[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest martin tander(estonia)

Hello) i flashed rls5 today then restored my apps with titanium and now when i tap manage apps it force closes (process settings has stopped unexpectedly) had same issue with gsf roms but never on cm...any solutions to fix that?

Guest KonstaT

Hello) i flashed rls5 today then restored my apps with titanium and now when i tap manage apps it force closes (process settings has stopped unexpectedly) had same issue with gsf roms but never on cm...any solutions to fix that?

What did you exactly restore with Titanium? You can't restore system apps/settings or you'll have trouble.

I know that applications -> manage applications force closes if your language is set to russian. I have no clue why (and I can't decompile Settings.apk) so I can't do much about it.

Wipe, re-install, don't restore system settings with titanium.

Guest hahawas

Just saw yet another astouding update, I'm impressed ;)

Is this ROM smoother than 'Complete Android Experience' then? If so... I may be inclined to swap haha :D

That makes three of us then... I'd be grateful for a response from someone who has used both this rom and CAE.

Guest TheBrainKafka

awesome battery life when sleeping! 0-1% within 10h.

Really impressing rom overall. Thx Konstat!

Are you planning modding 2.3.6 or 2.3.7 ?

Is google video talk working, means is it possible to see the oposite to who you are talking to? (unfortunately the blade has no front camera :-) ?

Edited by TheBrainKafka

I don't know if any one has experienced this:When I set the screen timeout option to 30 seconds, the option will be unchecked in some time,i.e. none of the options are selected(15 seconds, 30 seconds ,1 minute or other options), thus leaving the back light on until I manually press the power button to turn off the screen. I'm currently using RLS4, don't know if RLS5 will solve this.

Edited by tomlu

Guest TheManicGibbon

I'm working on porting my ICS theme to this for people who want the Android 4.0 look, I'll fix the black-on-black text .

One other point to KonstaT- in your features list, you have " -added ZTE Emode Helper (thanks to FelixL)". Just something I'm curious about...no one called FelixL has posted in this thread, and it was me who suggested that? tongue.gif

Guest KonstaT

I'm working on porting my ICS theme to this for people who want the Android 4.0 look, I'll fix the black-on-black text .

One other point to KonstaT- in your features list, you have " -added ZTE Emode Helper (thanks to FelixL)". Just something I'm curious about...no one called FelixL has posted in this thread, and it was me who suggested that? tongue.gif

Great news TheManicGibbon. Good to have nice themes for this ROM too. :)

Emode Helper is just one the few ideas that are nicked from gsf. FelixL is the guy who wrote that app. But thank you for mentioning it too. :P

Edited by KonstaT

Guest TheManicGibbon

Great news TheManicGibbon. Good to have nice themes for this ROM too. :)

Emode Helper is just one the few ideas that are nicked from gsf. FelixL is the guy who wrote that app. But thank you for mentioning it too. :P

Oh right, sorry! I'm just installing now biggrin.gif

Guest martin tander(estonia)

What did you exactly restore with Titanium? You can't restore system apps/settings or you'll have trouble.

I know that applications -> manage applications force closes if your language is set to russian. I have no clue why (and I can't decompile Settings.apk) so I can't do much about it.

Wipe, re-install, don't restore system settings with titanium.

Thats the thing its aint russian locale its estonian...i restored hd games opera mobile astro facebook etc

Switched to us locale and it works...just played 6hrs straight of gof2 and not a single reboot!)))) Cm reboots every 2-15min wow cheers mate I enjoy your rom))) спасибо за хорошую сборку!)))

Edited by martin tander(estonia)

Guest TheManicGibbon

My Stock Gingerbread theme seems to run fine without any modification so I'll fix the ICS theme and post that up too :) You're welcome to my stock gingerbread theme as well; the notification tray is slightly darker and uses a transparent tray as well.

Hope these can be of use to some people :)

EDIT: spoke too soon, of course flashing the GSF theme transfers the same unlock slider bug that plagued that ROM >< fixing...

Guest TheManicGibbon

hi,i want to flash to this rom,but i have 150 apps in the phone,which is the best way,to keep those apps,titanium backup or other app?

Titanium would be the best for this.

Guest KonstaT

Thats the thing its aint russian locale its estonian...i restored hd games opera mobile astro facebook etc

Switched to us locale and it works...just played 6hrs straight of gof2 and not a single reboot!)))) Cm reboots every 2-15min wow cheers mate I enjoy your rom))) спасибо за хорошую сборку!)))

Yeah, it seems that it happens with estonian locale too. I thought it was something related to cyrillic characters, but apparently not. I'll look into this and see if it happens with some other locales too.

My Stock Gingerbread theme seems to run fine without any modification so I'll fix the ICS theme and post that up too :) You're welcome to my stock gingerbread theme as well; the notification tray is slightly darker and uses a transparent tray as well.

Hope these can be of use to some people :)

EDIT: spoke too soon, of course flashing the GSF theme transfers the same unlock slider bug that plagued that ROM >< fixing...

You shouldn't use themes that are made for gsf. Leaked gingerbread and this release are very similar but not alike. There are some differences in resource ids. You'll end up having all kinds of misplaced texts/other stuff and things pointing to wrong places.

I know this because I thought so at the beginning too. I ended up porting the SystemUI.apk notification power widget wrong way around because of this. :P I had to import all of the original smali code from this ROMs to the leaked gingerbreads SystemUI.apk just because I didn't want to give up and start over.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest TheManicGibbon

You shouldn't use themes that are made for gsf. Leaked gingerbread and this release are very similar but not alike. There are some differences in resource ids. You'll end up having all kinds of misplaced texts/other stuff and things pointing to wrong places.

I know this because I thought so at the beginning too. I ended up porting the SystemUI.apk notification power widget wrong way around because of this. :P I had to import all of the original smali code from this ROMs to the leaked gingerbreads SystemUI.apk just because I didn't want to give up and start over.

Yeep, found this too :P

Can you tell me, what files from the normal ROM do I need to flash over the vanilla ROM to get the reboot/recovery options onto the power menu?

Guest KonstaT

Yeep, found this too :P

Can you tell me, what files from the normal ROM do I need to flash over the vanilla ROM to get the reboot/recovery options onto the power menu?

/system/framework/framework-res.apk

/system/framework/android.policy.jar

/system/framework/framework.jar

Maybe a bug the phone doesnt go into deep sleep when wifi is connected it can be woken with the menu button etc

Does this happen to you every time? I've been testing it for a while now and it did that to me once too. Now the wifi is still connected (I can ping the device) but I can't wake my phone from pressing menu etc buttons. As far I can tell it's working as it should. It also seems to disconnect about 15 minutes after screen goes off (wifi sleep policy is set to when screen off). Are you sure there isn't something else keeping it awake?

Guest TheManicGibbon

Cheers! Knocked up a quick UOT theme as a test and notification tray background transparency doesn't seem to be working; can anyone confirm? Using framework-res and SystemUI from Vanilla ROM.

Guest downloader50

Does this happen to you every time? I've been testing it for a while now and it did that to me once too. Now the wifi is still connected (I can ping the device) but I can't wake my phone from pressing menu etc buttons. As far I can tell it's working as it should. It also seems to disconnect about 15 minutes after screen goes off (wifi sleep policy is set to when screen off). Are you sure there isn't something else keeping it awake?

Hi yes does it everytime

Guest daaneel

Nice work Konstat! Really nice and smooth rom, seems smoother than CM7 for me (and simpler too, with the real good features still there, perfect!).

I hope battery life is more like GSF and less like CM7? Am callibrating battery now, so excited to find out how slow it will drain!

One thing that would make me even happier is an add-on that'll make the circle battery white in stead of green (got a whole black and white homescreen thing going, the green circle's ruining it a little...).

Im pretty new at this, so have no idea where to start to fix this myself...

Another question: is it possible to alter the order of the notification bar shortcuts? Don't use bluetooth but use the "landscape/portrait autoswitch on/off" a lot, so would be nice if I could swap their positions!

Guest R_Bachman

I flashed the rom yesterday and so far looks great. Ty KonstaT. All seem to work fine and its smooth idd with launcerpro i use.

The fact is ,i calibrated the battery only a few hours ago so i need time for testing, still i find it strange that android system has the more percentage

in battery use. Never had it before. I didnt see drains tbh but its strange(suring sleep i lost 2-3% n i slept a lot). As i said i need more time to test it.

I installed it after a full wipe and i didn't add new apps. Only the ones i had before.

Since i saw a theamer in our party :) ,if he or anyone can help would be nice.

I did some changes with uot kitchen n it worked great but i hate the ,yellow on press, on the menus. How can i change this?

One more thing, i would like options with the power widget on the notification bar. Quick settings app would be nice to have there and i'd rather go to the bt menu than opening the bt.

I dont use the data option much.

Thanks again and i will post feedback soon. I'll be testing with rock n roll and vodka tonite so i might need another day or too :P.