[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest chaosfoevr

Hey nice rom. I got a problem tho, When I talk on the phone the screen dosen't go black. Its still on when I talk. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks!

U need to calibrate the approximity sensor .....use 'zte emoder'app to do so..it should work ....

U need to calibrate the approximity sensor .....use 'zte emoder'app to do so..it should work ....

I can't find where to calibrate the approximity sensor in zte emode. I find delete calibration, but i dont know if thats right?

Guest KonstaT

Hi all,

After finishing the install and everything appearing to be in working order, I find that any apps that I install (both through the market and directly with the .apk file) instantly present me with the "Sorry! The application <name> has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." - Force close dialog box when I attempt to launch them. All of the pre-installed apps that I've tried seem to work perfectly. It's a Gen1 OLED blade and I've installed through the usual procedure: taken out battery, cleared cache/data and factory reset (and also tried with clearing Dalvik cache).

The apps that I install don't install with their icons but instead have the default "android app" icon and usually the "com.example.example" name.

Do you have a second partition on your sdcard? If you have, what filesystem is it formatted to?

Moldovan is Gen2, you should flash a TPT to upgrade in Gen2...

What gave you that impression?

It says [GEN1-2-3] in the topic title and there is instructions how to make it work in all three generations in the first post before the download link.

But I agree that updating to gen2 wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I can't find where to calibrate the approximity sensor in zte emode. I find delete calibration, but i dont know if thats right?

Emode helper -> sensor test -> calib.

Guest chaosfoevr

Its there 'sensor test'....

Guest The Guvnor

Hi,

Very drastic , I know, but you might have to 'enlighten' the proxy-sensor. Get into calibration-mode while shining a STRONG flashlight (I used a 2.000.000 candela-torch) and check the read-out when covering and uncovering the sensor. I did it that way while still on GSF, and since then I didn't need to recalibrate my proxy anymore...

:D

You Sir, are a legend......Fixed. Thanks muchly B)

Hey,

I flashed this rom today. It seems to work (also sensors and so on).

But, when I switched on some music I realized the sound (Musicplayer) is much too loud. Even on lowest level...

Any idea how I can fix that?

Thank you in advance

Guest KonstaT

Hey,

I flashed this rom today. It seems to work (also sensors and so on).

But, when I switched on some music I realized the sound (Musicplayer) is much too loud. Even on lowest level...

Any idea how I can fix that?

Thank you in advance

DSP manager is included in the ROM. You can use equalizer to lower sound levels.

Guest kmblade

Do you have a second partition on your sdcard? If you have, what filesystem is it formatted to?

But I agree that updating to gen2 wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Edit: I reformatted it to ext3 and it works great now! Thank you for all your help, you're awesome :)

I do, yes and it is formatted as ext2 (I did it when I first got my SD card and my rom didn't have apps2sd built-in).

I always thought it was empty and unused but upon closer inspection, the total capacity is 471mb and the free space is 442mb with no files in there (I'm not sure whether that's significant, just adding it in case).

I'm going to look into the procedure for updating to gen2 and how easy it is to downgrade and depending on that, I'll update or not but thank you very much for the reply!

Edited by kmblade

Guest twatter

This rom just works, smooth and reliable (been using for several weeks)

(I only had to calibrate the proximity sensor, that it)

Thanks KonstaT and every one else.....:D

Guest miljanvekic

Can someone please compare this rom with CM7 nightly-257, cause I bought my Blade two weeks ago, installed the latest CM7 nightly right away, but I'm not happy with it, it's not as smooth and as responsive as I thought it will be.

Thanks...

Guest miljanvekic

+

Make a nandroid backup and test it yourself, it's easy and quick.

@KonstaT: where could I get this latest kernel to update BlueGinger?

If I wanted to do that I wouldn't bother anyone with my previous post, don't you agree???

I know how to backup and install rom, but I would really appreciate other opinions on this question, not a suggestion how to do it myself.

Thank you...

I guess you are a little lazy. You don't need to tap the phone for two hours. And why wouldn't you try it on your own, if you are not satisfied with CM7?

The whole process for standard occupied phone takes about:

• Titanium backup/MyBackup for apps~15mins
  • ROM Backup~15mins
  • Cleaning~1min
  • Installing new ROM~15min
  • Checking the features, smoothness, speed, etc~30mins?
  • Going back to CM7~15mins

That's about 1.5h, and you spend only about 45 mins, the rest is automatic. Now where is the problem?

Guest miljanvekic

There is no problem, I just wanted to know if someone else has already done that and what are the impressions.

Thank you anyway, for giving me the advices I do not need, and for not answering my question.

I will not spam this topic anymore with these unnecessary posts.

Guest deksman2

I agree with DVDeus...

It's really not difficult to switch back and forth between roms.

I hadn't been using CM7 because I know it's got bloated over time, and the battery life is consistently reported as being lower on it than other ROM's

I'm currently using Moldovan's ROM, and it's working flawlessly.

Plus battery life is as high as you can get.

Scrolling through the menus is smooth, as is pinching, zooming, etc... plus image heavy content is smoother/easier to get through than on other ROM's (not 'silk' smooth granted, but that will be taken cared of once ICS is done and GPU is assigned to do that work).

Until ICS has been made fully operational for the Blade, I personally recommend you use Moldovan's ROM if you find it better than CM7.

Guest DavieJG

Just moved to this ROM from swedish spring RLS4b. Have to say that i love it, feels like a big step forward in terms of fluidity and general polish, no issues found thus far although i do only do very basic things with my handset. Loving the CRT animation :)

Thanks for your efforts. Good luck with ICS!

Guest hankhandsome

rom installs fine but WiFi doesn't pick up the IP address of my router. I've searched this thread but the only other person to have experienced this problem simply mentions it was an apparent problem with his router - not what he actually did to resolve it.

I have been using this rom for a couple of days. But Im having problem with battery usage.

It drops from a 100 % to 60 - 70 % using the things below

10 min - Conversation in telephone

7 Hours of standby time.

All using everything off like ,wifi,3G,Brightness. I have calibrated the battery. But with no sucess.

I did not have this bad battery usage on the original rom. Any one have on idea why the battery drops that fast? Or is it normal?

Thanks!

I have been using this rom for a couple of days. But Im having problem with battery usage.

It drops from a 100 % to 60 - 70 % using the things below

10 min - Conversation in telephone

7 Hours of standby time.

All using everything off like ,wifi,3G,Brightness. I have calibrated the battery. But with no sucess.

I did not have this bad battery usage on the original rom. Any one have on idea why the battery drops that fast? Or is it normal?

Thanks!

Sounds high to me. What does your battery usage info tell you?

Sounds high to me. What does your battery usage info tell you?

It says:

Mobile stand by : 37 %

Mobile inactive: 31 %

Wifi: 21 %

Screen: 9%

The thing is that I havent used the wifi. I have not been connected to any wifi.

Edited by tcmixx