TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Guest putbinoot

Why 23410 ? My understanding is that you use the code for the operator that your handset is locked to, so 23433 or 23434 for Orange UK?

Ahh maybe that's were i went wrong. The things is i am sure it was only letting me have 8 digits but 234330096 is 9 digits.

Guest Chris Type R

Ahh maybe that's were i went wrong. The things is i am sure it was only letting me have 8 digits but 234330096 is 9 digits.

I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't use 0096 - you need a Mode Type. Not sure what value to use for this... I tried 23433001 but this gave an error.

From the earlier post:

You need to enter the 5 digits of your phones locked network code plus your phones Mode_type code 3 digits)

Edited by Chris Type R

Got the sim off Darren today can't even get a signal nothing just says can't connect to network.Even my 2 year old dealextreme sim would let me make and recieve calls.So for me thats it till an unlock is out or my 3 months is up,Only 4 weeks till that.Does anyone know if orange will let me use my phone credit against the unlock.

Yes everything is working great

Delivery: Quoted as 2-3days, mine arrived day after order (1st class)

Price: £3.79 (seems to be plenty in stock)

Seller: Good reviews with 98.5% positive feedback

Very easy to use as you just put it in front of your sim card, you'll need to cut a little hole in the top of you sim card,

cutting the whole doesn't effect anything and then you may need a bit of cello tape to keep it in place. then that's it unlocked

The phone only stays unlocked while you have the turbo sim in, as soon as you take it out it is no longer unlcoked

This is because it just "confuse's" the phone

Link to item on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_3841wt_1139

Picture just to show everything is working

post-809807-0-50217000-1318173831_thumb.

no offence but i cant see any network provider in this picture.....

Guest Joey Scarf

no offence but i cant see any network provider in this picture.....

you can see my phone loading the bbc page, i was definately working, i was making calls and texts, and you can see the 3g

Guest Chris Type R

you can see my phone loading the bbc page, i was definately working, i was making calls and texts, and you can see the 3g

I see you also have Roaming showing. Maybe you enabled roaming data ?

Has anyone phoned you - or has the phone been really quiet this week :D

Edited by Chris Type R

i know that but orange also has 3g / 3g+ & could load them pages with credit... should of really showed the t mobile part with signal...

no worries though, its no big deal, i had a feeling it would not work lol

Guest Joey Scarf

I see you also have Roaming showing. Maybe you enabled roaming data ?

Has anyone phoned you - or has the phone been really quiet this week :D

Yes i enabled data roaming but i'm not being charged for anything

Guest glossywhite

I'll keep you guys posted when my "NO CUT TURBOSIM" arrives. I'll do a proper, comprehensive YouTube 720p close-up guide, none of this "I thought I'd film this on my phone" nonsense, camera held 3 feet away, diagonally; LOL!

If it works, expect a link to my YouTube video, along with eBay link. I know what I'm doing ;)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Joey Scarf

maybe we will just have to look back for a proper unlock solution, but i still can't understand why your's don't work

i have also ordered a no cut turbo sim as i would prefer one of those

I received mine today, when I first put it in the phone connected to the network,biggrin.gif I'm on giffgaff and showed O2 uk on the main screen and o2 - giffgaff on the notification menu. It also had the 'r' above the signal strength meter.

After a couple of minutes it lost signal and now won't connect at all.blink.gif

If you go into network operators it searches and displays them all but fails to register on network and shows no signal on the main screen.

Orange sim works fine and the giffgaff sim works in other phones so I guess either the turbosim needs different settings or it doesn't work and will be going back.

Edited by mike_

Forgot to mention, when the turbosim is in the apn list is blank and you can't enter new apns, it goes through the motions but when you save they don't display.

Put the orange sim back in and the 3 orange apns are showing.

I see the skate is now in RED with a *on the ebay auction description.

WARNING!*

SOME PHONES MAY HAVE ISSUES WITH FIRMWARE OR 3G NOT WORKING OR OTHER! THE KNOWN MODELS HAVE BEEN MARKED (SEE BELOW) IF YOUR PHONE IS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED WITH A STAR NEXT TO THE MODEL NUMBER PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST !!! BEFORE YOU BUY !!!

Guest netdudeuk

Hmmm. Why amend a listing that's already ended ? :rolleyes:

It looks like he's taken the comment off his web site as well.

IMHO, he really ought to have used that time to offer assistance on here given how many he's apparently sold to users of this forum.

Guest netdudeuk

i have tried all the diff codes on the instructions, none work..... (t mobile)

sending back sad.gif

That's the same network that I need to connect to so mine will need to go back when it arrives.