[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

everyone should use this tpt anyway, it gives you more internal memory :)

Good to know, thanks :)

When you say the new version will be up soon do you mean tonight?

Guest Wacky.ddw

i get an error when i try to flash

"assert failed: write_rar_image ("/tmp/boot.img"boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/At0mIc-v3.zip

installation aborted

can you help me ? i used atomic 2.5 before

I have the same problem. I will do the tpt tommorow. Do i need to go to zte stockrom first?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest tillaz

Tested on mine.

boot.img

You won't be using this kernel in any of your ROMs will you? It's not overclockable :/

thanks for doing this again, & yes using this but i will make it overclockable smile.gif

yes, then im taking a brake from it all for a while wink.gif

I'm patiently waiting then :D

I guess if you're going to use this other kernel then it'd be worth installing the 150MB system, 35MB cache, 255MB data TPT as that'd give me even more internal memory. That or the the 160MB version posted here.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I'm patiently waiting then :D

I guess if you're going to use this other kernel then it'd be worth installing the 150MB system, 35MB cache, 255MB data TPT as that'd give me even more internal memory. That or the the 160MB version posted here.

i could not install any kind of theme or add-on on the 160mb tpt...(said it installed but after booting i found it had not) so i went back to the 200mb tpt

Guest tillaz

ok, uploading now....

so.. iv removed toggle 2g and resigned the whole rom with its original key because using the same one as cm7 has caused me nothing but trouble... boot looping on every change i make... ( not good for further releases or anyone trying to mod the rom )

removed smartass ect... i think they make no difference at all (if you want them flash elitmoviles kernel) this kernel is more like the bluemonte version, should result in better battery life and no errors when writing boot.img (i hope laugh.gif)

so before jumping to flash a diff kernel for smartass give this ago first, battery life should be better & touch screen responses

fixed the washed out looking popup boxes (darker shade of grey)

should have init.d support.. let me know if you get app2sd working if you use it

Edited by tillaz

Guest unrandomsam

ok.. so there woz going to be 2 versions, deodexed & odexed, but now i think i will just stick with deodexed versions only...

odexed roms are kind of restricting to wot you can actually do to them...

not to keen on the new ics notification sounds...

hopefully this will be up before 12 wink.gif

They are not really that restrictive just complete what you want to (deodexed) and then odex it again.

Guest tillaz

@tillaz: How exactly do you make it overclockable? Btw, does Atomic support init.d scripting?

if it dose not work in v3b try this to add it smile.gif

0.) on your phone download busybox from market

1.) install android sdk on your computer

3.) open a console (on windows use the "cmd" command)

4.) remount "root" to read/write (type following commands in the cmd)

Code:

adb shell
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1 /
exit[/code] [/font] 5.) retrive the init.rc file from your device: (type the command in the cmd) [font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Code:[/size]
[code]adb pull /init.rc C:\users\XXXXX\Desktop\init.rc
6.) open the init.rc file and add the busybox command to execute scripts in the /system/etc/init.d folder after the lines that does mkdirs etc but BEFORE zygote starts (this stars the whole android)... Code:
service userinit /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
oneshot[/code] [/font] 7.) close and save the file, push it back to your device, than reboot: [font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Code:[/size]
[code]adb push XXXX\XXXX\init.rc /init.rc

now you can use the init.d folder as in CyanogenMod / other custom roms.

Edited by tillaz

@ FarLadZ

Did you install the 200MB version or the 150MB version? The 200MB one is the safe bet.

What are the stock sizes, does anyone know?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ FarLadZ

Did you install the 200MB version or the 150MB version? The 200MB one is the safe bet.

What are the stock sizes, does anyone know?

250mb system

Guest Dukelord

So please in a nutshell, what is the difference between v3 and v3b? You said you removed cpu frill overclock? Why? And what are the improvements in v3b? Need to know whether to install or not. Does it need wipe before install if I am already on v3? I take it v3 battery mod, ics font will work on v3b?

Edited by Dukelord

Guest tillaz

So please in a nutshell, what is the difference between v3 and v3b? You said you removed cpu frill overclock? Why? And what are the improvements in v3b? Need to know whether to install or not. Does it need wipe before install if I am already on v3? I take it v3 battery mod, ics font will work on v3b?

overclock is still in v3B, i have made the battery life better & responsiveness of touch screen & removed useless crap basically & hopefully fixed the installation error people are getting

all the roms from 2.0 have the ics font installed, that add-on is just to come back from the gingerbread font if you used it

stock battery mod & icons are just add-ons

unfortunately it will need a full wipe as i have resigned it with its original key (see couple pages back for more info)

Edited by tillaz