[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Thx for feedback konstat!

Another question:

Is there a way to get market to make the update to 3.3.x?

Is it helpful to bind 'market' and 'market updater' to market via titanium backup?

Thx

Latest market (3.3.11) is already included in RLS6.

With "bind" you mean attach to market option? I have no idea if it helps. I think I've never received a single automatic update to my market. I've always installed the latest update from .apk before that happens. You can find the latest market .apk e.g. here:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/11/01/download-android-market-3-3-11-adds-new-settings-default-auto-update-update-over-wi-fi-only-shortcuts-and-more/

Guest elrond_bs

Thanks for the excellent ROM, KonstaT. It's really smooth and fast. It feels like an improved version of GSF, which was a really good ROM.

I've tested RLS6 extensively , installed many apps, and all works well. Still, I've encountered some minor issues with autobrightness: it was a bit jumpy at first, solved after running the Sensor test in ZTE emode helper (so everyone - run it at first boot, also to calibrate proximity)

After that the autobrightness is still not very good in bright conditions - it doesn't switch to maximum brightness. I fixed that by using the autobrightness values (arrays.xml) from GSF b27, compiling them to the framework. You might consider including them in next release.

I hope I've been useful, I'll report back if i find any other issues. Keep up the great work :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest peacanpie

Good morning to all.

I have been using this ROM for a couple days now and it is very smooth. However, I am having serious issues with the battery life. In particular, overnight battery dropped from 90% to 33%which does not seem normal to me and I rarely get more than 13-14 hours of light use out of it....

Hi there.. On my wiped and tft installed v6, I was getting 30% battery left after work, with one or two short phonecalls, 30 or so texts, 3.5 hours of listening to podcasts & music on commute and moderate internet use. Juice defender ultimate has taken this to around 45%, with the same usage.

On a previous rom I had the kind of battery drain you describe, and it turned out to be a partially corrupted photo that I had taken that was using battery as the phone was trying to index. Bizarre thing was that there was no peaking cpu showing, and the photo looked fine. Anyway, I copied all of my pics off my sd card, recharged and rebooted and bingo - all was well..

I think I saw a free app on the market that can quickly scan and flag 'problematic mp3's and jpg's' but I can't remember what it's called.

Anyway, just a suggestion :-) It might be nothing to do with that.

One odd thing that I have on this rom is that when headphones are plugged in, my notification sounds all play through the speaker, rather than the headphones. Other people on the internet seem to have this problem outside of this rom too, but I def didn't have the behaviour in the rom I replaced.

Anyway, it still doesn't matter to me - this rom rocks, and it's staying on my blade.

I'm running RLS6 and everything is smooth, except my phone won't vibrate on phone calls and incoming Text messages. I have set Settings>Sound>Vibrate to Always. The vibrating "thing" is not broken as the phone vibrates when someone answers my calls and when I'm writing it vibrates everytime I type letter. I have also made sure that the icon for vibration at the top of the screen (when you pull down the notification bar) is turned on, and it is. What could be the problem? :(

Thanks in advance,

Arnar.

Edited by Arnar

Guest malfare

Hi KonstaT!

You should be just fine updating from RLS4 to RLS6 too. Of course if you have problems of any sort, then full wipe is required.

Thank you for your reply!

Done, without any problems so far.

regards

Manfred

Guest LegionGomel

Hi, KonstaT. what do you think about this interesting kernel? It's for nexus s, but based on some GladOS. Main feature is low battery consuming.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1297535

Guest aint got a clue

hi there this is my first time on a forum and i was just wondering i have tried installing this rom it installs the zip but when i reboot the android picture just flashes and turns off nothing happens i have upgraded to clockwork 4.0.1.5 but i have tried everything but it is not working can anybody help me please

thanx

I don't use that ZTE email app, but I guess that's pretty much normal. I think you can adjust the sync interval in that email app also. Those prosentages are also a bit high, but I guess that only depends on how long you have used (or let it sleep) your phone since reboot/charged/unplugged.

Try charging your phone to the max and reboot it before you let it sit for the night. If you still have battery drain over night, those wakelock statistics might give you some idea what's causing it. If you think some app is syncing/downloading from the web, you can disable data connection to see if it stops the drain.

Sorry to bring this up again but I did all those things and despite nothing looking out of the ordinary the battery drained within 15 hours or so. Previously with 2.2 it would last almost double that. Any further ideas?

Guest rockstarszzzz

Sorry to bring this up again but I did all those things and despite nothing looking out of the ordinary the battery drained within 15 hours or so. Previously with 2.2 it would last almost double that. Any further ideas?

By any chance do you have Google maps or Facebook app on your phone?

Guest ZuzMaRa

Hi ConstaT,

I like M-MHMP very much and I've been using it since it was released without any serious issues. Fast, smooth and reliable. Big THX for Your work :)

Let me raise a point for a future RLS7: is there any chance that You ventured into the FM-Radio RDS display? I know that even burstlam failed to tame this issue in kernel 2.6.35(20110911), instead he gave it up. You might - however - consider it as a worthy challenge for a good modder like You and it would be a real trophy if You could find a solution :)

THX again! Cheers!

Guest KonstaT

Hi, KonstaT. what do you think about this interesting kernel? It's for nexus s, but based on some GladOS. Main feature is low battery consuming.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1297535

It's for a different device with a complete different cpu and board. It's more than just a simple copy&paste job, so it might be better if I leave it to someone with proper C-coding skills. :P I'm not even sure that it can be applied to blade. But interesting find since I was earlier thinking about the differences between sleep, deep sleep, etc.

hi there this is my first time on a forum and i was just wondering i have tried installing this rom it installs the zip but when i reboot the android picture just flashes and turns off nothing happens i have upgraded to clockwork 4.0.1.5 but i have tried everything but it is not working can anybody help me please

thanx

Did you wipe data/factory reset? That usually happens if you forget to wipe when switching to new ROM. Wipe data/factory reset and re-install (also check MD5).

There was that one idea thrown in by peacanpie. You might have some corrupt media files on your sdcard, that android fails to index. If you put your phone into aeroplane mode for the night (disables all radios) and you still have battery drain, it might suggest something of this sort. You can also try using your phone for some time without the sdcard or just backup your sdcard and re-format it.

Hi ConstaT,

I like M-MHMP very much and I've been using it since it was released without any serious issues. Fast, smooth and reliable. Big THX for Your work :)

Let me raise a point for a future RLS7: is there any chance that You ventured into the FM-Radio RDS display? I know that even burstlam failed to tame this issue in kernel 2.6.35(20110911), instead he gave it up. You might - however - consider it as a worthy challenge for a good modder like You and it would be a real trophy if You could find a solution :)

THX again! Cheers!

I think that the kernel side of RDS radio patch is ok. It's the app that causes the battery drain (or combination of both). The radio app fails to shut down properly and you can see this from how the volume keys manage media volume instead of ringer volume like they should after you've used the app. I highly doubt that RDS support will be added in the future releases.

Edited by KonstaT

Found an issue with your ROM... I can add new ringtones to the folder /system/media/audio/ringtones through Root Explorer, but when I go try to pick one at sound settings, they aren't recognized.

I always add the ringtones files to the zip file before flashing a ROM, but sometimes I add another after flashing with the method I described above and it always worked until now <_<

So, it seems the only way of adding custom ringtones is to add them to the zip file before flashing the ROM. The problem is that I prefer the ZTE Dialer over the AOSP dialer, which means a full wipe after installing ZTE Dialer :(

That said, I have two requests, if possible of course: can you look in to the ringtone issue and make another version of your ROM with ZTE Dialer?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work KonstaT.

Edited by _BG_

Guest downloader50

Found an issue with your ROM... I can add new ringtones to the folder /system/media/audio/ringtones through Root Explorer, but when I go try to pick one at sound settings, they aren't recognized.

I always add the ringtones files to the zip file before flashing a ROM, but sometimes I add another after flashing with the method I described above and it always worked until now <_<

So, it seems the only way of adding custom ringtones is to add them to the zip file before flashing the ROM. The problem is that I prefer the ZTE Dialer over the AOSP dialer, which means a full wipe after installing ZTE Dialer :(

That said, I have two requests, if possible of course: can you look in to the ringtone issue and make another version of your ROM with ZTE Dialer?

My ringtones added to the sd card are ok I put them in SDcard/media/audio/ringtones

My ringtones added to the sd card are ok I put them in SDcard/media/audio/ringtones

Yes, those are working, but the ones I use I put them in /system folder to prevent a possible lag due to the ringtone being at the sdcard when the phone rings.

Guest KonstaT

I just manually copied a song to /system/media/audio/ringtones with root explorer. After that I set correct permissions and rebooted. Now the song is listed as it should. Make sure that you have set correct permissions (644, same as the rest of the ringtones) to your copied files, it should fix this issue.

Guest Per Ã…kesson

<p>

Data off after sleep

Hi everybody!

I have used Blade for a year. I used JJ, then Swedish Spring, then GSF. I don't like CM 7.1 because I absolutely want the ZTE Dialer, where Contacts has an extra tab for my groups.

Thus Moldovan RLS6 seems to be an excellent choice.

Presently I have 2 Blades (one is extra spare).

On my regular Blade I use Elite Blade 1.1 and on my extra Blade I have installed Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS6 as a reference. Every night I try to make statistics of battery consumption. My goal is to find a ROM and configuration with minimal battery drain. Every second night I switch batteries, so that the old battery and the new battery should not affect result. Sometimes I wipe battery stats from Recovery.

On both phones I try to make identical setup:

Partitioned ROM to 160 mb, 2g only, all data on, wifi on, widget news&amp;weather sync every 6h, Facebook sync every 4h, JuiceDefender, LauncherPro, Gmail, Google+, Lookout, TitaniumBackup.

On both phones I have noted nightly battery drops between 10 and 20% so I can't make any conclusions so far. Perhaps I should measure over longer time span, or use apps such as BetterBatteryStats.

One thing is strange:

Both in the Elite Blade, and on the Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie Blade, sometimes mobile data is OFF after the nightly sleep, despite that I alway set it to ON. I expect mobile and background data to be always ON when I wake up the phone. Does anybody know what can cause this? Some strange app or some setting? :huh:

</p><p>Edit 12.11:</p><p>I removed news and weather widget, facebook, Juice Defender, Lookout, Google+ on both test phones. During this nightly test, both phones used 10-11% battery durung 10 hours, with all data and wifi on. Data was not disabled. Thus my trouble may have been caused by e.g. JuiceDefender<br></p>

Edited by Per Ã…kesson

Guest KonstaT

Both in the Elite Blade, and on the Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie Blade, sometimes mobile data is OFF after the nightly sleep, despite that I alway set it to ON. I expect mobile and background data to be always ON when I wake up the phone. Does anybody know what can cause this? Some strange app or some setting? :huh:

I think this is more of a network releated issue. Sometime network drops your mobile data connection and it can't be reconnected unless tick the data back off/on. This usually happens during rush hours when mobile network is under a lot of stress. I think I've had this issue sometimes with every ROM that I've used in the past.

Or do you mean that the actual setting goes OFF? The setting should stay ON but the connection is disconnected. If the setting changes, then there is something strange going on.

Guest Per Ã…kesson

I think this is more of a network releated issue. Sometime network drops your mobile data connection and it can't be reconnected unless tick the data back off/on. This usually happens during rush hours when mobile network is under a lot of stress. I think I've had this issue sometimes with every ROM that I've used in the past.

Or do you mean that the actual setting goes OFF? The setting should stay ON but the connection is disconnected. If the setting changes, then there is something strange going on.

I use the scrollable advanced power widget. When I pull it down, sometimes the mobile data button is OFF (grey), resulting that the Data box in settings is unchecked. I get confused, thinking perhaps I had touched (deactiveted) it by mistake. Then I touch the button again so that it is green. That is the mystery. Indeed I live in a house where the GSM connection to Tele2 is bad, that is why I always use 2G.

By the way: I will now remove all un-needed junk that uses data, such as Facebook and widgets, then continue testing.

Edited by Per Ã…kesson

I use the scrollable advanced power widget. When I pull it down, sometimes the mobile data button is OFF (grey), resulting that the Data box in settings is unchecked. I get confused, thinking perhaps I had touched (deactiveted) it by mistake. Then I touch the button again so that it is green. That is the mystery. Indeed I live in a house where the GSM connection to Tele2 is bad, that is why I always use 2G.

By the way: I will now remove all un-needed junk that uses data, such as Facebook and widgets, then continue testing.

Perhaps something like juicedefender has switched it off in an attempt to save battery? Try freezing the app or uninstalling and test again.

Guest Per Ã…kesson

Perhaps something like juicedefender has switched it off in an attempt to save battery? Try freezing the app or uninstalling and test again.

thanks, I stopped JuiceDefender

Guest EazyDuz

Just installed this and its like a new phone compared to Froyo r11b, it was lagging like mad.

The only thing i miss is brightness adjustment in the status bar, it used to be up there with the gps/internet buttons etc, can i get it back?

Thanks

Guest KonstaT

Just installed this and its like a new phone compared to Froyo r11b, it was lagging like mad.

The only thing i miss is brightness adjustment in the status bar, it used to be up there with the gps/internet buttons etc, can i get it back?

Thanks

There actually is already one. Did you notice that the notification power widget is sideways scrollable?

It's only auto-brightness on/off switch at the moment, but you can find new version with enhanced brightness button here:

This new version will be included in the next release.