TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Guest Chris Type R

@Chris, APNs still seem to be broken in the stock android settings, using APNmanager seems to let me change the APN but to no avail sadly.

:( - pity.

Guest Petesky

I got my OMC this morning ,got it rooted , installed clockwork , flashed bluemonte and got the Turbosim from GG Gadgets to work fine

with a T-mobile sim ,so not a bad days work LOL,

Had lots of bother getting the Turbosim to work ,had it in and out of the phone about a dozen times , so I maybe just got lucky that the contacts finally lined up correctly,

or

I had already changed the sim card lock to 1234 in the event that I was going to probably have to change the code, all I did was program the turbosim back to 0032 , put sim back in original phone and changed the sim card lock back to default , then put sim and turbosim into OMC and it worked fine ,

As I say I maybe just got lucky but I'm not touching it again lol

Hi guys,

Here is my experience with g-g-gadgets x-sim:

Cutted my sim to fit the x-sim and inserted in Skate without problems. Turned the phone on and it asked for my pin. After that the sim card was instantly accepted and my carrier 's name appearead on the phone. Just used the default programming (0032).

Pros:

- I can make calls without any problem (with roaming on or off, data transfer on or off)

- I can send sms without any issues (with roaming on or off, data transfer on or off)

Cons:

- For some reason the phone sometimes doesn't receive calls. After entering standby mode (black screen when it's not used for a while..) I've noticed that some times calls are missed. When I use the phone again I get a message from my carrier saying someone as called. Afterwards the phone seems to wake up or something and most of the times I can recive calls during the time screen is active...after standingby again I can't receive calls anymore (this apperas to be somehow a random behaviour);

- To acess the internet I have to enable roaming and data transfer. Internet sometimes is very laggy and other times works well.

- My carrier default APN doesn't appear. I have to configure mine in order to get internet working, but after placing some MCC settings and saving the APN isn't saved. I can only put the username and password and some other fields in order to save the APN and get it into the APN's list. Anyway, after getting it into the list the phone recognizes some APN (even if my APN settings are incomplete) and the internet is on;

- I can operate in 2G mode for making calls but no internet (I have an iphone that in 2G accesses the internet but in a slower rate, yet it accesses it). My Skate in order to have internet it must have 3G turned on (allow data access trought network option) and the carrier signal (always with the R symbol) becomes green with a 3G symbol and two arrows above green as well. In this mode I can receive, call, go to the internet and even when the phone is in "standby" it seems it doesn't loses the signal so frequently.

3G does consume alot of battery life and I havn't found a way to get internet in 2G only. The really anoying part is not knowing if calls are getting to my phone or not...

Do you guys share the same experiences ? Any ideas to solve this ?

Thanks !

Edited by Raynox

found answer from american website , dont put any APN settings in except for NAME and the APN ie goto.virginmobile.uk. leave everything else not set ,and dont alter the MCC and MMC , save and reboot , full signal and internet on .calls both ways and txts

Edited by nesser

Guest glossywhite

Your contributions to this thread are invaluable, thanks.

I'm one of the very few people actually dedicating myself and my hacking skills to discover a proper, permanent unlock solution for your OMC. I don't feel I need to chase my tail with X-SIM; I'll let you do that.

My contributions will be infinitely more valuable than a stop-gap solution, when they come to fruition.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

So less talky, more worky.

Wow, that's rude!

Would you care to be added to my list of people who will get the solution free, if and when we get it cracked? Sarcasm won't help that.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Chris Type R

I'm one of the very few people actually dedicating myself and my hacking skills to discover a proper, permanent unlock solution for your OMC. I don't feel I need to chase my tail with X-SIM; I'll let you do that.

My contributions will be infinitely more valuable than a stop-gap solution, when they come to fruition.

Good luck to you. Until an alternative is published this hardware solution is worthwhile to pursue further as it does appear to be yielding results for some networks.

Guest glossywhite

Good luck to you. Until an alternative is published this hardware solution is worthwhile to pursue further as it does appear to be yielding results for some networks.

I've no problem with what others wish to do. However, I am entitled to an opinion, and my opinion is that this effort could be better spent on finding a PROPER solutuon. That is only my opinion, though.

Guest Chris Type R

I've no problem with what others wish to do. However, I am entitled to an opinion, and my opinion is that this effort could be better spent on finding a PROPER solutuon. That is only my opinion, though.

Good, you've voiced your opinion on this thread more than once. I think we all know what it is. Perhaps you can continue your unlock investigation and we can keep an eye out for your posted solution ?

Guest glossywhite

Good, you've voiced your opinion on this thread more than once. I think we all know what it is. Perhaps you can continue your unlock investigation and we can keep an eye out for your posted solution ?

Fortunately I am not a capitalist. If I was, I'd charge with sheer greed, like everyone else. As it is, I would rather make people happy than ask for money. I'm not a facility, I am a human being, and I kindly ask you to show a little humility, and not treat me with such contempt, thank you

:)

Guest stiefanu

Got it to work. Put the gg sim in a phone it works in, then back in the Monte Carlo. Still can't get internet to work, tried both blue Monte and cm7, can't manage to get mobile data working on either.

Have you inserted only 0030 and 0159 codes, or have you used xsim software?

How much time have you waited until phone find network?

Edited by stiefanu

Guest MoreLazers

Have you inserted only 0030 and 0159 codes, or have you used xsim software?

How much time have you waited until phone find network?

Yeah I've tried both codes, neither seem to work any better. I'm going to try the xsim software sometime today.

And @Glossy, it was just a joke, chill man. If you look at another thread you'll see that I posted that I would donate £10 to tilal if he had managed to get the phone unlocked. So think before you go making those types of comments again please.

Guest stiefanu

Yeah I've tried both codes, neither seem to work any better. I'm going to try the xsim software sometime today.

How do you use the xsim software?

Do you have any other support to read the xsim?

I have found this in the xsim guide:

Auto calculate the correct data

1. select ‘User Datas’button

2. Open your phone and goto SIM card TELE book menu, find the name is GSM, and put the data to frame‘Input’

3. Press‘List All’button then create a list in Preferential, Second and Other. These three list is possible correct data. Preferential is more possible data

4. Test these data from list till find right data. The data you select will display in Messages windows, and then you can be easy to remember what is correct data.

5. Input the correct data in ‘Mode_tpye’,Select‘Value Lock’,input name you are like in ‘Proset’,then press‘Save’button to save it.

Do you know how do the second thing? I can't understand what it says..

Guest Joey Scarf

my x-sim seems to be very intermitent, it works most of the time but then it ends up not working when you really need to make a phone call,

they are ok, but just so much hassle

this thread also just seems to be turning into a argument