[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

in RLS4 you disabled the boring word "auto-correction" feature of the keyboard but in RLS6 it seems to be back again. Could you please disable it in the next release ?

thanx

Edited by Zebot

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

in RLS4 you disabled the boring word "auto-correction" feature of the keyboard but in RLS6 it seems to be back again. Could you please disable it in the next release ?

thanx

RLS6 uses CM7 keyboard. You can disable it from settings. Settings -> Language & keybord -> Android keyboard -> Auto-complete.

RLS6 uses CM7 keyboard. You can disable it from settings. Settings -> Language & keybord -> Android keyboard -> Auto-complete.

Nice ! thanks :)

By the way, is it possible to manually disable adfree ?

Guest KonstaT

Nice ! thanks :)

By the way, is it possible to manually disable adfree ?

You can copy clean /system/etc/hosts file from some other ROM e.g. CM7 and replace the file that comes with this one.

Found an issue with your ROM... I can add new ringtones to the folder /system/media/audio/ringtones through Root Explorer, but when I go try to pick one at sound settings, they aren't recognized.

I always add the ringtones files to the zip file before flashing a ROM, but sometimes I add another after flashing with the method I described above and it always worked until now <_<

I just did it with root explorer and moved it to /system/media/audio/ringtones, I needed to reboot for it to show up in ringtones in settings.

Guest EazyDuz

There actually is already one. Did you notice that the notification power widget is sideways scrollable?

It's only auto-brightness on/off switch at the moment, but you can find new version with enhanced brightness button here:

http://android.modac...h-mountain-pie/

This new version will be included in the next release.

wowowow brilliant lol, this is running SO much better than my last ROM,

Guest R_Bachman

I really can't complain about battery tbh. I'm at 1 day 18 hours at 67 % light use , 1 hour of calls some texts 1 hour wifi.

The strange thing is that i get android system as the 1st to consume my battery. Usually with light use i use to have cell standby and phone idle being the ones 1st in battery consumption.

26% standby is a bit low. What screen should i post from better battery stats so someone can tell me where is the prob? (or any other app i should use).

Im a bit drunk so excuse mistakes in English :P .

Guest andy9876

Great Rom but I have one problem. When I try to play .avi video files using moboplayer the sound is not in sync with the video and the video is not smooth. Does anyone else have this problem?

Guest elrond_bs

Great Rom but I have one problem. When I try to play .avi video files using moboplayer the sound is not in sync with the video and the video is not smooth. Does anyone else have this problem?

I assume you tested the same .avi files with the same player on other ROM? If not then you may have .avi files with too high bitrate & resolution. Try overclocking, it will help a little. Also try using MX Video player, everything is smooth with it for me with 650Mhz overclocking.

Guest CodeWarrior

After using Froyo r11b for a long time I thought I'd test out the lastest roms and this is the best of the bunch! Big improvement, thanks KonstaT.

It has all the right features without going overboard, will test it for a while longer and see how it goes.

One question, I have an original gen1 blade, would it be better to use the TPT version and update to gen2?

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT

After using Froyo r11b for a long time I thought I'd test out the lastest roms and this is the best of the bunch! Big improvement, thanks KonstaT.

It has all the right features without going overboard, will test it for a while longer and see how it goes.

One question, I have an original gen1 blade, would it be better to use the TPT version and update to gen2?

Thanks.

If you TPT update to gen2, you would have better partition layout (more space for your apps) and more choice of modern ROMs that you could use. Other than that, there are no benefits over gen1.

Edited by KonstaT

Just moved to this RLS6 from GSF B25, and it's for sure much better.

The only thing that's an issue for me so far is that the "back" button LED notification green light doesn't blink when notifications arrive (like a new mail for example).

Is that disabled on purpose? And is there any way to enable the LED notification blinking?

Thanks.

Just noticed that the LED notification is blinking but only when the phone is unplugged from the charger. when it's charging there is no blinking.

Is that way it's suppose to be?

In GSF it was blinking while it was charging.

Edited by hetz

Guest R_Bachman

I really can't complain about battery tbh. I'm at 1 day 18 hours at 67 % light use , 1 hour of calls some texts 1 hour wifi.

The strange thing is that i get android system as the 1st to consume my battery. Usually with light use i use to have cell standby and phone idle being the ones 1st in battery consumption.

26% standby is a bit low. What screen should i post from better battery stats so someone can tell me where is the prob? (or any other app i should use).

Im a bit drunk so excuse mistakes in English :P .

No matter what , i was at 2 days 14 hours with 44% of battery left. Light use as i said but its more than good for me.

Forgot to mention that i had used the phone before the light use, playing games , wifi on , browsing, screen almost always on(i had to piss :P ) , phone calls, etc , for 7 hours+ ,to kill the battery.

Not bad at all imo.

Guest KonstaT

Just moved to this RLS6 from GSF B25, and it's for sure much better.

The only thing that's an issue for me so far is that the "back" button LED notification green light doesn't blink when notifications arrive (like a new mail for example).

Is that disabled on purpose? And is there any way to enable the LED notification blinking?

Thanks.

Just noticed that the LED notification is blinking but only when the phone is unplugged from the charger. when it's charging there is no blinking.

Is that way it's suppose to be?

In GSF it was blinking while it was charging.

Notification LED is blinking when phone is awake. Notification LED is solid when phone is sleeping. If notification LED would blink when the screen was off, it would keep the phone awake and cause massive battery drain. This way you have working notification LED during both sleep and awake.

Apparently the charging LED overrides the notification LED, but there is not much I can do myself. It would take some serious kernel source modification to make it work that way, and it's not my code to begin with. All thanks to Tom G, that the notification LED are working as good as they do now.

Which gsf version are you talking about? I think that notification LEDs were more or less bugged in all gsf versions using the custom (non-leaked) kernel.

Hi.

I'm using this rom since friday. It is awesome. Everything worked perfectly. However I missed the ZTE dialer, so yesterday installed that tas well. Did a full wipe. Now my camera doesn't work, black screen for a while than FC.

Also had proximity sensor problems. I couldn't recalibrate it, always got a Fail! message. But that magically fixed itself :)

I see there is a camera fix, but it is for the Libra phones. Should I give it a try?

Thanks

Guest KonstaT

Hi.

I'm using this rom since friday. It is awesome. Everything worked perfectly. However I missed the ZTE dialer, so yesterday installed that tas well. Did a full wipe. Now my camera doesn't work, black screen for a while than FC.

Also had proximity sensor problems. I couldn't recalibrate it, always got a Fail! message. But that magically fixed itself :)

I see there is a camera fix, but it is for the Libra phones. Should I give it a try?

Thanks

But your camera worked before you installed the ZTE dialer? There isn't anything in that add-on that should make your camera fail. I think that someone else also said something about black screen camera problem and it was fixed with reboot or re-install.

I'd recommend that you try re-installing. That stock kernel is for some ZTE Libra owners and it's for different camera problem (can't connect to camera). It's primarely for testing purposes anyway and can also cause some other issues (touchscreen freezes).

Guest dirlan2001

Which gsf version are you talking about? I think that notification LEDs were more or less bugged in all gsf versions using the custom (non-leaked) kernel.

In the end wbaw completely disabled the notificationleds. I had only a sign of them working when charging the phone.

But as said already by numberous users : you have done a great job. The ROM is close to perfection. I'm using it now for 2-3 weeks without any sign of crashing nor a need to reboot.

The only glitch so far is a (persistent) problem with Sygic navigation sometimes quitting without any reason. That happened on other ROM (GSF 19 through 27, CM, EliteMovil..) too, so it's clearly a Sygic problem. Seems Sygic is depending on some 'connection' and just quits when crossing borders and changing networks...

:D

But your camera worked before you installed the ZTE dialer? There isn't anything in that add-on that should make your camera fail. I think that someone else also said something about black screen camera problem and it was fixed with reboot or re-install.

I'd recommend that you try re-installing. That stock kernel is for some ZTE Libra owners and it's for different camera problem (can't connect to camera). It's primarely for testing purposes anyway and can also cause some other issues (touchscreen freezes).

Well... it was kind of a "user error" :)

Camera works now..

On the stock(t-mobile) 2.2 rom I could simply rename the camera click.ogg to eliminate the shutter sound... apperently it doesn't work on this rom. I never thought this could be the problem..

Guest KonstaT

Is it possible to enable vibration on incoming sms on silent mode? My phone doesn't vibrate despite correct settings..

I'm not sure that I quite understand. Do mean that your phone would only vibrate for sms but not for incoming calls? I don't think that it is possible.

My phone vibrates for sms just as it should when in silent mode. Check your settings in Settings -> Sound. There is also more settings in messaging app, menu -> settings -> notification settings.

I'm not sure that I quite understand. Do mean that your phone would only vibrate for sms but not for incoming calls? I don't think that it is possible.

My phone vibrates for sms just as it should when in silent mode. Check your settings in Settings -> Sound. There is also more settings in messaging app, menu -> settings -> notification settings.

Thanks for your quick reply. I mean, that vibration works fine when phone is in non-silent mode (ringing, new sms). On silent mode vibration was turned off on new sms. I missed out settings in messaging app that you showed me. Now, everything works fine ;). Thank you.