I can between charges I have now just checked and found that I am at 4 days 19 hours with 42% battery life remaining. With those settings applied, which were posted several pages ago, I have been using the phone for light calls, sent a couple of MMS texts and received a couple, sent and received quite a few std texts, taken around 20 photos, some with flash, and reviewed them etc. I have played no games nor used any Internet, but then again I do not use my phone for that.

Whilst the above is of little use to others, as we all use our phones differently and expect different things from them, I must note that for my type of usage this is really good.

Tillaz - Your Dad will be well impressed with this phone and, for me, the only thing I could think of that I would have liked to change would be a plain and more std coloured them rather than the blue as it is now, or the other coloured ones on offer. I think that is more down to me finding the std type themes easier to read but then again I manage ok as it is.

I never bothered with the alternative kernel to test but in your next update which kernel would you use. Apart from the governors which you do not think work (smartass 2 IIRC and some others.?) are there any other changes in the kernel you would change it for..?

Edited by dibbles

Guest Wacky.ddw

I never bothered with the alternative kernel to test but in your next update which kernel would you use. Apart from the governors which you do not think work (smartass 2 IIRC and some others.?) are there any other changes in the kernel you would change it for..?

I have bin using the new kernel for 3 battery cycles i think, and i have my doubts the new kernel has beter battery life then the old one. I texted about 5 to 8 times a day called 2 times for allmost an hour and my battery lasts 2 days 3 at max. While with the old kernel i could use it 4 days.

I would go back, but i dont want to flash the ROM again.

Tillaz could you make a flashable zip from the old kernel?