[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest TheManicGibbon

Since i saw a theamer in our party :) ,if he or anyone can help would be nice.

I did some changes with uot kitchen n it worked great but i hate the ,yellow on press, on the menus. How can i change this?

One more thing, i would like options with the power widget on the notification bar. Quick settings app would be nice to have there and i'd rather go to the bt menu than opening the bt.

I dont use the data option much.

Thanks again and i will post feedback soon. I'll be testing with rock n roll and vodka tonite so i might need another day or too :P.

These highlight images are contained in framework-res.apk\drawable-hdpi and are named list_selector_background_something.png. There are a few of them and their names are based on the state of the highlight, such as longpress or pressed. You can simply create your own images of a colour you wish in a program such as Photoshop and replace the ones in framework-res.apk with your own before you flash it. It's not all simple though; these are 9-patch PNGs, which are a special type of PNG used in Android that allows images to "stretch" to cope with different resolutions. Making a PNG into a .9.PNG is a simple task once you have downloaded and installed the Android SDK. A complete guide can be found here.

So, to summarise:

1. Create your own coloured images of 76x76 pixels and save them as PNGs with appropriate names.

2. Use the Android SDK to convert these to "9-patch PNGs" with an extension .9.PNG.

3. Use your custom images to replace the yellow/orange ones in framework-res.apk.

4. Flash the new framework-res.apk.

I've not yet looked at the widgets, but if no one else responds I'll see what I can do. KonstaT will be able to help you though.

Hope this helps

Guest KonstaT

Another question: is it possible to alter the order of the notification bar shortcuts? Don't use bluetooth but use the "landscape/portrait autoswitch on/off" a lot, so would be nice if I could swap their positions!

One more thing, i would like options with the power widget on the notification bar. Quick settings app would be nice to have there and i'd rather go to the bt menu than opening the bt.

I dont use the data option much.

I made a thread for notification power widget here:

It's not/won't be user configurable, but there are now few options to choose from. I'll take some requests there (hopefully not too many) and I'll build another batch later according to that.

Guest R_Bachman

These highlight images are contained in framework-res.apk\drawable-hdpi ............................................................................Hope this helps

It worked great :). Thanx for the help.

I made a thread for notification power widget here:

http://android.modac...h-mountain-pie/

It's not/won't be user configurable, but there are now few options to choose from. I'll take some requests there (hopefully not too many) and I'll build another batch later according to that.

Thanks for the link m8.I felt like a real noob tbh. Didnt realized it was scrollable :P . I'l post there when i can think again(damned hungover).

No bugs found so far. I'm beginning to love this rom :)!

Guest downloader50

Tried this rom for a few days and have decided to go back to Ginger Stir Fry B26

Battery - On standby used 7% in 8 hrs overnight more then GSF or CM7.1

Sleep - Phone doesn't sleep properly when wifi is connected

Other than the 2 issue above this is an excellent rom good luck with the development

Guest TheManicGibbon

KonstaT, I need help with a theming issue; whatever I try, I can't get a transparent notification tray on my Gingerbread theme, using the Vanilla ROM as a base. How can I make this transparent? I have had no luck with various online tutorials, and tbh I still have problems recompiling APKs after I have made changes (ie- it never works). Any suggestions? Cheers!

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, I need help with a theming issue; whatever I try, I can't get a transparent notification tray on my Gingerbread theme, using the Vanilla ROM as a base. How can I make this transparent? I have had no luck with various online tutorials, and tbh I still have problems recompiling APKs after I have made changes (ie- it never works). Any suggestions? Cheers!

Nooo, why are you themeing the vanilla version? :P

It might be because I did one naughty thing with vanilla versions SystemUI.apk. It comes down to res/drawable-hdpi/statusbar_background.9.png. The stock ROM originally had gradient filled (non AOSP) statusbar. I changed it to back to black, but that image I used is missing 9patch chunk. It doesn't decompile/compile because of that. Don't know about the transparency thing though.

I attached vanilla versions SystemUI.apk with the original statusbar .9.png image. It decompiles/compiles so try again with that. Rename .zip -> .apk.

SystemUI.zip

Guest TheManicGibbon

Nooo, why are you themeing the vanilla version? :P

It might be because I did one naughty thing with vanilla versions SystemUI.apk. It comes down to res/drawable-hdpi/statusbar_background.9.png. The stock ROM originally had gradient filled (non AOSP) statusbar. I changed it to back to black, but that image I used is missing 9patch chunk. It doesn't decompile/compile because of that. Don't know about the transparency thing though.

I attached vanilla versions SystemUI.apk with the original statusbar .9.png image. It decompiles/compiles so try again with that. Rename .zip -> .apk.

Because I want the vanilla Gingerbread, but with a transparent notification tray haha :)

Guest SWOriginal

Because I want the vanilla Gingerbread, but with a transparent notification tray haha :)

just get working on the ics theme :D.

doesnt this rom have a transparent notification tray? mine certanly does.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Whatever I do, I can never get decompiling/recompiling any APKs to work. Its so infuriating.

just get working on the ics theme :D.

doesnt this rom have a transparent notification tray? mine certanly does.

Sheesh, I'm getting there, the standard version supports transparency, the vanilla does not.

Guest SWOriginal

Coming soon...

looks great :D, would be great if the widget bar was solid black with white icons tho ..

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest slackereconomy

Damn smooth ROM, maybe even the best I've tried on the blade, thank you :) and in lieu of blue steel carbon a la cm7 the ics theme with blue icons tops it off perfectly. as a rangers fan, the green always annoyed me on 2.3

Guest gueschmid

Hallo,

i am using this ROM (RLS5) since yesterday.

I have problems with Wifi and slepping. The WLAN does not get down when the display gets dark. I have tested diff. settings. The normal one (WLAN down whem Display get dark) is now my current setting. But the WLAN is still holding the connection to my router.

Thanks

gueschmid

Guest KonstaT

Hallo,

i am using this ROM (RLS5) since yesterday.

I have problems with Wifi and slepping. The WLAN does not get down when the display gets dark. I have tested diff. settings. The normal one (WLAN down whem Display get dark) is now my current setting. But the WLAN is still holding the connection to my router.

Thanks

gueschmid

Sleep policy setting titles are in this case somewhat misleading. Wifi does disconnect after screen off, but it takes (almost to the second) 15 minutes to do so. This is when wifi sleep policy is set to when screen goes off. If you select 'never', it does exactly that. It is a feature of the .35 kernel and in all ROMs using that (e.g. CM7, gsf) wifi behaves the say way.

any ad-hoc konsta,T,? hyvä rom jos on,,

Sorry, no ad-hoc support. I've tried few patched wpa_supplicant binaries, but none of them worked. If you find a working solution, please share it with other users.

Guest downloader50

Hi Konsta

I wrote a few days ago that my phone didn't deep sleep with wifi connected are you now explaining that the phone does deep sleep properly after 15 minutes or does it never deep sleep with wifi connected

Edited by downloader50

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konsta

I wrote a few days ago that my phone didn't deep sleep with wifi connected are you now explaining that the phone does deep sleep properly after 15 minutes or does it never deep sleep with wifi connected

I'm saying that wifi disconnects 15 minutes after screen goes off (when you have selected when screen goes off wifi sleep policy). From what I've read, the wifi should stay in some low power mode when connected. I'm not sure what this means in terms of sleep/deep sleep (what's the difference between those?).

Weren't you the guy who was saying that you could wake the phone from menu etc keys when wifi was connected? I can't reproduce that on my phone. My wifi is connected (I can ping my phone), but the phone won't wake from those keys. Are you sure you didn't have anything else keeping it awake?

Afaik there is no difference in wifi behaviour compared to other ROMs using the .35 kernel (e.g. CM7, gsf).

Guest downloader50

I'm saying that wifi disconnects 15 minutes after screen goes off (when you have selected when screen goes off wifi sleep policy). From what I've read, the wifi should stay in some low power mode when connected. I'm not sure what this means in terms of sleep/deep sleep (what's the difference between those?).

Weren't you the guy who was saying that you could wake the phone from menu etc keys when wifi was connected? I can't reproduce that on my phone. My wifi is connected (I can ping my phone), but the phone won't wake from those keys. Are you sure you didn't have anything else keeping it awake?

Afaik there is no difference in wifi behaviour compared to other ROMs using the .35 kernel (e.g. CM7, gsf).

Thanks for your reply

Edited by downloader50

Guest linjeinc

is it just for me that this mod gives a warning signal ever hour, have tried the rom without any extra widgets/apps, but still the same

warning signal every hour.

Guest Akash P

KonstaT, I appreciate the wonderful work you have done with this ROM. Could you in the nest release change the colour of the overscroll glow.

For people having problems with battery life, I really think you need to have a re look at your installation procedure and usage, Here's my battery stats.

post-909406-0-59990900-1320159235_thumb.

Guest dirlan2001

is it just for me that this mod gives a warning signal ever hour, have tried the rom without any extra widgets/apps, but still the same

warning signal every hour.

check the settings of the alarms :)

Guest linjeinc

check the settings of the alarms :)

have done that, the sound i get is the same sound as when u have activated to

find open wifi .. but i don't have that activated. And I can't find any other settings

where there are any alerts.