[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest dirlan2001

Yeah, I think this happen with every ROM I've used. You can see this when you look into settings -> about device -> status -> battery status. It takes some time before status turns from charging to full after percentage has already reached 100%. I have no idea why this happens though.

Hmmm, back in the old days of WM6.5 on the HP614c, there was a bit the same situation that turned to be a bad implementation of the battery-controller software/driver... Might be also the reason why Android suffers from these 'fluctuating' batterylevels. I don't even know if/which battery-controller the Blade has. Maybe a 'techie' could look this up ?

:D

Guest KonstaT

what are the differences from Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS5 ???

Are there any differences from Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS5 ???

Why are you asking the same question again only two hours apart? Why would I make another release if nothing was changed?

You can use search option at the top of the page. Use keyword 'changelog'. You'll find something like this:

RLS6 changelog:

-new kernel built based on burstlam's newer source (complete source available in the first post)

-updated market

-fixed problem with market when purchasing new apps

-updated no-frills

-fixed force close entering applications -> manage applications when language is set to russian

-few other small tweaks

-system size ~121mb

Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no power menu reboot options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

Please don't ask for add-ons to add this or that combination of the above features, I'm not going to make any.

RLS7 changelog:

-updated notification power widget - better brightness button (auto -> min -> 48% -> max) and long press on any of the buttons opens respective settings menu (thanks to flshg)

-fixed small graphic glitch in tab dividers

-enhanced auto-brightness values

-updated No-frills CPU Control

-updated Maps and YouTube

-updated Market

-updated Superuser

RLS7 vanilla changelog:

-zte alarm instead of deskclock (displays next alarm in lockscreen)

RLS7 TPT changelog:

-amss.mbn from latest ZTE update 4G4G_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B25

Edited by KonstaT

Guest compact101

NEWBIE Question

I've not played with my ZTE Blade for over 9 months, but the SD Card crashed a few times and ended up needing/wanting to start from scratch.

I've installed Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS7-TPT.zip

which is good, my newbie questions is

Which of the below should I install, if any?

And then how?

(I was thinking about the first one, but unsure how to install it properly)

Add-ons:

-M-MHMP-RLS7-ZTE-Dialer.zip (ZTE Smartdialer, contacts and messaging - requires full wipe)

http://www.mediafire...cgj7qecvnyjedyb

MD5:0CD67967C588D5766285992C8B9BD45F

-M-MHMP-RLS7-GEN3.zip (converts this ROM to work on your gen3 device)

http://www.mediafire...15klvs6vs2mdcy3

MD5:9E9474BF7222D4619034E88CA2F6C5BA

-M-MHMP-RLS7-Stock-Kernel.zip (fixes camera issue for Libra owners)

http://www.mediafire...04vurjr39vvhxd0

MD5:F162994DDB8A98CAC0FD4E4A653E7850

-M-MHMP-RLS7-Malaysian-Stock-Kernel.zip (optional stock kernel from Malaysian update)

http://www.mediafire...vv2dril62lhfr21

MD5:EE0FD8FB7F51ED5EB6D1D098AC41D631

-M-MHMP-RLS7-No-Battery-Mod.zip (removes battery mod, keeps notification power widget and power menu reboot options)

http://www.mediafire...ota7tbwtb819l4w

MD5:434B66B9CCEE4784872298093602FC04

-Toggle2G (see post #394 for download and installation instructions)

Cheers

Guest dirlan2001

NEWBIE Question

I've not played with my ZTE Blade for over 9 months, but the SD Card crashed a few times and ended up needing/wanting to start from scratch.

I've installed Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS7-TPT.zip

which is good, my newbie questions is

Which of the below should I install, if any?

And then how?

(I was thinking about the first one, but unsure how to install it properly)

If you don't feel the need, there's no need to install any of them :) If ever you feel the need, put the zip (eg ZTE dialler) on your microSD, reboot into recovery and choose install zip from SD, look up that zip and press 'home' to start the installation. Afterwards, reboot again :)

Piece 'o' cake...

Hi.

I'm using this ROM only for a few days, and I'm very pleased.

Two days ago, I opened copilot Live only for a few minutes.

If I see Battery usage info, copilot live has used over 95 - 98 percent, but this program don't are in runing services.

I also used "system tuner" from market, I was unable to find copilot live, and CPU use are normal (not at 100%)

After a reboot, same issue, battery usage shows tha copilot live uses 95%percent, but also I can' find it (i also used command top in a terminal)

I'm unable to remove copilot live from Battery usage info.

Guest dirlan2001

Hi.

I'm using this ROM only for a few days, and I'm very pleased.

Two days ago, I opened copilot Live only for a few minutes.

If I see Battery usage info, copilot live has used over 95 - 98 percent, but this program don't are in runing services.

I also used "system tuner" from market, I was unable to find copilot live, and CPU use are normal (not at 100%)

After a reboot, same issue, battery usage shows tha copilot live uses 95%percent, but also I can' find it (i also used command top in a terminal)

I'm unable to remove copilot live from Battery usage info.

Hmmm, you'll find that your battery has lowered about 1 % :) That 1% general juice is used by the apps indicated in the Battery Usage Info for the percentage of that 1% they used. So in fact Co-Pilot isn't using any juice at all. Co-Pilot isn't running : it's 'waiting' (in memeory) for any action required by the User, you ...

Guest hahawas

Full recommendation for this rom. don't worry if its laggy in the first 2hours of use because after that and a reboot it works really smooth and fast. One of my favourite roms

Guest zendorphine

Yeah, I think this happen with every ROM I've used. You can see this when you look into settings -> about device -> status -> battery status. It takes some time before status turns from charging to full after percentage has already reached 100%. I have no idea why this happens though.

The voltages reported by the Blade seem accurate enough: Blade reported 4138 mV and Fluke 189 true RMS multimeter gave 4.1389 V . Close enough for me. It seems to me the explanation lies in the Li-ion battery technology, see below:

I looked more into the Li-ion battery charging procedures, and actually it all makes sense now. While discharging the battery, the actual battery level can be estimated quite well from the voltage. But this is not the case when we're charging the battery: "The basic algorithm is to charge at constant current (0.2 C to 0.7 C depending on manufacturer; C is the battery capacity in mAh) until the battery reaches 4.2 Vpc (volts per cell), and hold the voltage at 4.2 volts until the charge current has dropped to 10% of the initial charge rate. The termination condition is the drop in charge current to 10%. The top charging voltage and the termination current varies slightly with the manufacturer."

And: "The charge cannot be terminated on a voltage. The capacity reached at 4.2 Volts per cell is only 40 to 70% of full capacity unless charged very slowly. For this reason you need to continue to charge until the current drops, and to terminate on the low current."

Finally: "When the charge rate during the constant current phase is low, the charger process will spend less time during the constant voltage tail. If you charge below about 0.18 C, the cell is virtually full when the 4.2 volts is reached. This can be used as an alternative charge algorithm. Just charge below 0.18C constant current and terminate the charge when the voltage reaches 4.2 volts per cell."

The Blade battery is 1250 mAh and the charger outputs 700 mA, so the charge rate is 0.56 C which tells us the Blade uses the first charging scenario where the battery is 60-70% when the charging is stopped the very second the level meter hits 100 %. So, the only way to actually charge to 100 % battery capacity is to leave it charging for 30-60 minutes after hitting 100 % reading. There's no way of telling when the battery is actually full unless someone knows an app which can report the charging current after the cell voltage is 4.2 V. I don't even know if the Blade monitors this value or not.

Quotes from http://www.powerstream.com/li.htm

I hope this clarifies things a bit. At least it did for me, and now I know why my battery performance varies.

-Z-

Guest dirlan2001

The voltages reported by the Blade seem accurate enough: Blade reported 4138 mV and Fluke 189 true RMS multimeter gave 4.1389 V . Close enough for me. It seems to me the explanation lies in the Li-ion battery technology, see below:

I hope this clarifies things a bit. At least it did for me, and now I know why my battery performance varies.

-Z-

Conclusion : leave your device charging overnight and it'll have a 'real' full topped up battery. That also explains why after taking the Blade from charging , it stays at 100% for a long time...Somebody into hacking battery-controllers out there ?

Could not find what I was looking for so lets try.

Does someone know how to enable automatic 2-way call recording in ZTE dialer? I'm using this great feature a lot when speaking in my car because its not possibly to write anything down. And thats why this call recording is excellent tool.

But how can I enable automatic recording? It is always a bit difficult to turn recording on while you are driving and of course its dangerous also...

So I would really appreciate if someone could give me instructions how to do this...

Guest emppu67

Does someone know how to enable automatic 2-way call recording in ZTE dialer? I'm using this great feature a lot when speaking in my car because its not possibly to write anything down. And thats why this call recording is excellent tool.

But how can I enable automatic recording? It is always a bit difficult to turn recording on while you are driving and of course its dangerous also...

So I would really appreciate if someone could give me instructions how to do this...

use phone recorder app,then in settings would work?

Guest dirlan2001

This one works a charm for me :) If you want more options, you'll need to buy the full version...

This one works a charm for me :) If you want more options, you'll need to buy the full version...

thx for this. But I don't want to use this kind app for recording calls. It would be the easiest way to use only zte dialer or a small app with it to enable automatic recording.

Guest dirlan2001

thx for this. But I don't want to use this kind app for recording calls. It would be the easiest way to use only zte dialer or a small app with it to enable automatic recording.

Hmmmm I've tested some of the app out there, and this one is the only one you can install and forget.... it'll record all your calls two-way in good quality. Good luck n finding something better :)

Hmmm, you'll find that your battery has lowered about 1 % :) That 1% general juice is used by the apps indicated in the Battery Usage Info for the percentage of that 1% they used. So in fact Co-Pilot isn't using any juice at all. Co-Pilot isn't running : it's 'waiting' (in memeory) for any action required by the User, you ...

Thanks for your reply.

I've wiped the blade and now batery usage stats works fine.