TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Guest Ritvesh

Hi guys,

I am from Mauritius and have got my i-smart sim from eBay yesterday.

The smart sim over rights the "network unlock" code request when i am using another sim than Orange-UK sim card;

but i have another issue after registering on the other network(orange-MRU or Emtel), i do not have any signal sad.gifsad.gif..

Please Help me out sad.gif

Guest ninjagordy

tilal6991... as there is very limited success with this sim, do you think the topic needs tweaking slightly?

hi guys,

right. i ordered the omc before i knew it wasnt unlockable but today i found this thread and ordered the sim off ebay for unlocking. can someoe tell me if its reliable enough with the omc for everyday use once its been flashed with a new rom. im not planning on flashing it tons of times just once. reason i ask is if i refuse the order today it will get refunded but i need to know if this defo works reliably enough for every day use. i use wifi tethering a fair bit.

if its not reliable enough i will refuse the delivery and grab a sim unlocked one or wait for an unlock.

cheers

Gordy. ps the sims are only £4.10 delivered just now on ebay

Edited by ninjagordy

Guest ninjagordy

hi guys,

right. i ordered the omc before i knew it wasnt unlockable but today i found this thread and ordered the sim off ebay for unlocking. can someoe tell me if its reliable enough with the omc for everyday use once its been flashed with a new rom. im not planning on flashing it tons of times just once. reason i ask is if i refuse the order today it will get refunded but i need to know if this defo works reliably enough for every day use. i use wifi tethering a fair bit.

if its not reliable enough i will refuse the delivery and grab a sim unlocked one or wait for an unlock.

cheers

Gordy. ps the sims are only £4.10 delivered just now on ebay

well, the phones arrived so i have taken a gamble... ill wait for the turbo sim to arrive and see whats what...till i have it confirmed working i wont sell my blade.... cracking looking phone btw...screens massive!! ;-)

Guest arnoldziq

Hi there.

I have ordered a X-SIM from e-bay few days ago. i received it and put it in my OMC phone along with my o2 sim card.

According to attached instruction, I did set PIN etc. . I've tried almost all the codes. X-SIM is accepting them.

Everything works normal as it should beside the OMC cannot connect to o2 network. :(

I did try the MoreLazers's method. No success what so ever.

The OMC is still running on stock ROM. No rooted. Reset to factory settings few times. But no luck.

Guys, any thoughts ?

Guest Joey Scarf

Hi there.

I have ordered a X-SIM from e-bay few days ago. i received it and put it in my OMC phone along with my o2 sim card.

According to attached instruction, I did set PIN etc. . I've tried almost all the codes. X-SIM is accepting them.

Everything works normal as it should beside the OMC cannot connect to o2 network. :(

I did try the MoreLazers's method. No success what so ever.

The OMC is still running on stock ROM. No rooted. Reset to factory settings few times. But no luck.

Guys, any thoughts ?

Have you put any of the o2 apn's in to your omc

Guest dadashi

you should be pleased if you can phone, text and recieve calls with an x-sim...internet and data connection is doubtfull, at least you can use wifi at home and friends untill orange give the unlock code in three months...

Guest arnoldziq

Have you put any of the o2 apn's in to your omc

you should be pleased if you can phone, text and recieve calls with an x-sim...internet and data connection is doubtfull, at least you can use wifi at home and friends untill orange give the unlock code in three months...

Guys, dont get me wrong. I cannot connect to o2 at all. Not only for data transfer. My sim card cannot register it self to the network.

Edited by arnoldziq

Guest arnoldziq

have you tried the different codes for different networks for the x-sim...?

OK. I don't know anything about "different codes for different networks".

This is a user manual, I've get with X-SIM :

post-939973-0-12911600-1320095400_thumb.

I did tried to use all codes from the manual. No success what so ever.

Edited by arnoldziq

Guest Chris_67

Seems that you have the same card as I do. Mine is called "Super X-SIM IV" and it looks exactly the same as yours (but I don't know if the chip is the same). Did you try the automatic mode? I was too lazy to try all the different code-combinations. The automatic-mode did it in my place (took less than a minute).

Guest arnoldziq

Finally !!! I've forced OMC to work with o2. :)

post-939973-0-86249800-1320150379_thumb.

Just for test, I did put o2 sim card with stick to it x-sim, to locked Nokia 6500s. (The Nokia is sim locked to Three.uk.) The phone boot up, ask for PIN (I've used 0032). o2 sim register it self to network in a second. I did receive 2 texts with wap/gprs configuration. One form 3, other one from o2. :P

The Nokia is work perfect. Then I've put o2 card back to OMC and it start work ! (Code : 0032)

Guest Sasswell

Hello! thank you all for the information in this thread it has been very useful! i eventually got my OMC to join t-mo by putting the sim into my brother's OSF and entering the code 0032, then inserting it into the OMC and putting in 0032 also. I have joined the network and can send texts and make calls but cannot receive texts or calls, can any of you brilliant people help me? I also have no data but i assume thats because i haven't set up the APNs

UPDATE:I can receive texts when i call someone, eg t-mobile on 150

Edited by Sasswell

Hello! thank you all for the information in this thread it has been very useful! i eventually got my OMC to join t-mo by putting the sim into my brother's OSF and entering the code 0032, then inserting it into the OMC and putting in 0032 also. I have joined the network and can send texts and make calls but cannot receive texts or calls, can any of you brilliant people help me? I also have no data but i assume thats because i haven't set up the APNs

UPDATE:I can receive texts when i call someone, eg t-mobile on 150

I am on T-mobile and same situation here: Can make calls, send texts and use data (3G+ as well) without any issues BUT cannot receive calls and texts UNTIL I make a call myself and then the 'pipe' seems to get unclogged :) and can receive calls. Then as phone is left idle it goes back to the same state of not receiving calls.

I bought the XSIM from Darren on eBay. I have tried codes 0032 and 0096 and the situation is the same.

Guest ninjagordy

I am on T-mobile and same situation here: Can make calls, send texts and use data (3G+ as well) without any issues BUT cannot receive calls and texts UNTIL I make a call myself and then the 'pipe' seems to get unclogged :) and can receive calls. Then as phone is left idle it goes back to the same state of not receiving calls.

I bought the XSIM from Darren on eBay. I have tried codes 0032 and 0096 and the situation is the same.

put it in your old phone after enabling sim lock if not already done ( set to 1234) when asked for code use 0030 , your phone will connect as normal to your network. then put it in the omc and use code 0032 , your phone will connect but may only have limited calls eg out going calls and texts. then manually configure your mobile companys apn settings and you will be good to go. did mines today and its all good .connected to 4g and all data calls working as normal...

cheers

Gordy!

Recieved my X-Sim today...

Changed sim lock pin to 1234 in a different phone

Placed sim and X-Sim into OMC and booted up, on prompt to enter pin code entered (0030, 0032, 0096 - all have the same outcome)

The phone says incorrect pin entered!

The only way to get access to the phone is by typing 1234

No signal or anything with my sim/S-Sim in place

HELP!

Guest ninjagordy

Recieved my X-Sim today...

Changed sim lock pin to 1234 in a different phone

Placed sim and X-Sim into OMC and booted up, on prompt to enter pin code entered (0030, 0032, 0096 - all have the same outcome)

The phone says incorrect pin entered!

The only way to get access to the phone is by typing 1234

No signal or anything with my sim/S-Sim in place

HELP!

hi mate, put your sim and the x-sim in your old unlocked phone , make sure its all sorted for the sim lock first. switch it on with the xsim/sim in place type 0030 it should then activate your phone as normal. once this is done, remove from old phone put in new phone and type 0032 this time . it will /should activate but may have limited use, manually configure your service providers apn settings and it should all be good. try putting your old sim in your old phone on its own first and use the 1234 sim code to get it working again. make sure and search for mobile networks in phone settings and chose your service providers option. once you get your sim working normally again . start at the point with the sim/xsim in your phone and type 0030 and continue from there.

hi mate, put your sim and the x-sim in your old unlocked phone , make sure its all sorted for the sim lock first. switch it on with the xsim/sim in place type 0030 it should then activate your phone

It just says incorrect pin code????

Guest ninjagordy

It just says incorrect pin code????

hi , right ... use the 1234 at that point if you put 0030 in the x-sim , this is in the phone that is unlocked or you have been using. it should then activate as normal... once you have this , swap it to your omc and type in 0032

it must be registering your sim with the x-sim installed on your old/unlocked phone beforeit will work in the omc

Personally I think this X-SIM is duff, as it won't let me input anything other than 1234 in either my old unlocked phone or the OMC :angry:

Now to wait until the 2nd Dec for the Orange unlock

Guest ninjagordy

Personally I think this X-SIM is duff, as it won't let me input anything other than 1234 in either my old unlocked phone or the OMC :angry:

Now to wait until the 2nd Dec for the Orange unlock

may be , email the dude on ebay, he will send you a new one...

may be , email the dude on ebay, he will send you a new one...

Ahh, that'd be cool, shame I ordered it from DealXtreme though :rolleyes: back in September, dispatched on the 30th Sep and landed on my doorstep Nov 2nd!!!

Orange unlock on the 2nd Dec anyways, so not all bad - Gonna try and F up the girlfriends Blackberry with the XSIM now, just for the lols :P

Edited by DB006